Official Bengals @ Jets Game Thread

HoosierCat

Let's go over how this will work itself out over the next 7 days:

Tonight: Sheer panic and anger

Monday-Tuesday: Blame coaching staff

Wednesday-Friday: Realize Bengals did not reveal any type of gameplan for upcoming playoff game. Remember team is playing at home. Confidence begins to come back.

Saturday: Full confidence that Bengals will crush Jets in front of loud home crowd.

:sure:

I wish i had your guys confindence, well maybe i will get mine back later in the week, but man right now this just sucks.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

U G L Y....we ain't got no alibi....

Wow what can you say at this point. This is a repeat of the 2005 season finale.

I thought we would play better. I can't believe we are playing vanilla everything here. Maybe the Jets shoot their wad tonite.

Hope we figure out a few things by next week or it'll be one and done.

Ok.....I have a Theory....Already deciding that they would rather play the Jets in the 1st Rd, marvin tries to play mind games with them. Lulling them into a false sense of security, by having his starters in there, yet telling them not to tackle anybody until the get at least 5 yds upfield, also any WR catching a pass will have to run Stadium Stairs all day Monday.

Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!

Dammit! You weren't supposed to post that! :angry:

U G L Y....we ain't got no alibi....

Wow what can you say at this point. This is a repeat of the 2005 season finale.

I thought we would play better. I can't believe we are playing vanilla everything here. Maybe the Jets shoot their wad tonite.

Hope we figure out a few things by next week or it'll be one and done.

In 2005 though they sat all the starters, they played all the starters (that were healthy) tonight.

Let's go over how this will work itself out over the next 7 days:

Tonight: Sheer panic and anger

Monday-Tuesday: Blame coaching staff

Wednesday-Friday: Realize Bengals did not reveal any type of gameplan for upcoming playoff game. Remember team is playing at home. Confidence begins to come back.

Saturday: Full confidence that Bengals will crush Jets in front of loud home crowd.

:sure:

Seconded. :sure:

Third Here

I'll go with that as well

Ok.....I have a Theory....Already deciding that they would rather play the Jets in the 1st Rd, marvin tries to play mind games with them. Lulling them into a false sense of security, by having his starters in there, yet telling them not to tackle anybody until the get at least 5 yds upfield, also any WR catching a pass will have to run Stadium Stairs all day Monday.

Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!

or does it work the other way. this lose places a huge amount of doubt in our team. that our team crumbles if the jets get a lead next week.

Peko and Crocker will make a huge difference.

Yup. Who've been the goats lately against the run? Sims and Nelson.

They both got hurt and are out.

Tonight, yes. The last few weeks it has been them. Now their backups, Harris, Smith, and Herbert, struggle even more as should be expected.

The only person that keeps mentioning something about a pro bowl safety is you, I'm just looking for an adequate backup. I hope you are not referring to Roy Williams as the pro bowl safety we signed, Roy is far removed from the pro bowl player that he once was. Teams were not beating down the door to sign that pro bowl safety we got, whom I wonder why.

And an adequate backup about sums up Nelson, right? You're a fool.

Maybe more of a journeyman backup with a lot of experience. Like a Kevin Kaesviharn.

:lmao:

I would've preferred Marvin White, but Nelson has made a play or two. I originally was pointing out how he was over-matched completely, and that Rivers was not attacking the LOS on some plays and giving up big gains as well. 9 tackles doesn't mean much in a 27-0 game, he's not making any plays a mid-1st round LB should be more often.

Any ways, the Eagles got spanked by the Cowboys in similar fashion, yet I'm not counting them out next week either.

Best we can hope for is one playoff win this year to end the loooong run, after that there's no way this team is going anywhere.

I'm guessing these guys will respond to this performance tonight, at PBS next week. Just get this one over with already.