1st Round: AJ Green, WR, Georgia

ArmyBengal

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just awful move on the Bengals part. Not so much the pick but that they didn't take that trade. I am sick, but not shocked....Typical of the stupidity that is Mike Brown and this team.

The question is what did the Falcons not offer that the Bengals balked on? Adam Shefter said a deal was in place and the Bengals nixed it at the last moment.

I dont think i believe that, they said earlier in the night the Falcons were going to try to get Jones, and move to the Browns spot.

The question is what did the Falcons not offer that the Bengals balked on? Adam Shefter said a deal was in place and the Bengals nixed it at the last moment.

I dont think i believe that, they said earlier in the night the Falcons were going to try to get Jones, and move to the Browns spot.

I'm going off what he said live on ESPN. This isn't an internet rumor. Who knows? Would it suprise you if MB turned down a trade offer?

I'm going off what he said live on ESPN. This isn't an internet rumor. Who knows? Would it suprise you if MB turned down a trade offer?

He probably did, what a moron. However i love this pick, i wanted Green, it just gives the bengals more weapons on the outside. It is a postion that needed to be upgraded, now time for Chad to go then i will really be happy

Come on Mike Brown has a plan.....LOL LOL

You are right. He has a plan, and come hell or highwater he goes with it and can't adapt to anything else. That's why he doesn't take a trade, he has no clue at who is worth what at the spot he'd have to trade down too. FAR OUT THIS TEAM IS A JOKE.

This one doesn't just work for me.

It heals.

Now all we have to do is cut the guy wearing clown shoes and we just might have the makings of a football team again.

BTW, it's always nice to hear the Siberia rant from the Chad apologists. I won't say more for now because I know you guys are hurting inside after seeing your boy replaced so easily, but try comforting yourself by reminding yourself that the Bengals didn't really replace Chad. Rather, they actually upgraded the position he once played.

Moving on....

I like the pick...alot.

I would have liked a trade down better.

Run first, defensive minded team? Could've used an extra 2 picks in the top 4 rounds to improve the lines and then a bonus 1st rounder next year.

This team is far from one player making it better. However, Chad is gone. So many conflicting emotions....

They must really wanted AJ, because they were saying before the draft the Bengals were wanting to trade and listening to them. So something about AJ they must have loved, i do love the pick, but like others said all those picks would have been nice. So many holes to fill on this team, all those picks would have been nice

Falcons trade all the way up for Jones...

Confirming what I said in the draft thread about teams seeing Jones as a great #2WR prospect, but not a true #1 guy. For the Falcons, a team that already has Roddy White, a young #1WR still in his prime, Jones fits perfectly. And for Cleveland, a team that desperately needs WR help Jones isn't a must have because he can't fill their need for a true #1.

Falcons trade all the way up for Jones...

Confirming what I said in the draft thread about teams seeing Jones as a great #2WR prospect, but not a true #1 guy. For the Falcons, a team that already has Roddy White, a young #1WR still in his prime, Jones fits perfectly. And for Cleveland, a team that desperately needs WR help Jones isn't a must have because he can't fill their need for a true #1.

Thats why i couldnt understand why the Falcons would want Green, when they already have White??? Jones makes the most sense a good slot reciever with awsome blocking skills, he fits better for the Falcons. The Bengals need that speed guy that used to be Chad, and with great hands....well they got him in Green