Carson Palmer Thread

NJ29

What a mess, nothing more to say

Wait, it's gets better.....

http://hosted2.ap.or...834e9981994c86c

From Mike Brown....

Palmer's request is an indication he doesn't think the team can win the way it currently operates. Brown said they didn't get into specifics of what was bothering Palmer."We'll just have to see how it plays out," Brown said. "We'll reach out to him and understand the things that are in his craw. Maybe there are things we can do that will appeal to him. We'll try to and see whether he can get it fit back together in the future."

Brown thinks they can still coexist."The life of a pro quarterback is not always easy," Brown said. "When you're down the criticism will flare up. That's the nature of our business. We him to re-up, be in good spirits and in time he'll come around. This was a deeply disappointing season for us, we have all suffered from it. I think we will rebound."

--------------------------------------------------

From the receiver formerly known as Chad Johnson and his sidekick TO.....

During the taping of an episode of "The T.Ocho Show" that will air Tuesday night on the Versus cable network, receiver Chad Ochocinco and Terrell Owens said Palmer was unhappy with Lewis and the front office.

"If he's asking for a trade, he obviously wasn't comfortable with the rehiring of Marvin Lewis," said Owens, who is a free agent. "He's been very stealth and discreet with his message, but he's saying there's a problem without saying there's a problem."

"At this point, I think he's frustrated with management and the head coach, management not embracing him ... a bunch of stuff," said Ochocinco, whose contract includes an option for one more season in Cincinnati.

Just googled 'mendenhall rapes ben'. 25000 results - I love the internet. I laughed for the first time today.

Yep. Our quarterback may suck. He may be trying to get the hell out of town. Our receivers may be useless douchebags, and our ownership may be incompetent.

But at least our team doesn't celebrate by sodomizing each other.

Go Bengals?

Like i wrote on the Brat topic, what will he do hire a new offense coaching staff??????? Why wouldnt you ask him what he wanted??

I think Chad and TO are right i dont think Carson likes Marvin anymore, and to tell you the truth im not sure how much i like him either. I really think Marvin dosnt know how to handle his players and it shows!!!!

Just googled 'mendenhall rapes ben'. 25000 results - I love the internet. I laughed for the first time today.

Yep. Our quarterback may suck. He may be trying to get the hell out of town. Our receivers may be useless douchebags, and our ownership may be incompetent.

Go Bengals?

scary part is...what do they do to Ben when the Steelers lose?

Go Bengals?

scary part is...what do they do to Ben when the Steelers lose?

They trot out the big ol' gal with the Big Ben undies....

Where's Pumpkin in all this?

How many family businesses face this same crossroads, where the not-quite-all-there old timer keeps trying to run the business like it's 1982 instead of 2011? And in most cases the younger folks step up and have a very straight-forward talk with grandpa. And they also take away his car keys.

So Pumpking and Troy just sit on their asses, saying, "good job daddy, you know best!"

For the love of God, someone at PBS, do something before the old man drives the franchise right into the crapper. That's morally, financially, won-loss, everything. It's a complete s**t show. Step up to the plate and show some leadership or the Bengals are going to crater to the tune of 2 win seasons and 20,000 empty seats at home games.

Where's Pumpkin in all this?

How many family businesses face this same crossroads, where the not-quite-all-there old timer keeps trying to run the business like it's 1982 instead of 2011? And in most cases the younger folks step up and have a very straight-forward talk with grandpa. And they also take away his car keys.

So Pumpking and Troy just sit on their asses, saying, "good job daddy, you know best!"

For the love of God, someone at PBS, do something before the old man drives the franchise right into the crapper. That's morally, financially, won-loss, everything. It's a complete s**t show. Step up to the plate and show some leadership or the Bengals are going to crater to the tune of 2 win seasons and 20,000 empty seats at home games.

Nepotism at it's worst. As long as the Brown family has ownership and continues operations with their clueless cronies as they have, we're totally f**ked.

For the love of God, someone at PBS, do something before the old man drives the franchise right into the crapper.

Anybody have a Haynes manual for an '83 Lumina? I'm trying to figure out how to remove the master brake cylinder.

:lol:

Lets not forget about Dan LeFevour just watched some youtube vids on him, and who knows maybe he will be good in this league. Looks like he has a great arm, and he can use his legs to scramble and move out of the pocket. I think its time for the bengals to get this kid ready.

Hate to see Palmer leave, but its time to move on so i think you guys should watch some LeFevour vids and tell me what you think, who knows might be the next big thing LOL LOL. Oh just wishful thinking

Who's to say LeFevour can't be the next Jeff Blake?

Interesting to get other views on this. Tonight I heard from my Seattle connection and the word up there is that they'd be interested in the 2005 Carson Palmer but not the 2010 version. In fact they feel like they'd just as soon keep Hasselbeck over Palmer. However they don't want to see Palmer go to the 49ers either. They know the 49ers are a decent QB away from dominating that piss poor division. As you might imagine the talk shows were buzzing about this and ESPN's John Clayton has one of them as he lives in Seattle

Interesting to get other views on this. Tonight I heard from my Seattle connection and the word up there is that they'd be interested in the 2005 Carson Palmer but not the 2010 version. In fact they feel like they'd just as soon keep Hasselbeck over Palmer. However they don't want to see Palmer go to the 49ers either. They know the 49ers are a decent QB away from dominating that piss poor division. As you might imagine the talk shows were buzzing about this and ESPN's John Clayton has one of them as he lives in Seattle

Carson Palmer talk is rampant out here in Arizona as well. Understandable seeing what they're trying to work with at the QB position.

They took up a Washed up WR who hadn't played for 2-3 years...I think Pete would give carson a chance.

i hope carson retires, i hope potential draftees tell mike and marv do not draft me! i pray the fans hold their ground and do not financially support this team in any way shape of form. i really would love to see the people of cincinnati drive this team bankrupt and that mike brown has no choice but to take this p.o.s team to another state.

The Broncos got 2 firsts, a third, and Kyle Orton when they traded Cutler to the Bears.

Granted Cutler was 25 at the time and Carson is now 31, but a 2nd and 3rd ?? That's it ??

There are to many teams that actually need a QB to except that kind of deal.

When you look at the upcoming draft, I wouldn't bank on ANY of them starting in 2011.

Carson would have the 49er's in the playoffs in 2011 were he to be traded to them.

Try to get the 49er's first for the upcoming draft and ask nothing else.

Draft AJ Green at #4 and Cam Newton at #7. That would excite many fans.

I'm not saying that would be MY favorite way to go, but from a Mike Brown standpoint of wanting to get fans back in seats,

I could see that being looked at as moving in the right direction for some.

Carson Palmer talk is rampant out here in Arizona as well. Understandable seeing what they're trying to work with at the QB position.

Well don't leave it at that. What's the sentiment out there?

The national folks are sure clueless. This morning on ESPN's Mike and Mike, Herm Edwards was under the impression that Bengal fans were fed up with Carson Palmer and wouldn't care if he left. A half hour later, Mike Golic was saying how pleased the fans were with management and the direction of the team after 2009.

Do these guys know how out of it they sound? Bengal fans have never been pleased with management or how they're directing this team. The biggest Mike Brown supporters are indifferent to him as opposed to outright hatred. And Greenie keeps referring to Bengals President Mike Brown. Does he know that Mike Brown is also the owner? I'm not so sure

The majority would love to see him a Cardinal, but they're not willing to give much for him. Possibly a third at best.

The majority would love to see him a Cardinal, but they're not willing to give much for him. Possibly a third at best.

OK, so they don't really value him. He has five more years left and he's a top 15 QB in the league with the potential to get into the top ten. No way is that only worth a third rd

Both ML and Palmer have now publicly expressed their desire to leave the organization.

ML threatened to leave unless X, Y, and Z were changed. Only ML and SoP know what those changes are and, frankly, I’m baffled because I have seen or heard nothing significant since he was re-contracted. Something HAD to have changed or he wouldn’t have stayed. Correct? What changed? Anyone?

Palmer’s request came on the heels of the ML incident so I can only assume one of two things:

1. The demands granted to ML to get him to stay were not enough for Palmer

2. Palmer’s main gripe was with ML and since ML stayed Palmer wanted out

It leaves me wondering if any of this would be happening if the CBA train-wreck wasn’t just around the corner…

Thoughts?

OK, so they don't really value him. He has five more years left and he's a top 15 QB in the league with the potential to get into the top ten. No way is that only worth a third rd

Arizona spent a first on that one QB from USC and they are only willing to give a 3rd. LOL - Stick with Derrick Anderson..Cards. From what I have read - Fitzgerald is gonna go to the Pats anyway.

Nothing less than a high first or a low first and a 2nd for Palmer or let him retire.

3rd is ridiculous.

Both ML and Palmer have now publicly expressed their desire to leave the organization.

ML threatened to leave unless X, Y, and Z were changed. Only ML and SoP know what those changes are and, frankly, I’m baffled because I have seen or heard nothing significant since he was re-contracted. Something HAD to have changed or he wouldn’t have stayed. Correct? What changed? Anyone?

Palmer’s request came on the heels of the ML incident so I can only assume one of two things:

1. The demands granted to ML to get him to stay were not enough for Palmer

2. Palmer’s main gripe was with ML and since ML stayed Palmer wanted out

It leaves me wondering if any of this would be happening if the CBA train-wreck wasn’t just around the corner…

Thoughts?

Not sure anymore... I used to think that next week once the senior bowl is over, they would drop Brat and all the O coaches. But this seems to me like it's more indicitive of a long-term issue now. If Carson really is fed up with more than Brat or other O coaches, then it's probably over.

One thing to think about though...One of the issues MB listed with respect to the CBA was the idea that a new coordinator might not have a chance to install a system until two weeks prior to the season starting. This effectively makes that less of an issue because even if Brat is back, the QB will be new. Most of the advantages to not acting on a coordinator change will be gone next week anyway. Silence at that point will be deafening.