Wild Card Weekend: Ravens @ Bengals 2 Electric Boogaloo

HoosierCat

1 hour ago, membengal said:

Pretty damn sure he knows they won't army - this is a new day in the front office -ok to let go of the past. You don't say what he said if that's a concern of his. Now starting to really wonder if he will really work hard with them to structure the contract to make it easier to keep Tee, Logan, and Chase, for instance.  That quote kinda opened the door to think that is something on his mind...

Call it Bengals PTSD…

I don’t honestly think they will Jack it up, but this is just different from the days of players asking to be traded and bitching about Gatorade. New day for sure !!

12 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I think Brendan Stahley just got fired.  How do you take the most talented team in football (on paper) into Jax and build up a 27-0 lead have a +5 turnover diff and lose.....

Any given Sunday (or Saturday, in this case). Cliche, I know, but it’s not like you don’t see upsets every single week, otherwise the bookies would all be broke.

I would not want to be on that looooong ass flight back to LA tonight.

Just a thought that occurred to me after reading this on cbs sports:

After he began the game 5 of 18 for 35 yards and four interceptions, Lawrence completed 23 of 29 passes for 253 yards and four touchdowns, each to different receivers.

Why did that sound familiar? Oh. Shit. Right. 2004 and a Bengals team down 20-3 in Baltimore with a bit over a minute left in the third and Carson Palmer walking off the field after a failed run on third down. Then Baltimore muffs the punt, Bengals recover, and Palmer turns into Superman right in front of everyone’s eyes. It’s rare you get to see the moment when the light come on for a QB so dramatically, and we just might have seen that again tonight for Lawrence.

7 hours ago, Wraith said:

Yeah purely selfishly, I thought LAC had a better shot to beat KC than the Jags but I have family in Jacksonville so I am happy for them.

Jax will get stomped in KC IMHO

Jax has a better offense than the chargers and KC a suspect defense. Jax also has the way better coach than the chargers did. Again, Mike Williams gone for chargers because staley got him hurt in a meaningless game last week. Better chance at upset is with Jags.

Tonight’s game - our O line coach hopefully watched a thousand hours of film, because that second half last week was an absolute horror show.  

0 for 9 on our last 9 third down attempts.  Roquan Smith absolutely has to be dealt with somehow.  I wouldn’t be surprised to see a lot more Perine and a lot less Mixon.  Smith needs attention and Perine is the answer, I think.  

I’m actually very worried about this game.  Of some comfort to me as I swoon on my fainting couch, is that the Ravens little points outburst last week was an aberration.  Before that their offense was abysmal.  Hopefully they return to form.  

Health update as I contemplate this game - I’ve got the vapors.  

Last weeks 2nd half was already discussed by players and coaches as being vanilla due to their lead and knowing they were going to face them again in the playoffs. I suspect since this team is currently so much different than the one the Ravens beat in week 5, they simply didn’t want to put that much more on film for the Ravens to expect during the game. I expect a solid game plan to deal with what the Ravens do and how we are going to put points on the board.

It might be closer but the Bengals should win tonight. The stadium is going to be crazy loud !!!

11 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

Just a thought that occurred to me after reading this on cbs sports:

Why did that sound familiar? Oh. Shit. Right. 2004 and a Bengals team down 20-3 in Baltimore with a bit over a minute left in the third and Carson Palmer walking off the field after a failed run on third down. Then Baltimore muffs the punt, Bengals recover, and Palmer turns into Superman right in front of everyone’s eyes. It’s rare you get to see the moment when the light come on for a QB so dramatically, and we just might have seen that again tonight for Lawrence.

I was there.   It was almost a year removed from when Marvin marched a Kitna led team into Baltimore tied for first in his first year as coach (was at that game too.)   The beat down in 2003 was bad, fans were rude.

So.... Bengals hopelessly down again.  Fans rude.   I almost walked out after that 3rd down.   Trying to avoid the snow balls, insults, threats of life you know your typical Baltimore crowd behavior.    Then they fumbled that punt.    Palmer was like a NBA Jam video game when a player got into the zone.   Darts everywhere.    One of my favorite games.    I used to have the local broadcast with post game on VHS, the shock of what happened was priceless.

• Thanks 1

Ahhhh, the days of Carson, Chad, TJ and Rudi.  Good times, great comeback win !!
At the end you see Marvin, after his team pulling out a big win, have next to no emotion.  Just that stupid ass grin of his.
It's another thing I love about Zac.  He's full of emotion on the field and gets pumped up and celebrates when the team does well.

For your viewing pleasure...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3OUeiyCAJA

• Thanks 1

Pretty shocking turnaround in the 2nd quarter - 20-17 Bills at the half. 

Now more convinced than ever if we can get by a nasty game today with the W and healthy we can take Buffalo next week up there.