SUPER BOWL LVI: Bengals vs. Rams

HoosierCat

6 minutes ago, Stripes said:

The team's sense of calm is infectious. I am calm myself. There's a job to do and it's going to get done.

Yup. Them walking off from their final practice yesterday - something about that shot gave me a sense of calm that lingers. And then they fucking killed the pressers. Tee calling it the best two weeks of practice this year and ZT agreeing. They feel ready.

So...Paul Daugherty did something meaningful, of all people. Dug deep and found a fastball that I didn't think he still had. Follow the link and hit play on the tweet - I promise it is worth it...

https://twitter.com/Enquirer/status/1492840938254778370?s=20&t=kmOOZihBemiZ5FcQ090CKg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, membengal said:

So...Paul Daugherty did something meaningful, of all people. Dug deep and found a fastball that I didn't think he still had. Follow the link and hit play on the tweet - I promise it is worth it...

https://twitter.com/Enquirer/status/1492840938254778370?s=20&t=kmOOZihBemiZ5FcQ090CKg

Interesting. These same words came out of me at some point in the last few weeks as well as I regularly talked with my daughter via phone as she is away at school. Each weekend game, we would enjoy the pre-game, in-game, and of course post-game, albeit using technology to bring us a little closer. Fast forward to this weekend, and my daughter insisted she make the long drive home from college, skipping out on the annual big Super Bowl party she otherwise helps arrange and attends, only to watch this game with dad. I pushed and pushed and pushed her to 'do her thing', and we can FaceTime periodically, and most definitely at the end when our celebration takes place. But she would have none of it. She arrived yesterday, and tonight we will sit in the comfort of our family room, enjoying the ups and sharing in the downs. I know we will be jumping with celebration at the end, but to be honest, I've already won. No doubt about that. Even so, "just win one before I die."

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, duus said:

Interesting. These same words came out of me at some point in the last few weeks as well as I regularly talked with my daughter via phone as she is away at school. Each weekend game, we would enjoy the pre-game, in-game, and of course post-game, albeit using technology to bring us a little closer. Fast forward to this weekend, and my daughter insisted she make the long drive home from college, skipping out on the annual big Super Bowl party she otherwise helps arrange and attends, only to watch this game with dad. I pushed and pushed and pushed her to 'do her thing', and we can FaceTime periodically, and most definitely at the end when our celebration takes place. But she would have none of it. She arrived yesterday, and tonight we will sit in the comfort of our family room, enjoying the ups and sharing in the downs. I know we will be jumping with celebration at the end, but to be honest, I've already won. No doubt about that. Even so, "just win one before I die."

I'm glad you get to enjoy this with her.

I wish that I was still living in Walton, Kentucky right now. Our street was a mix of Steelers and Bengals fans, we'd all get together for the games. I can tell you without doubt, not one person at the party today would be rooting for the Rams. 

My son slept in his Andy Dalton Jersey last night, Joe Burrow will come out in a bit. I can't wear my Carson Palmer Jersey, too many bad losses.  I'll wear the same smelly shirts that I've worn all playoffs. Both of these shirts are at least 20 years old and have seen better days. Granted it these shirts were only worn for a few hours, during the game. But today, I'll be proud to wear this all day and I hope to wear it to a Bengals Super Bowl Win! WHO DEY!!!!!!! 

Anyone else have any superstitions that they'll follow today? 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Earendil said:

How is that different from every other day?

It’s extra stupid today thanks to all the people who rarely/never pay attention to the team feeling a need to chime in.

so you get, for example, some joker wondering whether Mike Brown will pay Burrow…