2024 Offseason News Thread

We’ll see,  but I think all the Steelers have done here is guarantee controversy.

Reportedly, Wilson will compete with Pickett for the starting job. To which I say good, because I’m not afraid of either of them.

Even if Wilson wins, at 35 he isn’t a long-term answer. Meanwhile Pickett isn’t making anyone forget Ben, and I see no sign of him becoming a franchise guy.

And then there’s Tomlin. He is still only signed through this year. There was a bunch of talk in December that the Steelers were going to extend him…but haven’t so far.

If the Steelers don’t win this year, right now they look set to clean house in 2025.

On 3/8/2024 at 10:33 PM, COB said:

Now rumors are flying that the nfl screwed up their calculations and the Jessie bates compensatory pick should be a 3rd.  

And they did.   1 compensatory pick has now been changed to 97th overall, 3rd rounder.

• Thanks 1

So up in Cleveland, Kevin Stefanski is in the final year of his deal. Supposedly he was supposed to get an extension this year, but it hasn't happened yet and now the Browns are bringing in Mike Vrabel as a coaching and personnel consultant...

There's a whole bunch of drama rumored in Cleveland

1. The firing of Van Pelt.  Supposedly that was an ownership call

2. Flacco - Watson didn't want him around

It'd be nice to have 1 team shit can the season in the North.

• Like 1

Yeah, picture that shit for a minute as Watson.

Cleveland fans talking shit like, "Flacco use to play for the Ravens, but now he's a Brown and he's the greatest ever !!"
Watson sitting on the bench in street clothes like, "What the fuck ?? You know how much pussy I get ??"

• Like 1

From espn:

The Steelers will receive a 2024 third-round pick (No. 98) and two 2025 seventh-round picks in exchange for Pickett and a 2024 fourth-round pick (No. 120), sources said.

Once Pittsburgh signed Russell Wilson, Pickett preferred to move on, sources said.

2 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

Wilson sucks and so did Pickett.  Didn't they lose Rudolph?  They went from 3 crappy QB's to 1.  I guess that's progress.

Yeah Rudolph went to the Titans.

I guess the plan is “suck for (Shedeur) Sanders” in April 2025.