SUPER BOWL LVI: Bengals vs. Rams

HoosierCat

I just have SO much respect for this approach…

“Flash forward to this season, in the second week of November, Burrow was the quarterback of a 5-4 football team and had a week off. The Bengals had just lost to the Browns 41-16 in a game that saw Burrow throw two interceptions and zero touchdowns. With a few days free, he found himself in Columbus, his old college home, the place he had to leave to become a legend in two states.

“I was like, come on, we might as well go out,” Saltzman said. “(Bengals defensive end) Sam Hubbard was there and he was like, ‘What do you think about going out?’ And Joe said, ‘Well, No. 1, it’s not a good look after losing to the Browns last week. And two, I’m not going to have a fun time in that atmosphere anyway. So there’s no point.’ We were all kind of like, that makes perfect sense.”

So they had a quiet dinner at The Top Steak House and went back to an Airbnb that Burrow had rented.

“We watched a movie and listened to a lot of Kid Cudi,” Saltzman said.

That attitude didn’t change when the Bengals’ fortunes did. After the Bengals beat the Chiefs in Week 17 to clinch a playoff berth, some people wanted to go out but Joe just went to Hubbard’s house, where they played cards with Trey Hendrickson, DJ Reader, Hubbard and Kevin Huber. Then, after the playoff win against the Raiders, Dan got back to his little brother’s house at midnight hoping to celebrate. Joe had been in bed since 9:45 p.m.“

Text from my wife who works in an elementary school in northern baltimore county:

“Our school library put up a tiger in the super bowl display. Everyone here is rooting for them (bengals)”

(she’s seen a few Burrow jerseys too)

No one seems to give a shit up here in Chicago. Was listening to the Chicago espn station this morning and they spent at least 15 minutes on the subject of “what are the top 3 worst ways to die.”

Seriously. Not new bears management, not basketball, not the super bowl, but the merits of drowning in quicksand versus being burned alive.

6 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

No one seems to give a shit up here in Chicago. Was listening to the Chicago espn station this morning and they spent at least 15 minutes on the subject of “what are the top 3 worst ways to die.”

Seriously. Not new bears management, not basketball, not the super bowl, but the merits of drowning in quicksand versus being burned alive.

Yes burned alive would definitely make my top 3.
For us men I would include bleeding out from having your dick chopped off
Lastly being ripped to pieces by a gang of midgets wearing rubber pants and wielding sharpened paper clips that have been super heated

That last one is negotiable...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ArmyBengal said:

Yes burned alive would definitely make my top 3.
For us men I would include bleeding out from having your dick chopped off
Lastly being ripped to pieces by a gang of midgets wearing rubber pants and wielding sharpened paper clips that have been super heated

That last one is negotiable...

Sounds like you have the makings of a fetish.

10 hours ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

Yikes.  

There was also this:

https://twitter.com/randiricowlwt/status/1492163725528379395?s=21

and there was another one I can’t find now, but it was an on screen graphic of the two teams’ helmets. The Rams was fine but the Bengals was clearly a solid orange Browns helmet with a striped B copy/pasted on. The Today show should never do football coverage.