Summer chatter leading up to training camp 2023

membengal

For whatever may come up - hopefully very little since no news is usually good news for the next five weeks...(other than if an extension or two get done...)

Details for camp can be found here -

Looks like the team reports around July 25 and on the field starting July 26. First padded practice won't be until the second week per CBA. 

• Like 1

So I see Mixon pay cut stories are circulating again, apparently based on some speculation by Dehner that they are going to cut him if he doesn’t take a haircut. Considering that it’s June 19 and camp starts in just over a month, I am skeptical to say the least. If they were going to press this issue I think they would have done it months ago, not in the run up to preseason.

Whether they should have is ground that’s been throughly plowed. At this point I don’t see any reason to think Joe won’t be in stripes, at his current (ludicrous) salary come September.

Its a part of a "bold" prediction dealing with an incredible chain of events if it were to occur as stated.   Burrow signs.  With in a week,  Wilson, Higgins, and Mixon all do extensions or in Mixon's case restructure.      Then the added part well IF Mixon doesn't agree the Bengals COULD release him.

Play along:  IF this chain of events were to occur, then these players are deep into contract talks already and the numbers are in ball park range.  So Bengals already know how agreeable Mixon will be and I'm guessing under this "bold" prediction he is.   Otherwise they would have been silent on his role with the team and probably moved on already.

Under this circumstance Mixon probably would be agreeable to secure his spot next year with this team.   

If all this would occur it would and should set the NFL world on fire.    

Well, that’s terrible.

Former Arkansas quarterback Ryan Mallett, who went on to have a seven-year career in the NFL, died Tuesday in an apparent drowning at a Florida beach, according to the Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office. He was 35.

I remember wanting Mallet back in 2011. Of course they took Andy in the second and Mallet went to NE in the third.

RIP. Condolences to his family and friends. Way too soon, obviously.

From McNicholas high school (Cincinnati), to the University of Cincinnati, to the Cincinnati Bengals.

How cool of a career he has had punting and playing football.  Too bad he didn't get a Super Bowl ring on his way out.

Good luck to Huber in his future dealings !!!

• Like 3

2009 Bengals Hard Knocks is on Tubi, fyi.    1st episode Reggie Kelly and then Utech are lost for the year out of the TE group.      That was a fun season up until the playoffs.   Of course its Bengals related but a great Hard Knocks as well.   Child Please.  Fat Andre Smith,Fat Jermi Johnson, Fat Lippincott.  Oklahoma drill.     Miss the days of Georgetown training camp, but still like it better in the shadow of PBS/Paycor.

I can't remember the other year the Bengals were on hard knocks but didn't see it out there.  Was it Dalton's rookie year?

1st Hard Knocks with the Ravens coming off Superbowl was a great one too.   But now a days its just an old concept that probably doesn't carry much interest outside the fan base.   New York with Rodgers and some up and coming stars will generate discussion but I doubt I'll watch much of it, if any.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2023 at 12:02 PM, HoosierCat said:

Franchise tag deadline coming up next Monday. Up in NY Sarquon Barkley is threatening a holdout.

https://www.threads.net/t/Cumrlghgr23/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

Raiders rb josh jacobs too.

https://www.threads.net/t/CupwJ87yyTL/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

meanwhile joe mixon sitting pretty on $10 million this year.