1st Round: AJ Green, WR, Georgia

ArmyBengal

Come on Mike Brown has a plan.....LOL LOL

You are right. He has a plan, and come hell or highwater he goes with it and can't adapt to anything else. That's why he doesn't take a trade, he has no clue at who is worth what at the spot he'd have to trade down too. FAR OUT THIS TEAM IS A JOKE.

Wow...Screw the vikings for taking Ponder this early.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to complain about Green really.

I'm sure some will though.

I'm guessing the missed trade opportunity with Atlanta will now quickly become the stuff of Bengal legend/misery.

Welcome to the worst fanbase in all of sports AJ.

Give me a break, it was dumb to not take that trade. Not as dumb as the no trade in 99 but the fact that we didn't take it, and Cleveland did make missing out on the trade even worse, especially if they actually get a good player or two out of it.

This team did not need a wr as bad as we needed linemen.

Hard to complain about Green really.

I'm sure some will though.

Questioning anything the Bengals' do comes with the territory, and is perfectly justified though.

I'm not doubting Green has all the talent in the world to be a very good NFL player, but I seriously doubt he'll get that opportunity here in a mess of an offense/organization that has no QB and no 0-line, a new, unproven system, an o-coordinator with no NFL experience, and a maligned coaching staff and owner.

It's just the way it is.

I would've assumed they do what teams like the Ravens and Steelers have done in the past, and Detroit is doing now, by just building a great defense so that they can keep the bad offense in games.

I don't think this defense is there at all, not close, not at all - they need bodies on that side, they could get by with what they have on offense, if they did that.

It's a typical Mike Brown pick.

I think this is a great pick. Potential top receiver in the league and will make whoever's throwing the ball better.

For you haters, this is per Reedy regarding the trade:

According to various trade charts, the 4th pick is worth 1800 points. The #falcons package amounted to 1756. 6th pick is worth 1600

Had we traded down I'm sure people would be bemoaning Mike Brown's stupidity for not getting fair value. This is a great pick.

C'mon Shula. He was the consensus BPA at the time, and fills a need on the roster. Maybe not the biggest need, but a need none the less.

You are right about being the best on the board, but it's hard to accept when a trade was being offered. Trading down would have filled more important and pressing needs.

C'mon Shula. He was the consensus BPA at the time, and fills a need on the roster. Maybe not the biggest need, but a need none the less.

WR was a big need in this draft, and they just go the best one. They need somebody with speed and hands and thats what Green brings to the team. Shipley was great in the slot, but they need that speed guy outside, sure they have Simpson, but Green just makes them alot better in that postion. Sure they could have made the trade, and i wouldnt had hated that either, but im happy with the pick.

WR was a big need in this draft, and they just go the best one. They need somebody with speed and hands and thats what Green brings to the team. Shipley was great in the slot, but they need that speed guy outside, sure they have Simpson, but Green just makes them alot better in that postion. Sure they could have made the trade, and i wouldnt had hated that either, but im happy with the pick.

How was WR a bigger need than either line or about any other D position?

Hair, tell me you yourself would not have lept at that trade

Not only would I have lept...I would have happily settled for less.

What I refuse to do is exactly what other Bengals fans will indulge themselves in from this day until AJ Green is no longer a Bengal. They'll blame Green. And that's just one of the MANY reasons why I say this is the worst fanbase in all of sports.

Without any justifiable reason Bengal fans have been hating on Green since October. Now there's this. And that's more than enough for a self loathing fanbase that does as much to define what a culture of losing really is as anything the Bengals might do.

We suck.

According to various trade charts, the 4th pick is worth 1800 points. The #falcons package amounted to 1756. 6th pick is worth 1600

I dont care about the freakin chart. It's stupid, and a guideline at that, not a rule

Had we traded down I'm sure people would be bemoaning Mike Brown's stupidity for not getting fair value.

Quite the opposite from me. If SoaG was offered that trade, he is every bit the flaming moron I have always known him to be.

What I refuse to do is exactly what other Bengals fans will indulge themselves in from this day until AJ Green is no longer a Bengal. They'll blame Green.

I doubt it. After all, no one blames Akili Smith for turning down all of NO's picks. If Green excels, wonderful. But Mikey's call means Green better be damned good, or Mike will spend more years under fire for turning down a big score for a high bust.

Was there ever confirmation about us definitively turning down the trade ??

I mean before people b*tch themselves into an early grave...

Nah, I did say "if" he was offered said trade.....

Whether he was or not, the evidence that he is flaming moron is staggering. This would (assuming it happened) just be one more turd on the 10 story manure pile, so to speak

Not only would I have lept...I would have happily settled for less.

Good - was worried you had lost your mind for a second there....:-)

What I refuse to do is exactly what other Bengals fans will indulge themselves in from this day until AJ Green is no longer a Bengal. They'll blame Green.

I don't (and won't) blame Green. Can't speak for anyone else.

No no no....the blame (if it is ever clearly established that we we received an offer similar to the one Cleveland took) clearly is with the man who is paid a salary of a million dollars a year to be our alleged/supposed/pretend GM

Without any justifiable reason Bengal fans have been hating on Green since October.

I don't dislike the guy. Seriously. I just think we needed to stack our chips elsewhere. I need not repeat where :-)

Kaepernick here we come...I hope

Could be the QB that the Bengals want

I'm hoping they didn't interveiw him so maybe trying not give away their interested,I think Bills or someone jump the bengals for Mallet or Dalton so not going be a whole lot to choose from...

GOD I HOPE WE DONT PICK MALLETT!!!!!!!!!!

Wow locker went over blaine... i like lockers upside so dont fault them

/>http://forums.bengalszone.com/topic/22664-bengals-interviewing-gabbert-newton-others/page__st__20__p__347282#entry347282

Good eye TJ,I liked him alot but did have some doubts but the guy just looks like a play maker and I loved his ability to make plays with his feet...

What you really want a WCO QB to do ala Aaron Rodgers not Ryan freaking Mallet the Bronze Statue / Brady v33.0

I dont care about the freakin chart. It's stupid, and a guideline at that, not a rule

I would have been okay with bengals taking much less...2nd & 3rd this year or hell 2nd and 4th and I would have taken falcons 1st...but a 1st and 4th next year too? jesus did browns score...

TV said the Bengals nixed a richer deal to trade down! WTF?!

I hate our owner,But I still like AJ Green it's just we still have so many postions we need upgrade...

FS/SS , QB,OG,RB,DE,DT,LB,CB not enough picks >< more so if we have to trade up to avoid team jumping us for a qb.

One way to look at it too was The Falcons felt That Green was the Piece too since they were trying to trade with the Bengals but had to Settle with the 2# WR...

I am just not a fan of this pick. Not because of the player, but because I don't think adding a wr is going to make this team competitive. Defense, Defense, Defense. And passing up this trade was awful. Mike Brown is clueless. I could keep going but ranting does nothing.

Again I dont hate Aj Green, I just dont think a wr makes this team as dangerous as most people think on offense.

I am just not a fan of this pick. Not because of the player, but because I don't think adding a wr is going to make this team competitive. Defense, Defense, Defense. And passing up this trade was awful. Mike Brown is clueless. I could keep going but ranting does nothing.

Again I dont hate Aj Green, I just dont think a wr makes this team as dangerous as most people think on offense.

Agreed. Just don't see the point of drafting a WR over more pressing needs. Teams are built inside out, not outside in. I would of traded down for Pouncey or Tyron Smith.

I really like what the Detroit Lions did tonight. Suh and Fairley is going to be a scary duo.

Agreed. Just don't see the point of drafting a WR over more pressing needs. Teams are built inside out, not outside in. I would of traded down for Pouncey or Tyron Smith.

I really like what the Detroit Lions did tonight. Suh and Fairley is going to be a scary duo.

No matter who the first round pick was it wouldn't have solved all of this team's issues. Chad is gone so we need a new #1 receiver for the future. This pick solved that issue.