Carson Palmer Thread

NJ29

The Eagles are preparing to tag Michale Vick as their franchise player, making Kevin Kolb available. Any interest in him? I'm not sure he is a long term solution here but he might be a viable option for next season.

/>http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2011/01/30/eagles-reportedly-to-tag-michael-vick-listen-to-offers-for-kevi/?ncid=txtlnkusspor00000002&xid=si_nfl

Hes young, so if they were to look at Kolb then i would hope they could sign him to a long term deal. He is not that bad of a QB never got much of a starting role, so i think he would embrace which ever team he plays for

Kaepernick ran the same offense in college that Jordan did and he's taken forever to work that sh*t out of him.

I think Kaepernick is rising simply based on his size and mobility. Put him under center and let him produce.

I'd just rather it be somewhere else. Just me...

Kolb ?? I guess there could be worse.

Carson ?? I'm looking forward to hearing how things go with the upcoming meeting. It would be nice to hear Carson himself make some comments and hear his true displeasure. I bet it's not very far off from what the fans that don't like him are asking for.

Collinsworth said that the rumor is his wife is pissed, because of the trash on their lawn (classless) and the booing during the Tampa game. Most of us know how our wives/girlfriends could drive us nuts and maybe he's trying to shut her up. I doubt that Mike will let him go. The best bet is to try and make him happy. Schefter says he still wants out even though they fired Bob. Regardless. It's a business, and with no other options at qb. Palmer will be held onto. Remember. Mike wouldn't take the Saints ENTIRE draft so he could draft the legendary Akili Smith. The Boomer trade did no work out. I think they'll hold onto Palmer.

The Eagles are preparing to tag Michael Vick as their franchise player, making Kevin Kolb available. Any interest in him? I'm not sure he is a long term solution here but he might be a viable option for next season.

http://nfl.fanhouse....0002&xid=si_nfl

Pass Rather spend our 2nd on Colin Kaepernick :>

Me too. Nice pic of him in stripes BTW!

Why the love for someone who never played a snap under center, in a gimmick offense, is beyond me.

All the hype machine hard at work. Good luck to him though.

I think its because he is very mobile, and he has a rocket arm. You can not compare Jordan Palmer and Colin Kapernick they are two different types of QBs. They were praising all week how great Kapernick was, and how much he was shooting up the draft boards. Right now he is a 2nd round to early 3rd round pick! Not sure what the difference is between Cam, and Colin are but if they were going to take one, i would rather them spend it on Kapernick. He would be much less money, and if he dosnt work out then you take another QB next year. I thought he did really good at senior week, best QB the north had.

The Eagles are preparing to tag Michael Vick as their franchise player, making Kevin Kolb available. Any interest in him? I'm not sure he is a long term solution here but he might be a viable option for next season.

googo MSPAINT!

Kaepernick ran the same offense in college that Jordan did and he's taken forever to work that sh*t out of him.

Well Jordan is a bum who could only stick on a team because of his brother and Ya I understand why wouldn't like the selection

Why the love for someone who never played a snap under center, in a gimmick offense, is beyond me.

Well its mainly homer :P I lived in Reno for 13 years and glad to see wolfpack finally has a player worth pimping...It's boom or bust and well I would preferred Locker I don't think he'll be available in 2nd and really does seem more risky :|

googo MSPAINT!

Well Jordan is a bum who could only stick on a team because of his brother and Ya I understand why wouldn't like the selection

Well its mainly homer :P I lived in Reno for 13 years and glad to see wolfpack finally has a player worth pimping...It's boom or bust and well I would preferred Locker I don't think he'll be available in 2nd and really does seem more risky :|

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Locker, im sorry but im not a fan of Locker. Only time the guy can seem to complete a pass is when he is on the run!!!!! He couldnt pass the ball at the senior bowl to save his life!!!!

AB, I've seen him play in a couple of games and I think he's a good player regardless of the offense he played in. He seems to have a good field awareness, good agility and a strong arm. Is he the answer here? Probably not but in the right situation he could be groomed and grown to be a starting NFL QB in a few years. And all of the big name guys don't interest me at all now that Luck went back to school. Let's put it this way, I think he's better than Jimmy Claussen was at the same point last year and he got a lot of playing time for Carolina. Keep in mind this kid was also the QB that beat Boise State in prime time in November. He just has that little bit extra that has caught my attention.

I've done some looking in on Kaepernick and while some of his numbers are good, his accuracy is lacking at less than 58% over his college career. Maybe that the players hes surrounded with, maybe not. I suppose if they get Carson to stay another year and want to go after him, there could be worse things that could happen.

Just saw on the 11:00 news that Kolb was mentioned and they wondered if the Bengals would be interested.

I have looked around and the trade value for Carson appears to be a 2nd. However, no one thinks the Bengals should take that. Prisco made a comment that if someone offered a 1st and 3rd, the Bengals should listen. Others also though that would be about right. Let the teams in need make their offers and if no one offers what the Bengals want, simply say NO.

No loss in listening. Hell, tell Carson's agent to be proactive in getting what they want and give them a reason to want to make it happen.

Colin had 65% his senior year locker never had above 58%

And if it weren't for his 65% in his senior season, his career percentage would have been far less, due to him having back to back seasons where he didn't complete even 55% of his throws. You can spin stats many different way and have already mentioned maybe his WR's weren't helping his cause, but accuracy is huge.

If he hadn't been tagged with having a "weak" arm, McElroy from Alabama would be the guy.

Proven winner and accurate as can be. Almost 71% his senior campaign.

He's not very mobile either

Locker ?? I'm now firmly in the camp of not wanting to even consider him no matter what round.

He's Ryan Leaf 2011... Talk about a dude who blew not leaving school early.

He went from being considered a top overall pick to being what ?? 3rd, maybe 2nd ??

I support Palmer and do think he's a solid QB. My stance has nothing to do with his play but more with his "want" to be in Cincinnati.

There it is.

I want Palmer back but only if he wants to come back. If he's adamant about leaving then you have to let him go. You simply can't build around a player who wants out.

IMHO firing Bratkowski changed almost nothing. They have to shop Palmer....even as they attempt to convince him to stay.

They have to shop Palmer....even as they attempt to convince him to stay.

Thank you. That's exactly it. Whether it happens behind the scenes or not, I think it has to happen.

I also think the Bengals are stupid if they don't look into it.

There are QB's out there that would be fine stop gaps if they choose to wait a year or two to grab a QB.

I just don't see the fanbase embracing that kind of wait.

Whether it's a good idea or not, IMHO Carson's only chance of being traded is if Mikey keels over dead in the next four or five months.

And I still say that the key to our 2011 season rides on the fate of a 1983 Lumina, and how effectively it can be converted into a fireball at highway speeds.

Question: How many does the Lumina seat? Follow up: Can Lippincott fit in the trunk?

Whether it's a good idea or not, IMHO Carson's only chance of being traded is if Mikey keels over dead in the next four or five months.

And I still say that the key to our 2011 season rides on the fate of a 1983 Lumina, and how effectively it can be converted into a fireball at highway speeds.

Question: How many does the Lumina seat? Follow up: Can Lippincott fit in the trunk?

It depends on if it has a bench seat in the front or bucket seats. As for Lippy, you need the special carrier attachment on the back bumper.

There are QB's out there that would be fine stop gaps if they choose to wait a year or two to grab a QB.

I just don't see the fanbase embracing that kind of wait.

I don't see the players embracing it either. If they "wait a year or two to grab a QB" they must also wait another year or two after that for him to develop, so that's basically 4 years. Do you think any decent Bengal who's contract will come up in that time will want to re-sign with a rebuilding team? Bye-bye JJoe, Leon Hall, Rivers, Maualuga will be up before then, Whitworth, damn near anybody decent (and i'm not including guys who will be out the door before next season or after it, like Benson, Ocho, TO, Odom, Geathers, Bobbie Williams, etc). You can also kiss goodbye to any potential free-agent acquisitions (good ones anyways) as they won't come to this trainwreck of a franchise, especially when they are in rebuilding mode.

They need to make Carson happy, that's the only way this team wins before 2020.

Retool, don't rebuild!