Week 3: Rams @ Bengals Game Thread

HoosierCat

The 2020 Bengals led by Brian Finley beat a division winning Steelers team at home on Monday Night.     They got a handful of guys that will get top of market deals or already have gotten extensions.   They are more than capable of winning vs. the Rams with whoever at QB on Monday night.  

1 hour ago, ArmyBengal said:

Happy that happened to another QB not named Browning in 2020.
Has no bearing what might happen should Browning take a snap.
Again, not wishing him ill or a Bengals loss, but to think he should still win just because? 
I'm just not there.  If anyone else is, that's cool.

"just because"  its not about the QB is the point you are missing, badly.    Finley had Johnson, hart, hopkins, Filo, Spain blocking for him.     The Bengals have dropped a ton on Brown, Volson, Karras, Kappa, and Williams.    He was throwing to Higgins, Green, Boyd, Sample, Gio.    Higgins will demand close to $30m a year as will Chase.  

The supporting cast Browning will have around him is far superior.     The story is the same defensively.

Pitt was eventual playoff/division winner.    I'm sorry, Burrow sits this squad should win and cover over the Rams.   No excuse not to.

It's not about the QB.  Got it.
The Bengals are 0-2 with Burrow as the QB, but we expect some other QB to just win because of the rest of the team.
The Ryan Finley example in 2020, was also the only game Finley started in his entire career that he won.  That's called a fluke.

It's all good though, I just disagree with the thought.  No issue.

1 hour ago, HoosierCat said:

Hey, Hosteler won a Super Bowl, so why not Jake?

Hostetler started 83 games in his career and owned a 51-32 record.
Not exactly an apples to apples, but I get it.  I never thought much of him either.

Honestly, I wouldn't care who quarterbacked the team to a Super Bowl victory.
If they signed Colt McCoy off the street and he led them to a Super Bowl win, he would be the greatest Bengal QB of all time.
I don't think that shit has a chance in hell either.

The Bengals' chance to win dramatically decreases with the backup quarterback. That's true for the vast majority of teams in the NFL. From an attitude perspective, "they should win anyway" is fine -- but it isn't grounded in reality. They're much worse without Joe Burrow. They "can" win anyway, but it'd take their best across the board and probably a little luck too.

Here’s an idea for whoever is QB Zac start running the freaking ball more! Mixon has ran so hard to start the season and Zac only gives him like 13 carries it’s so stupid. Run the ball and let the pass game open up. I know Zac is not a running coach, but maybe it’s time he starts to balance the offense a little. Look at the teams that are winning right now, most of them are a balanced team, let the run game help the pass game.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

It's not about the QB.  Got it.
The Bengals are 0-2 with Burrow as the QB, but we expect some other QB to just win because of the rest of the team.
The Ryan Finley example in 2020, was also the only game Finley started in his entire career that he won.  That's called a fluke.

It's all good though, I just disagree with the thought.  No issue.

Joe Burrow did not play at high level weeks 1 or 2.   Joe Burrow in fact played at a  very low level week 1 and adequate level week 2.   There are handful of back ups that IN FACT could have out played him week 1.     Why this is viewed as if late season, 100+rated, MVP level Joe Burrow was playing and this team still lost?

All off season a Joe Burrow extension was talked about closely behind the question "how do they keep.......".     There is a significant amount of proven playoff talent on this team that is going to get paid as soon as they hit FA market.   

Yes, I expect them to win and cover Monday Night with or without Joe Burrow.  

• HoosierCat changed the title to Week 3: Rams @ Bengals Game Thread