Wild Card Weekend: Ravens @ Bengals 2 Electric Boogaloo

HoosierCat

Can the mighty duo of Hakeem Adenji and Max Scharping hold down the right side of the line? Can Burrow put just a little more touch on his throws? Can his receivers catch balls that hit them in the hands? Can Joe Mixon earn just a few of the absurd dollars he’s being paid? Will the refs EVER call holding on Hendrickson? These questions and many more will be answered soon! Who Dey!

Gonna just go ahead and drop this here and let us bask in how accurate it is...

Paul Dehner Jr.
@pauldehnerjr
Burrow on the idea of this being a Super Bowl window: “The window is my whole career … The window is always open.”

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Stripes said:

We know nothing about Scharping other than that he is NOT a 2021 Bengal offensive lineman.

So I am optimistic.

IIRC Army, who has some insight into the Texans because his kid is a fan, was unimpressed by the signing and said Scharping stunk. PFF rated him at 59.9 last year, versus Cappa who was at 68 this year. So it looks like a downgrade but not a massive falloff. But yeah, we will see.

1 hour ago, membengal said:

jesus, TJ, stop always being such a ***damn eeyore. Of course it will get harder, but Burrow is right, as long as we have him, our window is open. What the actual fuck, man. 

"I yam what I yam what I yam" - Popeye the sailor man

oh, also, Mem?  whats the mood and word up in the land of crabcakes?  Is it "we rested our starters, so this loss was nothing" or "shit, we have to play them again?  jesus god nooooOOOO!!!!" or something inbetween?

also I think you should send us all a mail order from Faidleys if we win.  Just cuz :-)

Nugget from Hobs’ latest:

Cappa had his ankle rolled in the pocket late in the third quarter and the talk around his locker was he was out for the rest of the playoffs.

Bummer. Doesn’t sound like a long term issue tho, so that’s good.

Dropping this prediction for the hell of it to see how wrong I am about league priorities:

[no idea how to get rid of my own copy/paste highlight on mobile]

Saturday at 4 — LAC @ JAX
Saturday at 8 — NYG @ MIN
Sunday at 1 — MIA @ BUF
Sunday at 4 — BAL @ CIN
Sunday at 8 — GB @ SF
Monday — DAL @ TB

If the Packers lose, put SEA in their place and swap the Sat/Sun night games.