2023 Draft Talking Points

On 4/20/2023 at 6:20 PM, ArmyBengal said:

I like Banks, Musgrave and Charbonnet.

Not a fan of Mauch or most of the others. I think people pencil Mauch to us simply because of Volson. Lazy…

I'm hoping LaPorta drops into the 2nd or 3rd.  Or even Washington.   Or Kuntz in 4th/5th.  Whyle would fine too in the 5th/6th.

Feels like Banks may be the best player there.  Not sure if I like him or Forbes more.   

----

I read where Levis is telling people the Panthers are telling him he's the 1st over-all pick, which is kind of nuts IMO.   What a gamble that is.

Young would be my #1 as long as he's going to a team that has a competent enough o-line that doesn't get him killed.

I watched enough of Stroud to know he's not much of a leader, has a quiet personality, is generally soft, and lacks the psychological make-up to be a take-charge NFL QB at this point.   His arm talent is too good though, so would put him over Levis any day.   Stroud could be a great one if he has the drive for it, I just don't see it though I guess.

1 hour ago, AMPHAR said:

Wow that Florida guard has fallen a lot according to Mel.   You still might be able to find some mock putting him top 15.

I think it’s more of a positional thing. He’s still Mel’s No. 2 guard prospect (Avila is No. 1 at 42). I wouldn’t be surprised if he still went in the first.

Good news for ya'alll, and especially mem:  I have to be at a graduation early Friday morning, so I cant stay up for the Bengals first pick and I will still be out til say 4-5pm Friday, so I will have plenty of time to think about the pick at 28 before I [s]overreact[/s] say anything here

so there's that :-)

I do expect to be around for rounds 2 and beyond

I am still praying for a passrushing phenom at 28, preferably a 3TDT but I'll take a DE, or a passblocking ORT as third choice

CB or TE would be suboptimal, imo

please please please oh gods of american football.....no RB til r4 or later

• Haha 1

PFF with the make Hoosier happy & ruin TJ’s day mock:

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2023-nfl-mock-draft-pff-analysts-seven-rounds-four-qbs#RD1

Bengals trade 28 and 163 for the 25th overall to select Bijan Robinson. TE Musgrave in the second after a trade down from 60 to 66.

1 hour ago, HoosierCat said:

PFF with the make Hoosier happy & ruin TJ’s day mock:

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2023-nfl-mock-draft-pff-analysts-seven-rounds-four-qbs#RD1

Bengals trade 28 and 163 for the 25th overall to select Bijan Robinson. TE Musgrave in the second after a trade down from 60 to 66.

I am not sure they could do anything I'd see as worse than that, honestly

If Robinson or Gibbs is there at #28, I don't have a big issue with taking one of them, if it means Mixon is phased-out for what should be a more productive/rounded RB.   That said if one of top 2 or 3 OT's is there, or one of the top 2 OG's, I'd prefer that.

I'm least excited about a CB that sits for a year at 28. 

Gibbs is definitely the wild card at 28. There’s a good chance he will be there and is the kind of weapon Burrow could do a whole lot with. In the end I don’t think they pull that trigger and end up boring us all with a corner, but it’s not easy to let him go.

King's 1st round mock seems pretty solid for the most part, but if the Bengals' take Musgrave at 28 I'll have a f'ing fit, at least if Murphy, Gibbs and Torrance are there.   Surely a worthwhile TE will be there in 2 or 3, that isn't a big drop-off from a largely unknown prospect in Musgrave.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-mock-draft-2023-peter-202534738.html

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

Gibbs is definitely the wild card at 28. There’s a good chance he will be there and is the kind of weapon Burrow could do a whole lot with. In the end I don’t think they pull that trigger and end up boring us all with a corner, but it’s not easy to let him go.

If they picked him over anyone else at 28 I'd be ok with it I think. 

Imagine having this and Chase in your offense to throw to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg7N0YDFKV0

11 hours ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

If they picked him over anyone else at 28 I'd be ok with it I think. 

Imagine having this and Chase in your offense to throw to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg7N0YDFKV0

Hell just imagine a back who doesn’t go down the second the shadow of a defenders hand passes over his shoes.

Yeah he is one of the handful of legit blue chip prospects in the draft. Landing a player of that caliber, even at a “devalued” position, at 25 or 28 would be almost unthinkable. Which is why I doubt he will slip anywhere near that far. Worst case scenario I think is LA grabs him at 21.

None of the CB's at 28 excite me much, as far as value/impact goes, especially a 160 pound CB who will just get hurt a lot you'd think.   Banks, if I recall, did a lot of non-tackling on run plays, lacks speed etc..,  I'd just assume get guys like that at the end of round 2, and take whatever BPA falls at 28.  But they never do that in round 1 it seems.

I'm not big on either of the Clemson fellas, and I can't imagine who else might still be there that's got value, if it's not a IOL or Gibbs.  

Unless they're in love with someone, I'm guessing they're wide open to trade-down offers.

• Like 1

Holy shit...

For those of you, like me, that really like the build up to the draft and taking a look at mocks.
The people at Pro Football Network already have a mock draft simulator up for the 2024 draft.
All the players have been updated, but there isn't any current information for them.

Crazy fast with that update.