Bubble? BUBBLE?

membengal

• 2 weeks later...

Mo money, mo money, mo money: Nashville approves $760 million in borrowing for new Titans sports palace. State is putting up $500 million more. Titans/NFL kicking in $840 million. Total cost estimated at $2.1 billion.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/36294295/titans-get-760m-city-bonds-part-record-stadium-funding

Most guys that are 6’5 and 325 pounds take longer than average to come back from an ACL. Considering he injured his ACL on Christmas Eve, color me skeptical of seeing him in the lineup before the midpoint. If he does, I would be very happy. I don’t have the issue some may with Collins. He’s just hurt.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Nothing says "upgrades" like increasing the likelihood of intoxicated fans.
I do like the graphics though and think more should be done in that regard.

Maybe they do this, maybe they don't, but I would like to see them put a package together that if you buy either season tickets or the multigame packages of tickets, you could get some kind of advanced ticket option for future concert events at Paul Brown Stadium.  If they do this already, then disregard.

I wasn't aware that you couldn't simply get on a waitlist for club level season tickets.  You have to have season tickets typically starting in the uppers.  After a few years, upgrade to the endzone, after a few years, upgrade to the sidelines in the lower bowl, after a few more years, maybe you get a chance at club level seats, maybe not.  So "maybe" in 10 years you get the chance at those tickets.  I just didn't know that's how they did that. 

The overall stadium branding has improved ten-fold the past few years.   Very nice. 

I do believe season ticket holders get advance buying opportunities on non-Bengal events.  I can remember some offers from the past.   I'm not sure that would include every concert coming. 

• 4 weeks later...

More money for Joe: Donato’s named Bengals’ official pizza.

https://www.franchising.com/news/20230817_donatos_named_official_pizza_of_the_cincinnati_bengals.html

Donatos Pizza, the fast-casual pizza franchise famous for its Edge to Edge® toppings – has partnered with the Cincinnati Bengals and is now recognized as the Official Pizza of the Cincinnati Bengals. This football season, the premium pizzas will be served to Who Dey Nation throughout 12 concession stands as well as club and suite locations at Paycor Stadium. Donatos Pizza will also be available at Pregame at The Banks located on Freedom Way, between Race Street and Joe Nuxhall Way.

• 3 weeks later...

Do you need a house? Well, Fischer Homes is now the official homebuilder of the Cincinnati Bengals.

Maybe they can give Joe a house or three in lieu of some signing bonus money?

But wait! There's more! Because you can never have too many ways to get sh*tfaced drunk at an NFL game, Kickstand Cocktails has partnered with the Bengals to...well, see aforementioned "sh*tfaced." Choose between four flavors of "spicy vodka canned cocktail": Roasted Jalapeno Cucumber (mild), Charred Pineapple Poblano (medium), Smashed Raspberry Serrano (medium) and Torched Peach Chipotle (hot). 

I think I'd rather have bleach on the rocks, but hey, kids today, get off my lawn, where's the onion for my belt, etc.

Anyhow, mo' money for Joe!

Seemingly I am aging at an accelerated rate these days despite having teenagers in the house.
For every year that goes by, I feel I am aging five.

I pretty much hate everyone and everything I see in the world today.
Totally counterproductive to doing things which would lead to a happy life.
Pretty much "Get off my lawn" x10...

This week marks the true full on football season, so things are looking up:
Sunday: Pro Football all day and night
Monday: Monday Night Football
Tuesday: Watch highlights / fantasy football
Wednesday: Watch more highlights / fantasy football
Thursday: Thursday Night Football
Friday: High School Football
Saturday: College Football all day and night

Just reading that reduces the "Get off my lawn" effect by half.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Another in the continuing series on the future of Paycor as the 2026 lease expiration gets closer.

https://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/i-team/bengals-playing-for-more-than-just-a-win-when-a-team-does-well-its-easier-to-get-public-funding

I am going to bet that at the end of the day, the "build a new facility" option is going to win.