Week 3: Rams @ Bengals Game Thread

HoosierCat

I’m good with McCarron coming back.

“He started all but one of the Battlehawks' ten games, and in those nine games, McCarron completed 203 of 295 attempts for 2,150 yards and 24 touchdowns against six interceptions. He also rushed for 100 yards and a touchdown.”

Yes, XFL stats, but that’s still solid.
He that attitude about him I like in a QB.

1 hour ago, ArmyBengal said:

The Steelers and Browns win yesterday, but the Ravens lose in overtime to the Colts.

That puts everyone at 2-1, except our Bengals.  Getting that first win tonight would help keep up.

True. OTOH a loss means we can settle in and get comfortable down here in the basement. Been a while. Gonna have to stock the fridge. They still make Old Milwaukee?

The leaves have just started to change and are falling already.
It's been a couple of years since I did that myself.  Better find my rake !!

Regarding the game, even with T-Rex and Hubbard, I thought we would have seen more from Myles Murphy.
In fairness, Sample has been getting more snaps than him, but I just thought there would be more.

Irv Smith also appears as doubtful with a hamstring issue.  It appears his injury history continues.

I just hope the hyped environment of PayJoe stadium on a Monday Night gets these guys amped up.
Regardless of who is starting tonight, just get the offense moving.
If Mixon gets started, stick with him instead of being cute.

• Haha 1

Yeah,  Murphy is a mystery to me too. His snap counts went up against Baltimore but still nada. Doesn’t have so much as a single assist through two games. I’ve just been listening not watching so I dunno, maybe it’s how they are using him. But yeah it would be nice to see something, anything, from our first round pick.

Murphy isn't a concern of mine right now.    They've played in AFC Champ game two years in a row.  That means drafting low and snaps are going to be hard to come by.   They didn't lose anything at DE during the off season and a top depth piece is returning so it should be a tough road to snaps/production.  Especially when you consider he probably wasn't their top choice.   

Now if injuries start to mount.  DEs leave via Free Agency and Murphy isn't cracking the line up or isn't producing.  Then worry. 

I didn't expect tons from Murphy entering the season, but then came Ossai's ankle injury.
With that happening, I really expected to see Murphy's snap count be greater than it has been and when given the opportunity, I was hoping to see at least moderate production without there being a ton of stress on him.  

There was plenty of talk about the Bengals liking Murphy, but they had no intention of trading what it would take to move up far enough to grab him.  When he fell to them, I don't think there was much thought to taking him.  Of course, I could be wrong, but there was plenty of talk.

• HoosierCat changed the title to Week 3: Rams @ Bengals Game Thread