Look who changed his mind

jjakq27

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happens if he shows up at training camp and pulls a TO the whole pre-season? What a D!CK.

I believe this is highly likely. Only when his "stage" is taken away will CJ begin to work again. I look for Sept 14 to be epiphany day when he sees the Bengals come out in a three tight end one receiver set and run the ball down Tennesee's throat!! :P

(ok, now I'm dreamin'!)

What happens if he shows up at training camp and pulls a TO the whole pre-season? What a D!CK.

First, they need to get the trainers to clear him. Then they need to tell him to get his ass out there and practice. Then if he doesn't, they give him the old "conduct detrimental to the team" thing.

The good thing is, he's a receiver. If he won't practice, they suspend him. If he decides to just half-ass his routes, put Marvin White on him with instructions to Seek and Destroy. And tell Carson to give Chad what he's always wanted - throw him the ball.

Kablooie!!!

Here's Yahoo's take on today's circus/non-circus, whatever.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ajh_...p&type=lgns

He's freaking dead to me, I don't give a sh!@ what he does this year numbers wise. He's Fredo. He's a piece of crap and I hope Marvin sits him on the bench sixty minutes per game for sixteen games, for the next however many freaking years he has left on his freaking contract. I hope he ends his career in Cincinnati and played his last game in 2007.

He's freaking dead to me, I don't give a sh!@ what he does this year numbers wise. He's Fredo. He's a piece of crap

And Chad -- CHAD -- did what today?

Showed up? Yep?

Ran around on the field? Yup. Not as much as we might want, but some.

Said anything to the media? Nope.

But he's dead to you?

OK. As you say...moving on...

(Hint: you thing maybe 1,000,000 media types stuck in 100 degree farenheit Cincy might be looking to stir some s**t so they can justify their expense accounts when they get back to HQ? Just askin...?)

He's freaking dead to me, I don't give a sh!@ what he does this year numbers wise. He's Fredo. He's a piece of crap

And Chad -- CHAD -- did what today?

Showed up? Yep?

Ran around on the field? Yup. Not as much as we might want, but some.

Said anything to the media? Nope.

But he's dead to you?

OK. As you say...moving on...

(Hint: you thing maybe 1,000,000 media types stuck in 100 degree farenheit Cincy might be looking to stir some s**t so they can justify their expense accounts when they get back to HQ? Just askin...?)

I'll be honest with you...I'm tired of giving HIM the benefit of the doubt and always blaming the media. That Yahoo story sounded just like Chad.

What did he do? Refused to practice. Refused to be part of the team. Came up with lame a$$ 'injuries'. "Oh, my back hurts. My ankle hurts." Gimme a break.

Did the media start out to make something out of nothing? Sure. They have a job. Love it or hate it, that's what they do. You know what HE could have done? Went out there, tore up the field, been the player he actually can be. You know what that would have done? Shut the media up and sent them out of town. Him playing and being a Bengal isn't interesting so the media leaves.

Naw, not Flava-Flav! He refused to freaking practice. Then, so he didn't get in trouble, he goes and catches a few passes, then decides for himself to take off his helmet and jersey and call it a day.

Very passive agressive approach by 85. Yes, he's dead to me. And, hey fans of Cincinnati, don't let my position bother you so much because, as I and you all well know, he couldn't care less about what I think...or you. Defend him, give him a chance, whatever. Stick your hand out there to help him, he'll just bite it off.

Did I hear that right?

Marvin: "When are you going to come give me some love?"

Chad: "There is no love, it's business."

Marvin: "Business is playing."

Chad: "It's scary, scary when you have someone great and they are playing pissed off."

So Chad is saying he does like Marvin but he is still going to play? Chad is a wacko.

Yawn.

Here to say again how thrilled I am that the Bengals went heavy in the draft at WR. It allows them to call the baby's bluff while simultaneously being in position to move on with out him.

On a related note, loving CP's excitement over Caldwell.

Did I hear that right?

Marvin: "When are you going to come give me some love?"

Chad: "There is no love, it's business."

Chad: "It's scary, scary when you have someone great and they are playing pissed off."

So Chad is saying he does like Marvin but he is still going to play? Chad is a wacko.

I reiterate all my previous comments on this thread. Piece of crap. Has no business in the NFL. Doesn't have the team mindset and never will.

Is Marvin so delusional that he thinks Chad Johnson's business is playing football? Chad's business is being Chad, ie getting as much attention as possible so as to build the Chad brand. Chad would rather run routes for a Degree commercial than actually play real football.

Hard to tell what our prom queen is talking about here. First inclination is to think he's talking about himself. But in light of his constant quest to play the victim, Chad might be whining to Marvin about Palmer. Either way, Marvin will respond in the right way - by completely ignoring the substance of anything Chad says.

Hard to tell what our prom queen is talking about here. First inclination is to think he's talking about himself. But in light of his constant quest to play the victim, Chad might be whining to Marvin about Palmer. Either way, Marvin will respond in the right way - by completely ignoring the substance of anything Chad says.

Ok...I'll beat the 85 apologists to the punch on this one. He COULD have been saying that it's scary FOR THE OTHER TEAMS when you have someone great and they are playing pissed off.

Ok, now that that's out of the way...ridiculous. He's going to try to make this season hell for everyone so they'll get rid of him or up his money. Piece of crap.

Ok...I'll beat the 85 apologists to the punch on this one. He COULD have been saying that it's scary FOR THE OTHER TEAMS when you have someone great and they are playing pissed off.

Ok, now that that's out of the way...ridiculous. He's going to try to make this season hell for everyone so they'll get rid of him or up his money. Piece of crap.

But....is he a piece of crap? JK, looks like Ocho Blinko has your goat currently.

Once again, trying to make sense out of what Chad is saying is folly -- even he has no idea what he's talking about. I, however, have "the gift" and I understand him completely. The above "scary" quote means as follows:

"I was pissed off, but now I am going to play for awhile. Sometimes I get scared, usually during a movie or after I turn out the lights. Do you ever get scared Marvin? My feet hurt. I wonder what time it is in Engaland. Tiger stripes are scarey."

you're all welcome.

But....is he a piece of crap? JK, looks like Ocho Blinko has your goat currently.

Once again, trying to make sense out of what Chad is saying is folly -- even he has no idea what he's talking about. I, however, have "the gift" and I understand him completely. The above "scary" quote means as follows:

"I was pissed off, but now I am going to play for awhile. Sometimes I get scared, usually during a movie or after I turn out the lights. Do you ever get scared Marvin? My feet hurt. I wonder what time it is in Engaland. Tiger stripes are scarey."

you're all welcome.

You have said it succinctly and very accurately. And that's the first time I have laughed out loud at anything regarding 85 since the Cleveland DawgPound incident. Thank you very kindly. :lol:

If you watch the Bengals minicamp on the Bengals site you can see Chad participating. AM I mistaken?

http://www.bengals.com/

And you know what? THAT'S what I hate about bengals.com and Hobson. His article made it sound like 85 was there ready to play and number one teammate of the year. I'm not sure how Hobson wrote that with a straight face, or how his computer typed it without blowing up.

Naw, not Flava-Flav! He refused to freaking practice. Then, so he didn't get in trouble, he goes and catches a few passes, then decides for himself to take off his helmet and jersey and call it a day.

Well, what did you expect? I mean, you've been calling him Fredo for weeks. That suggests to me that you weren't expecting him to show up with flowers and candy for everyone and make a big public apology for being an a$$. If Chad showed up at all, it was most likely that he would continue to be a pain on some level, right?

And that indeed is what we got. Me, I actually expected worse, maybe something like Deltha pulled a year ago with his "come-to-town-but-not-to-camp-and-bitch-to-the-media" bit, with Chad venting to all and sundry in between laps at a local high school.

I guess I'm just trying to look on the bright side. Chad did show, he's in meetings, he's running around at least a little bit on the field, and he isn't shooting off his mouth. That isn't what I would have liked to see by a longshot, but it's a whole hell of a lot better than I expected.

Well, what did you expect? I mean, you've been calling him Fredo for weeks. That suggests to me that you weren't expecting him to show up with flowers and candy for everyone and make a big public apology for being an a$$. If Chad showed up at all, it was most likely that he would continue to be a pain on some level, right?

And that indeed is what we got. Me, I actually expected worse, maybe something like Deltha pulled a year ago with his "come-to-town-but-not-to-camp-and-bitch-to-the-media" bit, with Chad venting to all and sundry in between laps at a local high school.

I guess I'm just trying to look on the bright side. Chad did show, he's in meetings, he's running around at least a little bit on the field, and he isn't shooting off his mouth. That isn't what I would have liked to see by a longshot, but it's a whole hell of a lot better than I expected.

And I absolutely see, and actually would love to embrace, your point. Here's my problem. Get in or get out. If he didn't show and announced his absolute intentions to never be a Bengal, whatever, the team could plan for that and move on. Conversely, show up, be a teammate and play hard, showing the Bengals they will be able to rely on him in 2008.

This stuff we get now, and especially yesterday, continues to string the team and the fanbase along. What WILL he actually do when the season starts? He may not be actively stirring the pot, but he's maintaining the holding pattern. How does the team begin to evaluate the receivers to set the depth chart? This is Plan A--with 85. This is Plan B--without him. That can't work.

We hear there are good young receivers that could develop into solid players. Ok, if they are working hard and having solid T.J., I'd rather Chad shoot his mouth off and storm out of PBS so Lewis can pencil a new depth chart and move forward.

Nope. 85 is content keeping the attention circulating, causing his teammates and coaches to remain frustrated at the media questions and the situation as a whole.

I know some of my previous rants were emotional and reactionary, but I actually have thought this out logically and have, at least to myself, a rational basis for my position.

And I absolutely see, and actually would love to embrace, your point. Here's my problem. Get in or get out. If he didn't show and announced his absolute intentions to never be a Bengal, whatever, the team could plan for that and move on. Conversely, show up, be a teammate and play hard, showing the Bengals they will be able to rely on him in 2008.

I'm with you on that. I wish he'd sh*t or get off the pot, too. But it seems clear he isn't going to do either anytime soon. I agree with those who theorize that he will conveniently have his ankle cleaned out just in time to shelve him for camp -- which of course he'll then show up to and just hang out on the sidelines. Chad and Drew have the losing hand here, but they seem determined to play it out.

My personal hope is that he gets the ankle procedure, then is slower to heal than expected, opening the door for the Bengals to PUP his a$$ at the start of the season...:lol:

My personal hope is that he gets the ankle procedure, then is slower to heal than expected, opening the door for the Bengals to PUP his a$$ at the start of the season...:lol:

Funny, I was thinking of that today. My version went something like this,

Marvin - "Chad, you gonna show me some love and run a nine flat hundred?"

Chad - "Can't quite make that, how 'bout ten point two?"

Marvin - "You're physically unable to perform, see you in about seven months."

Then right after that Jessica Alba sits on my face, I win a billion dollar lottery, and I never shoot anything over 68 the rest of my life.