Week 4 (TNF): Dolphins @ Bengals

HoosierCat

1 hour ago, ArmyBengal said:

Additionally for any Veteran here or those that may know Veterans, there is another favorite of mine that I use with a lot of frequency.  https://www.vettix.org/

Once registered, you can set two default areas and a radius for those areas and then select the different types of events you are interested in.  You can set alerts for any event and if they get tickets, they will send you a text or email to let you know.  Sometimes the tickets are free and are always less than full price if you happen to have to pay.

I have been going to Ohio State games and have gotten up to 4 tickets at a time and never paid more than $14 per ticket.  We are going this weekend for free.

Really good stuff !!

I might have to take advantage of that. Good stuff, AB.

2 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

Tell me how you feel when you turn 52 and while turning a screw driver, you simultaneously rupture your biceps tendon, tear your rotator cuff, and detach the ligaments holding the back of your shoulder together.  5 weeks out of surgery and when it rained the other day, I almost had to put myself in a Percocet induced coma to deal with the pain. I feel you Volcom !!

I don't know how it will grade out, but Volson seemed to have a better game as well.  Yes, continued improvement, much like everyone else, but there were times where you can see why he beat out Carman.  On the Wilcox catch, you can see him run nearly 25 yards downfield, get in front of the play and continue blocking.  Had Wilcox broke the tackle, that would have gone for more.

When looking at the Mixon run, where he was basically pushed into the end zone, you can see Volson get moving and slam into the pile, which pretty much pushed it the rest of the way.  I'm not calling the guy an all pro, but it's nice to see him continue grinding out there on a line that has struggled.

Turning 51 in a month so I can feel your pain.

Volson is making more mistakes than I'd like, but he is nowhere near the liability as that scumbag Carman is

He's approaching average already, which frankly is astounding, even with the benefit of two seasoned veterans flanking him

The rookie I want to see more of aside from Dax is the DT, Carter, particularly in pass rush

Is Dax getting special teams snaps, folks?  The snapcount reports only cover O and D snaps.

I dont like them putting Ossai at DT.....his strength is pass rushing as a DE.  He should be rotating with Hendrickson.

I see Carman getting released at some point, and it is almost certain that someone will pick him up as a reclamation project at that point,  Pretty much the same as Ogbuehi, who amazes that he remains employed in the NFL 

also, to mem:   so you will recall that the draft we took Carman, we passed on Teven Jenkins (your guy) and Sam Cosmi (my guy)

Cosmi was rated at the pro bowl level last year, and is the starting ORT for the Commanders

Jenkins has had some odd issues this year and is rotating at ORG with another player, but has posted PFF scores in the 70s while the other rotator is posting the lowest pff scores on the online, so I think there might be some personality conflicts with the coachign staff at play. 

either way, the two guys we passed on are great players, and we got Carman

It's "funny" how things can work out. The entire Chase/Sewell debate from last year kind of hinged on the second round pick.

If you're going to take Chase, cool, but you absolutely must hit on your second round offensive lineman.

I definitely said that. Clearly Chase was the right pick, even debating that would be stupidity. But even the above rationale turns out to have been overstated. They did miss on Carman, went to the Super Bowl anyway, and seemingly upgraded with a 4th rounder in the next draft. Cool beans.

I don't know yet if Volson is "good", but he already strikes me as better than Carman at his floor. That's really all I wanted in the first place.

• Like 1

Highest run blocking grade via PFF was 51.5.   All other starters failed to crack 50.

That's the problem. 

Watching network feed you saw La'el fail miserably to get his head across on a backside block.    Karras driven back on goal line stepping on Burrow's foot.  Then Cappa getting set on his ass.

Glass Eaters! 

If you can see that shit plain as day on Network feed it won't look pretty when breaking down an All-22.   No creditable analyst would stick up for the push in the run game.   Pass blocking wasn't great either but they got the ball out. 

This has to be a major point of improvement.

21 hours ago, TJJackson said:

Yeah, he definitely has a higher floor than Carman

I dont see Carman being with this team in 2023, and honestly, with Scharping already here, I dont see us needing him in 2022 unless we are hit with a huge number of injuries at OG

Carman stopped by this morning and gave me a bid on gutter clean out for once the leaves start dropping.  Dude’s staying ahead of things, good for him.

NFL:  “Our ultra-violent sport destroys the minds and bodies of its participants.  You are a head trauma physician, how’d you like to be the fall guy and take the blame for the inevitable neurological damage we do to these guys?”

Random Neurologist: “Yes, this sounds like a completely legitimate position.  Most of your guys look like they belong in a level 1 trauma center for car crash victims, but they’ll be able to think straight in a few days, give them various injections, they can car crash again right away.  One or two of them, wait a week, then they’re good for roller coaster accidents or being thrown off buildings or whatever you’re doing to them.”

NFL:  “Excellent.”

• 2 weeks later...