Week 3: Rams @ Bengals Game Thread

HoosierCat

I think it's still up in the air, but I hope he plays. I think the Bengals are decided underdogs in any Jake Browning game, and 0-3 might be too big a hole to climb out of.

I'm not willing to throw a Super Bowl window season in the trash. I'm just not. I don't think Joe Burrow is either, and he'll play if he is remotely capable. I just hope that if he plays, he is able to find some rhythm. Obviously I hope he also stays upright and healthy. It's a sport of risks.

33 minutes ago, Stripes said:

I'm not willing to throw a Super Bowl window season in the trash. I'm just not. I don't think Joe Burrow is either, and he'll play if he is remotely capable. I just hope that if he plays, he is able to find some rhythm. Obviously I hope he also stays upright and healthy. It's a sport of risks.

Here's the thing: we don't know, and frankly can't know, which option is "throwing a Super Bowl window season in the trash." If he plays and exacerbates the strain into a full-on tear, then he's done for the year. Season trashed, barring Browning getting possessed by the ghost of Johnny U.

If he sits for 3-4 weeks and comes back healthy with the team at 0-6 or 1-5, season is also probably trashed but, it's not impossible that Burrow rips off 10-11 wins, either.

Bottom line, both options suck and no matter what they do there's a depressingly decent chance it will be the wrong thing. If it were my call, he sits. But it isn't and you're probably right that he goes unless his leg literally falls off before the game. I'll be holding my breath every time he drops back to pass.

• Like 1

Here’s my thing…

When he first got injured, he sat for like 5 weeks going through rehab and shit. Plays week 1 and 2, back to being injured and resting the majority of the week.

He was already rusty from no preseason and then looked very much like dog shit week 1 and 2. Ok better smelling dog shit in week 2, but still lost.

He can’t be any more in sync than he has been to this point and runs the risk of further injury.

Damned if they do, damned if they don’t.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TJJackson said:

I dont want him out there tonight

Give him another week to heal

at least another week, bare minumum

What’s another week going to do though, he didn’t heal all Summer long, looked liked it lingered into the regular season. It’s something that could linger all year long from what it seems. At this point if he feels like he can go and win and not put the team in a bad spot then run him out there, I just hope he not doing it because he feels he needs to do it, which I doubt is the reason why. Let’s just hope for the best

• Like 1

My question is when do we start to question whether or not this coaching staff is getting the most out of these players and especially the star players. Watching what the Dolphins coach can do with its star players, and they took a terrible o-line and now Tua only got hit 1 time out of 104 drop backs is crazy. Also not just the Dolphins I just look around the league and question things.

Everybody wanted this Pollack the o-line coach back, and the Bengals gave him some guys to work with along with rookies, sure they are better then a few years ago, but they still don’t look great. 

Why does it take Zac weeks to get his offense going or figure out how to get guys open and the ball. Even when Burrow has some time it seems he holds the ball like nobody is getting open. Just hope he figures something out soon.

Defense at this point seems to be the same way, there is no pass rush they draft a first rounder and I have yet to even hear his name called, they don’t seem to be with it much either, again maybe coaching I don’t know.

Im not calling for Zac or other coaches heads, but with all this talent especially on the offense side of the ball you think there would be more production going on, then again be it’s all about the calf at this point. 

• HoosierCat changed the title to Week 3: Rams @ Bengals Game Thread