Look who changed his mind

jjakq27

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to C. Trent Rosecrans, Chad arrived at practice this morning.

We're saved! Hopefully he'll put his gigantic intellect to work to help solve some of those front office failings he cited as his reasons for wanting a trade.

But showing up and not practicing? Isn't that the beginning of the circus?

Has to be... Would this be considered "no participation," therefore no money? Or does he earn 100% of his money just for being there in pads?

If this is his stance, the Bengals better hold theirs as well.

But showing up and not practicing? Isn't that the beginning of the circus?

Has to be... Would this be considered "no participation," therefore no money? Or does he earn 100% of his money just for being there in pads?

If this is his stance, the Bengals better hold theirs as well.

... unless he claims (wink wink, nudge nudge) that he doesn't 'feel 100%'.

If he isn't going to practice with the team and just stand there and watch, I would tell him to just go back inside and sit by himself. Shoot he is getting paid to be there, maybe they should give him a broom and tell him to go sweep, or maybe have him help the kitchen staff make lunch.

All I can say is this guy went from being a guy I liked, to a complete a-hole.

:excitedgroup::excitedgroup::banana::partyhat::band:

No, seriously, is the scene where the team, Marvin, the fans and the media all bow and praise the mighty Player for deciding to grace the team with his presence and hands this season? As far as I am concerned, I'll take him off of my 'Fredo' status, but he's going to have to show me a heck of a lot before I'll say his name again, and it is way too soon for me to 'let bygones be bygones' and embrace him.

Just know this; he's on double secret probation around here. He opens his trap once to the media; he dogs one play; he goes off on Palmer on the sideline--he's Fredo for good, with no chance for redemption as far as I'm concerned.

The recent talk of the player just watching and not participating in the practices today is quickly inching him back up my 'Fredo' scale. There better be a reason for this or his second chance, and his last chance, is quickly over.

BTW--I merged a new topic into this one. It's all here.

:excitedgroup::excitedgroup::banana::partyhat::band:

No, seriously, is the scene where the team, Marvin, the fans and the media all bow and praise the mighty Player for deciding to grace the team with his presence and hands this season? As far as I am concerned, I'll take him off of my 'Fredo' status, but he's going to have to show me a heck of a lot before I'll say his name again, and it is way too soon for me to 'let bygones be bygones' and embrace him.

Just know this; he's on double secret probation around here. He opens his trap once to the media; he dogs one play; he goes off on Palmer on the sideline--he's Fredo for good, with no chance for redemption as far as I'm concerned.

The recent talk of the player just watching and not participating in the practices today is quickly inching him back up my 'Fredo' scale. There better be a reason for this or his second chance, and his last chance, is quickly over.

BTW--I merged a new topic into this one. It's all here.

Marvin is quoted as saying its a good thing Chad didn't practice on the field because the young guys needed the work.

Has Marvin already written off Chad? Young guys will always need the work, especially our young draftees.

I wonder if at some point this summer, Marvin decides that no matter what Chad says or does, that he is second string or third string?

Forgive me, greg, but :rolleyes:

So Chad shows up, stands around and does nothing? Great, wonderful, terrific, hopefully he does this through next February.

This morning was a joke. 10,000 local and national media types show up for a freakin' three-day minicamp and stand around shooting footage of a guy doing...nothing. :lmao:

No fireworks, no quotes, no fights, in fact the only Chad-related news was him giving some advice to Simpson on how to better sell his routes. Wow, that Chad, what a d**k, eh?

Now, knowing Chad, that could all change five minutes from now, but geez, if this is as good as the "circus" gets, I want my money back.

So Chad shows up, stands around and does nothing? Great, wonderful, terrific, hopefully he does this through next February.

This morning was a joke. 10,000 local and national media types show up for a freakin' three-day minicamp and stand around shooting footage of a guy doing...nothing. :lmao:

No fireworks, no quotes, no fights, in fact the only Chad-related news was him giving some advice to Simpson on how to better sell his routes. Wow, that Chad, what a d**k, eh?

Now, knowing Chad, that could all change five minutes from now, but geez, if this is as good as the "circus" gets, I want my money back.

And that's why I said there had better be a reason. If it's Marvin's call because of younger players, or he's just sending a message, ok, that's a reason. LEGITIMATE injury, that's a reason. If this gets more in depth and it turns out the player is standing because he won't practice, or he's faking a problem, or he's half-a&&ing it when he does practice, that's a no excuse for me.

I've said he's zero tolerance with me and, I'll agree that without knowing the story, this whole thing is a non-story, but it has a lot of potential very quickly.

If this gets more in depth and it turns out the player is standing because he won't practice, or he's faking a problem, or he's half-a&&ing it when he does practice, that's a no excuse for me.

Excuse? Hell, I'm expecting that! If he sits sullenly on the bench all year it won't bother me a bit. If he eventually chooses to get off his a$$ and contribute, great, but I'm counting on that the same way I'm counting on my next lotto ticket to be a million dollar winner: not very much. I'll settle for pouty and invisible. Of course, even that may be too much to ask...

And that's why I said there had better be a reason. If it's Marvin's call because of younger players, or he's just sending a message, ok, that's a reason. LEGITIMATE injury, that's a reason. If this gets more in depth and it turns out the player is standing because he won't practice, or he's faking a problem, or he's half-a&&ing it when he does practice, that's a no excuse for me.

I've said he's zero tolerance with me and, I'll agree that without knowing the story, this whole thing is a non-story, but it has a lot of potential very quickly.

Well the obvious question is did he work with the team on treatment since the end of the season? If so then they should be able to answer the question of why he waited to treat it until the beginning of summer?

If they were in the dark about this injury, then I imagine they'll be wondering why Chad waited so long.

In the meantime, Drew Rosenhaus will put on a clinic on lying while sounding sincere. Lying while being aggrieved. Lying while knowing that everyone knows he's lying.

The ankle excuse is BS, I guarantee it. Hell, Chad was scheduled to play in a charity b-ball game in Sacremento tomorrow before he showed up here today. But the Bengals appear happy to let it pass. Chad shows up so he doesn't get fined and keeps his yap shut, the Bengals play along with the injury thing, minicamp wraps Saturday with no drama and everyone goes home happy. At least that's how I read it right now.

Chad's incentive to play well this season has nothing to do with what the Bengals do to him. It has everything to do with keeping himself in the running for a big contract next year...or the year afer...or the year after. There's no pressure at all on the Bengals to trade him if he plays poorly and less interest in him from other teams and, finally, less incentive to pay him a boatload of money if/when he becomes available.

Whether the ankle thing is BS or not (I have no problem believing it is) doesn't really interest me. Like most vets, Chad doesn't benefit that greatly from mini camp. He's here. He is, or should be, at least a little embarassed. That's enough for me for now. I don't think anything that happens this week will greatly affect whether he can catch the ball and score TDs this season.

The "event" of this non-event was him showing up. It doesn't really matter to me if he plays chess during practice. In fact, I'll even go one better than that...it doesn't matter to me if he gives interviews saying the Bengals stink. I very much expect some version of that -- if not now at training camp. But I see better than I hear and he's here after saying he wouldn't be and he will end up practicing as things move along, so who gives a great crap at this time what he says. I think even the general public agrees that he's full of s**t, so even they are beginning to care less. The sports media will eventually catch on that this is a garden variety whining player story and it will grind on in that vein until the season starts.

If the Bengals win it will go away. If the Bengals lose it will stay around in one form or another.

And I am good with all that. If we have some young, rookie talent show up that work hard and earn Fredo's spot, I don't give a crap what he does, although, and I don't remember who said it, I have a hard time envisioning him playing chess on the sidelines at practice. Checkers, perhaps.

Regardless, I think we are all seeing that his 'epiphany' from a week or so ago lasted as long as Hitler's promise not to invade Poland. He is inconsequential to me as long as he does not prevent willing and able players from doing their jobs. We as the fans, and I mean the fan base, not us in the Zone because we know better, need to admit and accept that the differences between Fredo and us are irreconcilable and all both sides are doing is tolerating the other. I don't care if he gets another 1,400 yards and his 6-8 touchdowns, I don't like the guy and don't need him here.