Look who changed his mind

jjakq27

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I was pissed off, but now I am going to play for awhile. Sometimes I get scared, usually during a movie or after I turn out the lights. Do you ever get scared Marvin? My feet hurt. I wonder what time it is in Engaland. Tiger stripes are scarey."

you're all welcome.

Post of the week!

The funny thing is, if he goes and catches a TD week one and gets his yards, most of the fans will forgive him. It's just Manny being Manny.

"I was pissed off, but now I am going to play for awhile. Sometimes I get scared, usually during a movie or after I turn out the lights. Do you ever get scared Marvin? My feet hurt. I wonder what time it is in Engaland. Tiger stripes are scarey."

you're all welcome.

Post of the week!

The funny thing is, if he goes and catches a TD week one and gets his yards, most of the fans will forgive him. It's just Manny being Manny.

EXACTLY! At the end of the day, its just sports. If you're winning, all the bad is forgoten.

you're all welcome.

Post of the week!

EXACTLY! At the end of the day, its just sports. If you're winning, all the bad is forgoten.

Collective amnesia it is, then.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/06/15/...-to-tv-reporte/

You've gotta admit that's pretty funny...

you're all welcome.

Post of the week!

...until "the bad" comes rushing back Week 3 when Chad starts running bad routes, 'gator-arming balls, and showing up his quarterback. Anybody with that short an attention span is an idiot - Chad *is* a d-bag, and he's not going to change. He's choked in every big game we've had since 2005.

you're all welcome.

Post of the week!

...until "the bad" comes rushing back Week 3 when Chad starts running bad routes, 'gator-arming balls, and showing up his quarterback. Anybody with that short an attention span is an idiot - Chad *is* a d-bag, and he's not going to change. He's choked in every big game we've had since 2005.

He's a d-bag that plays for the Bengals, don't forget that... Correction. THE BENGALS HAVE CHOKED IN EVERY BIG GAME WE'VE HAD SINCE 2005. THE BENGALS DEFENSE HAS CHOKED IN EVERY BIG GAME SINCE 2005. CARSON PALMER AND SHAYNE GRAHAM HAVE CHOKED TOO. You can't place the blame on one guy, this is a team sport. Collectively, the Bengals have been a BAD TEAM since 2005. My two pennies.

He's a d-bag that plays for the Bengals, don't forget that... Correction. THE BENGALS HAVE CHOKED IN EVERY BIG GAME WE'VE HAD SINCE 2005. THE BENGALS DEFENSE HAS CHOKED IN EVERY BIG GAME SINCE 2005. CARSON PALMER AND SHAYNE GRAHAM HAVE CHOKED TOO. You can't place the blame on one guy, this is a team sport. Collectively, the Bengals have been a BAD TEAM since 2005. My two pennies.

The defense hasn't choked, it just sucks. If anything, it's saved more than its share of games compared to it's overall ability - KK icing a few comes to mind immediately - so that doesn't fly. I haven't seen Carson actually choke in big games - choking isn't the same as failing. Choking is when you lose your head and start acting like a moron and caving to the pressure. Carson might lose, but it's not because he lost his head. He's been a winner wherever he's played.

Chad, on the other hand, starts screaming and acting like a jackass when things go wrong. He argues with his teammates, makes mental mistakes, and in general doesn't up his game when needed.

*That's* choking. And until he stops doing that, it'll be hard to win in Cincinnati when the so-called star of the team can't handle pressure.

Chad is a "Me First" prick and there is no arguing that. Now I will concede that said prick is a Bengal, but that means nothing to me. I will be hoping for the best for the Bengals and if a catch by Chad makes the difference, then I will cheer, but Chad is a grade "A" asswipe. After what he said about the fans of Cincinnati, I can't imagine anyone having anything but contempt for him. He took the love given to him by the fans and wiped his backside with it. So in return, allow me two simple words for Chad...

F*CK YOU !!!

WHODEY !!!

Chad is a "Me First" prick and there is no arguing that. Now I will concede that said prick is a Bengal, but that means nothing to me. I will be hoping for the best for the Bengals and if a catch by Chad makes the difference, then I will cheer, but Chad is a grade "A" asswipe. After what he said about the fans of Cincinnati, I can't imagine anyone having anything but contempt for him. He took the love given to him by the fans and wiped his backside with it. So in return, allow me two simple words for Chad...

F*CK YOU !!!

WHODEY !!!

preach it, brother. I'm still pushing for the removal of Fredo's 'grill' from our banner.

The defense hasn't choked, it just sucks. If anything, it's saved more than its share of games compared to it's overall ability - KK icing a few comes to mind immediately - so that doesn't fly. I haven't seen Carson actually choke in big games - choking isn't the same as failing. Choking is when you lose your head and start acting like a moron and caving to the pressure. Carson might lose, but it's not because he lost his head. He's been a winner wherever he's played.

Chad, on the other hand, starts screaming and acting like a jackass when things go wrong. He argues with his teammates, makes mental mistakes, and in general doesn't up his game when needed.

*That's* choking. And until he stops doing that, it'll be hard to win in Cincinnati when the so-called star of the team can't handle pressure.

Disagree... I think a choke is the opposite of coming through in the clutch, which Palmer, unfortunately, HASN't done. Graham has choked as well. Chad may be a d-bag, but you can't put the blame on one man who has been part of a bad team the last two seasons. I will agree that Chad has disappointed when in counted. Big drops and bad routes do happen, even to the best players.

When we lost Steiny, we lost our mojo.

Palmer has come through plenty in the clutch.......when he throws it to TJ. You can't always come through in the clutch when Chad is dropping every other pass.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, Palmer has made some huge plays. You can call them clutch if you like, but I'm talking about the game winning drives, when it really matters. We've yet to see Palmer give us a Brett Favre or Tom Brady or Peyton Manning - like drive to win the game.

All I'm saying is that it's not one mans fault for the Bengals choking since 2005. I'm not trying to knock Palmer or any other Bengal.

Disagree... I think a choke is the opposite of coming through in the clutch, which Palmer, unfortunately, HASN't done. Graham has choked as well. Chad may be a d-bag, but you can't put the blame on one man who has been part of a bad team the last two seasons. I will agree that Chad has disappointed when in counted. Big drops and bad routes do happen, even to the best players.

You're confusing failure with choking. No one succeeds 100% of the time. How you deal with problems determines what kind of a person you are. I've seen Carson make money plays time and again, and the same for Graham. I've seen neither of them start crying and screaming when the pressure's on Chad turns into a quivering pile of jello when the spotlight's on.

Big drops and bad routes do happen, sure. But it's amazing how they seem to only happen to Chad in big games.

By the way, Steinbach was here for the 2005 playoff game when Chad melted down.

+1 to Ickey, Carson had no problem hitting TJ last year.

You're confusing failure with choking. No one succeeds 100% of the time. How you deal with problems determines what kind of a person you are. I've seen Carson make money plays time and again, and the same for Graham. I've seen neither of them start crying and screaming when the pressure's on Chad turns into a quivering pile of jello when the spotlight's on.

Big drops and bad routes do happen, sure. But it's amazing how they seem to only happen to Chad in big games.

By the way, Steinbach was here for the 2005 playoff game when Chad melted down.

+1 to Ickey, Carson had no problem hitting TJ last year.

Don't get me started on this again. Why did Chad melt down? Chad loves Carson, you can't deny that. He had just lost his QB and freaked. Wouldn't you?

I know Steiny was here in '05. He wasn't in '06, hence we lost our mojo. Letting Steiny walk and giving Willie a bigger contract was the worst thing the Bengals have done in the last 10 years.

Don't get me started on this again. Why did Chad melt down? Chad loves Carson, you can't deny that. He had just lost his QB and freaked. Wouldn't you?

I know Steiny was here in '05. He wasn't in '06, hence we lost our mojo. Letting Steiny walk and giving Willie a bigger contract was the worst thing the Bengals have done in the last 10 years.

Why did Chad melt down? True, they lost their QB, but Chad melted down because he was not getting the ball enough (he thought)...he melted down because he is a selfish piece of immature trash.

Wouldn't I (melt down)? No, in fact it is EXACTLY those moments that define you as a professional...a good one who can rise above, placing selfish "me-first" explosions of immaturity aside and doing whatever it takes to win, like being the decoy, or blocking on running plays or making the clutch catch from Kitna, etc.....or a bad one, as is the continuing case with "Mr. 85 Comes First".

How you continue to rationalize the behavior of Chad is preposterous. Passing off his immaturity, lack of self-control and "me-first" atttidue as if it is all fine and dandy because it shows his passion and desire to win is illogical.

No one else is buying his act. Why do you?

Why did Chad melt down? True, they lost their QB, but Chad melted down because he was not getting the ball enough (he thought)...he melted down because he is a selfish piece of immature trash.

Wouldn't I (melt down)? No, in fact it is EXACTLY those moments that define you as a professional...a good one who can rise above, placing selfish "me-first" explosions of immaturity aside and doing whatever it takes to win, like being the decoy, or blocking on running plays or making the clutch catch from Kitna, etc.....or a bad on, as is the continuing case with "Mr. 85 Comes First".

How you continue to rationalize the behavior of Chad is preposterous. Passing off his immaturity, lack of self-control and "me-first" atttidue as if it is all fine and dandy because it shows his passion and desire to win is illogical.

Interpret (can't spell) however you like. I don't see it that way.. I see Chad as an emotional player who was devestated by the fact that his QB had just blew out his knee and doubted the backup in Mr 8-8 John Kitna. Chad knew, as well as I, and many others that when Palmer went down we had absolutely ZERO chance of winning that ball game... Yes he should've came out and gave it his all but like I said, he was devastated.

I will agree with you that as of late, Chad's act has gone a bit bizarre. I don't think his attitude is me first on the field though. Maybe when it comes to money like us all, but when chad is out there on the field, you can't knock his hustle.

Wouldn't I (melt down)? No, in fact it is EXACTLY those moments that define you as a professional...a good one who can rise above, placing selfish "me-first" explosions of immaturity aside and doing whatever it takes to win, like being the decoy, or blocking on running plays or making the clutch catch from Kitna, etc.....or a bad on, as is the continuing case with "Mr. 85 Comes First".

Interpret (can't spell) however you like. I don't see it that way.. I see Chad as an emotional player who was devestated by the fact that his QB had just blew out his knee and doubted the backup in Mr 8-8 John Kitna. Chad knew, as well as I, and many others that when Palmer went down we had absolutely ZERO chance of winning that ball game... Yes he should've came out and gave it his all but like I said, he was devastated.

I will agree with you that as of late, Chad's act has gone a bit bizarre. I don't think his attitude is me first on the field though. Maybe when it comes to money like us all, but when chad is out there on the field, you can't knock his hustle.

Pathetic.

If that whole 05' playoff game incident had happened in any other sport or at any other level or in any other town but Cincy, he would not have seen the field in the second half.

Had this been a high-school kid who went off like that, like a 16 yr old kid, most would still call bulls**t and make the kid sit. On one level, I blame ML for letting it pass. But the fault lies with 85, noone else.

Continuing to make excuses for CJ about his emotional devastation is truly what is "bizarre" here. Emotional devestation?????? get real. Bottom line: Daddy didn't love him and he had not gotten the ball enough (1 drop, 2 catches). What CJ thought of Kitna is just a weak front for pathetic and truly unprofessional behavior.

Pathetic.

If that whole 05' playoff game incident had happened in any other sport or at any other level or in any other town but Cincy, he would not have seen the field in the second half.

Had this been a high-school kid who went off like that, like a 16 yr old kid, most would still call bulls**t and make the kid sit. On one level, I blame ML for letting it pass. But the fault lies with 85, noone else.

Continuing to make excuses for CJ about his emotional devastation is truly what is "bizarre" here. Emotional devestation?????? get real. Bottom line: Daddy didn't love him and he had not gotten the ball enough (1 drop, 2 catches). What CJ thought of Kitna is just a weak front for pathetic and truly unprofessional behavior.

From our perspective; my assumption is just as good as yours. Neither of us were there so lets just agree to disagree... I can garuntee you'll like Chad when he scores TD's.

Would I start freaking out, go apes**t, start screaming at people, and turn halftime into a total disaster that took them out of the game that they were still leading? Hell no I wouldn't. Tough times are what separate the men from the boys. I'd act like a team leader, *calm people down*, realize we can still win it, man up, and go play.

Like any professional should do. At least the ones that aren't chokers.

Would I start freaking out, go apes**t, start screaming at people, and turn halftime into a total disaster that took them out of the game that they were still leading? Hell no I wouldn't. Tough times are what separate the men from the boys. I'd act like a team leader, *calm people down*, realize we can still win it, man up, and go play.

Like any professional should do. At least the ones that aren't chokers.

Two words: JOHN KITNA. Another two words: BALL GAME.