SUPER BOWL LVI: Bengals vs. Rams

HoosierCat

To be fair we were very much 2nd best in this game. Truly gutting to lose in such "Bungles" fashion, but we let kupp run riot, no pressure on Stafford in the 2nd half after he got hurt. We've been saying it for 2 years now, if we had even an average o line we'd be truly competitive, that has to be the one and only priority this off season. 

And don't put eli apple on Kupp in the endzone ffs!!

Just now, volcom69 said:

If you are going to run then why not Mixon, why Perine, I like Perine but that was it your season put your best guys out there.

Absolutely, perine is nowhere near as good as mixon, so what makes them think he's better just cos its 3rd down. Id rather it had been evans

Had to take some time to process that one.

However, despite the loss, this was a fun year and this team is built to get back again. 2021 was not a fluke and we all know it.

I could complain about a myriad of things but that’s not going to help or solve anything. Take a break, reset and get after improving what we know is the biggest weakness of this roster.

Thank you Zac Taylor, thanks to the coaching staff and thanks to the players for a truly enjoyable season. Yes Mem, proud of these guys !!

2022 is our year !!

• Like 3

Literally nothing behind Reiff and a cast-off in Spain, playing in the SB, it finally caught up to them.  

My disappointment is tempered by the fact I expect them to challenge for another SB next season if they play their cards right in the off-season. 

No idea how they made it this far, but I'm going to, for now, hold onto the fact they'll be back, as long as they can find a competent o-line and new position coaches if needed.

• Like 1

Bengals had it… and then the magic faded.  What a totally undeniable underdog run at greatness.  I’m proud of the players, coaches and  ownership. We’ll never forget this team.  They won when no one really thought they could and almost pulled off a miracle.  Wouldn’t run it right at Aaron Donald with Samaje though.  Anything but that on 3 and 1.   

• Like 2

defensively, cut Waynes and use that money on Bates. Upgrade From Apple. Re-sign Ogun if you can but realistically Bates + CB upgrade might be all you can afford on that side of the ball. 

on offense, oline. Duh. We knew this. FAs and draft picks.

teams, new punter time.

coaching, please find an OC. Play calling must improve.

• Like 3

Glad to see some positivity and hope in here, because that’s how I feel.  Some Super Bowls are lost by teams giving it one last shot with an aging roster, some ring chasing vets, and a cap situation that says win or lose, it’s all getting torn down.  

We’re the opposite of that.  The future is bright.  

Play calling at the end was baffling, though I think it was shaped by an inability to block anyone.  Like he was grasping for plays, thinking what play can we actually run that we might be able to execute.  

Eh, no complaints, but this is a MAJOR heart breaker.  Thought we had it before, middle and even late.  But no. 

Our headliners showed up and our weaknesses did to. 

Its heart breaking because the reality is it’s damn hard to get back and they were so damn close.   But….next year! 

3 hours ago, COB said:

Glad to see some positivity and hope in here, because that’s how I feel.  Some Super Bowls are lost by teams giving it one last shot with an aging roster, some ring chasing vets, and a cap situation that says win or lose, it’s all getting torn down.  

We’re the opposite of that.  The future is bright.  

Play calling at the end was baffling, though I think it was shaped by an inability to block anyone.  Like he was grasping for plays, thinking what play can we actually run that we might be able to execute.  

I strongly agree, they simply had no answers for the Rams dline late.  I felt all season (especially since Reiff's injury) that the oline was going to cost us big and it almost happened against Tenn.

Ultimately, they were an online away from a Superbowl championship......pretty clear where that 70 million needs to go.