2023 Free Agency Thread

HoosierCat

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, HoosierCat said:

Pelissero reporting that the 49ers are “exploring their options” with QB Trey Lance.

No. 3 overall pick in 2021.

Traded their 1sts in 21, 22 and 23 to jump up for him. Oh and a 3rd in there someplace too.

El Oh El.

The kind of trade that gets people fired.

• Like 1

Nah,  same people that made that trade found Brock in whatever bullshit round he was drafted.  Also have been Superobwl Runner Up, and 2 time - Conference Champ runner up the past 4 seasons.

That group isn't getting fired until the mojo of the current core goes south. 

2 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

Nah,  same people that made that trade found Brock in whatever bullshit round he was drafted.  Also have been Superobwl Runner Up, and 2 time - Conference Champ runner up the past 4 seasons.

That group isn't getting fired until the mojo of the current core goes south. 

Purdy was Mr. Irrelevant in 2022. Last pick in the draft. You literally can’t get luckier than that. And yep saved everyone’s job after the Lance debacle.

Lance is still a debacle tho. If he’d been a Bengals choice we wouldn’t hear the end of it before 2040 or so.

Can't believe the Cardinals traded Isaiah Simmons to the Giants for a 7th round pick.
Dude was a 2020 first round pick and an absolute animal coming out of college.
I can recall some saying they don't know how he fits, but he's athletic as they get.
I would not have minded seeing the Bengals give up that or even a little more and big Lou try to get him in the mix one way or another.  While understanding he hasn't lived up to his draft spot, that dude has never had anything close to consistency with an approach of coaching ideas.

• Like 1

I've been keeping an eye on the cuts from other teams.

Not too much from this point, but I do recall liking CB Kalon Barnes coming out of Baylor.
He was a 7th rounder of the Dolphins and then the Vikings signed him from the practice squad.
Super fast guy with return skills, but sounds like he hasn't developed quickly enough as a CB.
Too bad for him.  We don't have the room and he's not beating out anyone here.