O-line Watch 2022

ArmyBengal

22 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

I took a look at Cappa. 

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/alex-cappa/66578  (score: 74)

https://www.buccaneers.com/news/bucs-2022-guard-alex-cappa-free-agent-focus

Although he wasnt on my dream list, he's young, durable, well above average but not a superstar, and his experience is specifically at ORG

Damn near perfect set of traits I want in an OL

F U C K I N G   O U T S T A N D I N G

The only thing I dont know is whether he fits our scheme, the wide zone thing

Mem? Joisey? Wraith? anyone other than Amphar?

He may not be ideal for wide zone, but for all we know they are gonna do more gap scheme runs. He's such a massive upgrade at RG regardless that is picking nits. He absolutely fits the profile of still ascending - even though 27 he came to the NFL as a T out of Humboldt State so had to master a massive jump in competition and a position change and was still highly rated. And his best years are probably ahead of him. It's a great deal for a really good target a position of need. Just pure win. 

14 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

Young improving player with a reputation for toughness? Not much to hate on there. As for system, right now our system appears to be “get the QB killed” so it’s a low bar to clear. Yeah, still need OT and aging vet a la Reiff last year wouldn’t surprise me. Plenty of time to do that.

I just want to see a signed contract Wednesday. I have no doubt this news came from the agent camp and is a signal flare to any other team that was interested.

that's not how legal tampering works. That it came with contract details means it is agreed to. He can't sign until Wednesday but I don't recall ever seeing contract details come out in legal tampering and then the player walks away. They have an agreement. You can relax. 

Just now, TJJackson said:

Mem, I get that it that this is a great signing (err, agreement to terms?)

after all, I did say, and I quote:  F U C K I N G   O U S T A N D I N G

:-)

all I am asking is what scheme was he in?  I was unable to find this info on my own search

More gap than wide zone. I thought I addressed that in my answer. 

2 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

I think the Shaun Rogers trade, not trade was the best all time burn and the Bengals have had several.   

With process the way it is today, I think this one is good to go. 

I think it’s more likely than not, but the fact this leaked literally at the first possible second of the tampering period is a strong (to put it mildly) indication of an agent playing games. We’ll see if it holds up.

6 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

I think it’s more likely than not, but the fact this leaked literally at the first possible second of the tampering period is a strong (to put it mildly) indication of an agent playing games. We’ll see if it holds up.

SEEK HELP

Goodberry
@JoeGoodberry
·
5m
Ted Karras will be 29 years old. He's experienced at all three IOL spots with most snaps coming at C.
We had him as a Tier 3 free agent.
Very efficient blocker. Said to be extremely intelligent.
Goodberry

@JoeGoodberry
Karras as played about 1,000 snaps per year between Miami and New England the last 3 seasons.
Last year, he played mostly LG for the Pats.
Two years before that was mostly C.
In 469 pass block snaps in 2020, he was charged by PFF for just 13 pressures and 3 sacks (LG).

Goodberry
@JoeGoodberry
·
1m
PFF had Karras as the 12 highest graded Guard of 54. His pass blocking grade was 6th highest. His 98.2% pass block efficiency was also 6th highest for guards. His 98.5% in True Pass Sets would rank him as the 4th best guard.