Carson Palmer Thread

NJ29

Well Mcnabb went for a 2nd & 4th where you know he was on his way out where the Eagles had other options.

Though he had better s eason the year he got traded...

49ers could make call on Carson Palmer

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 25, 2011, 9:18 AM EST

Cleveland Browns v Cincinnati Bengals

Bengals owner Mike Brown says he’s going to keep Carson Palmer, and there’s no reason to really doubt him. (When Mike Brown decides on something, he usually sticks with something.)

If Brown did change his mind, Mike Lombardi of NFL Network says that the 49ers are a team to watch. Lombardi believes the 49ers at least could make a phone call to Brown. The 49ers need a veteran quarterback, and members of their front office are represented by David Dunn, who is also Palmer’s agent and 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh’s agent.

We tend to give this report more credence than your normal speculation because Lombardi is close with Harbaugh and nearly wound up working for him in San Francisco.

The NFC West certainly looks like a possible landing spot for any quarterback on the move this offseason. San Francisco, Arizona, and Seattle should all be looking for signal callers.

I remain delighted by this turn of events, and wish Carson luck in either forcing change or getting out.

I agree. I am loving this.

I may not be loving it, but I'm sure not hating it.

FWIW I just got back from a long unconnected 4-day weekend. Had no idea any of this was going on until 6AM this Tuesday morning while watching a recording of the Senior Bowl practice. In an instant everything in my Bengal world switched from normal to whatever the hell this is.

First impression? This had to happen because nothing else was going to.

Second and third impressions? The Brat & Chad watches are on again.

Wow.

So question for everyone, If Carson decided to change his mind and come back would you welcome him back with open arm??? I mean can a guy say he dosnt want to be here, then change his mind, would you take him back and still want him to QB this team after all of this????? Im not sure how i feel yet, i mean he sure has regresed, but is that because of coaching or because he is really not as good as he once was?? I mean remember he is the one who threw into triple coverage, hes the one who threw pick 6.

Like i said im not sure yet, i still think if they can get a good draft pick, then its time to let him go and its time to rebuild this offense.

I think the best way for us Bengal fans to handle this at this point is to not worry about what the record will be next year. No, it's too early to deal with that; too many unsettled issues with the CBA and everything.

The way to handle it is to just sit back and think "Mike Brown has a problem. Let's watch him squirm and see how he deals with it."

So question for everyone, If Carson decided to change his mind and come back would you welcome him back with open arm???

I like Carson I really do,I'd be disappointed though that he caved because it's like the fans who keep feeling up the stadium and feeding mike brown more money...Why would he change if he's still reaping the rewards.

So question for everyone, If Carson decided to change his mind and come back would you welcome him back with open arm??? I mean can a guy say he dosnt want to be here, then change his mind, would you take him back and still want him to QB this team after all of this????? Im not sure how i feel yet, i mean he sure has regresed, but is that because of coaching or because he is really not as good as he once was?? I mean remember he is the one who threw into triple coverage, hes the one who threw pick 6.

Like i said im not sure yet, i still think if they can get a good draft pick, then its time to let him go and its time to rebuild this offense.

You raise a good question but yeah, I'm OK with him coming back. I never felt like he was going to embrace the community like Anthony Munoz has. All I want is for him to come back and quit throwing pick 6s

So question for everyone, If Carson decided to change his mind and come back would you welcome him back with open arm???

I like Carson I really do,I'd be disappointed though that he caved because it's like the fans who keep feeling up the stadium and feeding mike brown more money...Why would he change if he's still reaping the rewards.

On the other hand if Carson comes back having forced some significant change out of MB, wouldn't we all be singing his praises?

FWIW I just got back from a long unconnected 4-day weekend. Had no idea any of this was going on until 6AM this Tuesday morning while watching a recording of the Senior Bowl practice.

Welcome back. Hope the beers were cold and the boobies big. Here's the Cliff Notes version of what you missed:

saupload_nuclear_bomb_badger350.jpg

The national folks are sure clueless. This morning on ESPN's Mike and Mike, Herm Edwards was under the impression that Bengal fans were fed up with Carson Palmer and wouldn't care if he left. A half hour later, Mike Golic was saying how pleased the fans were with management and the direction of the team after 2009.

Do these guys know how out of it they sound? Bengal fans have never been pleased with management or how they're directing this team. The biggest Mike Brown supporters are indifferent to him as opposed to outright hatred. And Greenie keeps referring to Bengals President Mike Brown. Does he know that Mike Brown is also the owner? I'm not so sure

I heard all of that earlier too. The national guys are really out of touch with the true details. When I hear stuff like that it makes me wonder how accurate they are on other stories sometimes.

I had a friend that was on Kent State's campus the day of the shootings. All I remember him saying is that the local news in Akron/Cleveland portrayed things accurately while the national media did not. In this case I would like to hear from a guy like Tom Jackson or Merrill Hoge who actually live in the area.

Interesting to get other views on this. Tonight I heard from my Seattle connection and the word up there is that they'd be interested in the 2005 Carson Palmer but not the 2010 version. In fact they feel like they'd just as soon keep Hasselbeck over Palmer. However they don't want to see Palmer go to the 49ers either. They know the 49ers are a decent QB away from dominating that piss poor division. As you might imagine the talk shows were buzzing about this and ESPN's John Clayton has one of them as he lives in Seattle

Carson Palmer talk is rampant out here in Arizona as well. Understandable seeing what they're trying to work with at the QB position.

The other interesting angle is that we play San Fran and Arizona here and at Seattle next season. That would be so weird to see him in one of those uniforms playing here.

I remain delighted by this turn of events, and wish Carson luck in either forcing change or getting out.

I agree. I am loving this.

I may not be loving it, but I'm sure not hating it.

FWIW I just got back from a long unconnected 4-day weekend. Had no idea any of this was going on until 6AM this Tuesday morning while watching a recording of the Senior Bowl practice. In an instant everything in my Bengal world switched from normal to whatever the hell this is.

First impression? This had to happen because nothing else was going to.

Second and third impressions? The Brat & Chad watches are on again.

Wow.

I too still am wondering if they will get rid of Brat or anyother offense staff after the senior bowl.

I was starting to worry about you. Figured maybe this was the last straw and you'd finally gone on a binge that would make Hunter S. Thompson proud.

At long last, I have my Prometheus!

And like a hero straight out of central casting he now stands before me of golden hair, stubbled cheek, and impossibly clefted chin! Palmer! Prometheus! Palmer!

Our story so far...

In the Theogony, Hesiod/Marvin introduces Prometheus/Carson Palmer as a lowly challenger to Zeus/soP omniscience and omnipotence.

In the trick at River City, a sacrificial meal marking the "settling of accounts" between mortals and immortals, Prometheus/Palmer played a trick against soP/Zeus. He placed two sacrificial offerings before the Olympian: a selection of beef/Smashball hidden inside a fat covered Clockwork Orange passing game(nourishment hidden inside a displeasing exterior), and the shoe of clowns/ wrapped completely in "crap stats" (something inedible hidden inside a pleasing exterior).

soP/Zeus chose the latter, setting a precedent for future sacrifices; henceforth, humans/Bengal fans would keep the passing game circus for themselves and in return burn their franchises credibility as an offering to the gods. This shabby offering also angered soP/Zeus, who hid fire/running game from humans in retribution. Prometheus/Palmer in turn stole fire and gave it back to mankind, but his gift lasted for just one season. Predictably this further enraged soP/Zeus, who sent Pandora/Owens, the first woman, to live with men. She was fashioned by Hephaestus/Bratkowski out of clay and brought to life by the four winds/four WR set, with all the goddesses of Olympus/Ochocinco assembled to adorn her.

Prometheus/Palmer, in eternal punishment, is then chained to a rock in the Hinterland/Tri-State area, where his liver is eaten out daily by an eagle/Bratkowski, only to be regenerated by night, which, by legend, is due to his immortality. Years later, the Greek hero Heracles would shoot the eagle/Bratkowski and free Prometheus/Palmer from his chains.

And so ends our latest chapter of....."Carson Palmer's Hero Saga/Prometheus Exposed!"

Nothing left to do now but have a snack while we wait for Heracles to come.

Unfortunately for us, Heracles appears to be David Dunn in this legend.

But if Herc is the son of Zeus, doesn't that mean his counterpart is...Katie?

Maybe, maybe not. God(s) help us if she is. Thing is, Zeus had more kids than Wilt Chamberlain, so Katie could be any of 'em, right? I'm thinking one of the more useless ones.

'course, that does bring up an interesting possibility: is the reason that Mikey spends no money on scouts or doctors due to the fact that he has to fund a few thousand baby mamas giving birth to a horde of demi-SoPs?

Maybe, maybe not. God(s) help us if she is. Thing is, Zeus had more kids than Wilt Chamberlain, so Katie could be any of 'em, right? I'm thinking one of the more useless ones.

'course, that does bring up an interesting possibility: is the reason that Mikey spends no money on scouts or doctors due to the fact that he has to fund a few thousand baby mamas giving birth to a horde of demi-SoPs?

A recent family picture.

:excitedgroup:

Could this be like deja vu all over again? Boomer made a similar request after the resignation/firing of Sam Wyche in 1991. Boomer played one more year while the team selected David Klingler in the '92 draft. Boomer was traded to the Jets after the season.

/>http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Monday-notes-Research-Boomer-trade-Lewis-tweaks-Ocho-tweet-Scott-kin-can-do/5199f09b-1783-4a44-8087-b9e839420dd2

Could this be like deja vu all over again? Boomer made a similar request after the resignation/firing of Sam Wyche in 1991. Boomer played one more year while the team selected David Klingler in the '92 draft. Boomer was traded to the Jets after the season.

/>http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Monday-notes-Research-Boomer-trade-Lewis-tweaks-Ocho-tweet-Scott-kin-can-do/5199f09b-1783-4a44-8087-b9e839420dd2

I dont want a QB who dosnt want to play here, or who would not give 100%. Just trade him already, and get whatever draft picks you can, its time to start over :angry:

http://www.bengals.c...87-b9e839420dd2

I dont want a QB who dosnt want to play here, or who would not give 100%. Just trade him already, and get whatever draft picks you can, its time to start over :angry:

True, but to me that's not the root cause. There is obviously something dysfunctional going on and now the latest franchise QB is begging out. At that to the list that includes Spikes, Pickens and Dillon.

I'd really like to know what Carson's grievances are.

Of course. They're the Bastard Sons of Mike Brown. Like father, like son, eh?

http://www.bengals.c...87-b9e839420dd2

True, but to me that's not the root cause. There is obviously something dysfunctional going on and now the latest franchise QB is begging out. At that to the list that includes Spikes, Pickens and Dillon.

I'd really like to know what Carson's grievances are.

Of course but everything is a big secret so we will never know