Draft/FA Rumor Mill

HoosierCat

Oh, and what does it say about Hunt and Clarke that the team has such a woodie for bringing MJ back?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Clarke signing is a massive waste...

Flushed the pick down the drain..... Could have had WR Donte Moncrief or WR John Brown, which they could have used late in the season as guys were limited.

Such poor decisions in hindsight.

In news that will surprise no one, five teams not named the Bengals are chasing Greg Hardy.

/>http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/3/9/8179265/49ers-greg-hardy-rumors-2015-tyson-zone

Sigh...

Ha, etch the, go after Hardy and then get smacked with a 4 game suspension... Fitting...

I'm still not concerned about Hardy coming to the Bengals and don't view their lack of pursuit as an alarming issue.

It's not like the guy was found innocent of all charges. He paid the woman off and she took a "long winded" vacation as to not be available.

Since she wasn't able to be contacted, they threw it out. Hardly the resounding determination of innocence.

Again, I would hope he did well while here, but I would not be rooting for him. Dirtbag.

Some of the other guys I hear people hoping and praying for are still just guys and nothing I actually view as a huge upgrade.

On top of that, there's not knowing if they are a fit for our system and (here's the big one) they actually want to come to Cincinnati.

They can have an interest in any player they want, but if they don't want to play in Cincinnati, what should they do ??

Don't get me wrong, that doesn't mean they should sit back and do nothing, but it's not as simple as some want to make it.

I made the comment a long time ago that Boling may simply not want to be here anymore.

He's from Georgia and maybe a return home is what he's looking for. I heard that the Falcons have an interest in him as well.

Is that the Bengals fault ??

I'm not pointing this at anyone, simply commenting.

Some people need to CHILL.

Any info on Charles Clay? I think he's the best Gresham replacement available.

Should be a fun week...

cheers.gif

And, for the record, the lack of interest in Hardy makes me happy.

Clay got the transition tag from the Dolphins, which gives them the right to match any offer.

I saw he was visiting with the Bills, but the thought is a team will have to overpay him to get him from Miami.

Andre Johnson apparently wants to play for either the Patriots, Seahawks, Colts, or Packers.

That is exactly what i'm talking about. Some may say the Bengals could have upgraded by adding Johnson, but he has no interest in playing here.

I don't view that as something the Bengals failed in getting done and that is how i'm viewing free agency.

There has to be a mutual interest.

Good luck to Johnson in getting a ring.

Some may say the Bengals could have upgraded by adding Johnson, but he has no interest in playing here.

I don't view that as something the Bengals failed in getting done and that is how i'm viewing free agency.

"Some may say." Nice straw man there, Army. No one is objecting to them not getting a player who doesn't want to play in Cincy.

What "some" (by which I mean "me" and I suspect willy) object to is the lack of "change" that the team itself said was coming.

So far, FA this season looks a lot like FA last season, when they watched guys walk and the plan to replace them was LOOK A SQUIRREL!

Still time for things to change, but I'm not holding my breath.

And the timing couldn't be better: here's a tweet from Dehner that will make Army's morning:

MT @DJ_VooVoo_Swag: @pauldehnerjr Landon Collins be an option in 1st round to succeed Nelson // Doubtful. Team excited about Shawn Williams.

"Excited about Shawn Williams." BARTENDER, BRING ME THE WHOLE BOTTLE OF JACK AND A SHOT GLASS RIGHT NOW!!!

Some may say the Bengals could have upgraded by adding Johnson, but he has no interest in playing here.

"Some may say." Nice straw man there, Army. No one is objecting to them not getting a player who doesn't want to play in Cincy.

What "some" (by which I mean "me" and I suspect willy) object to is the lack of "change" that the team itself said was coming.

So far, FA this season looks a lot like FA last season, when they watched guys walk and the plan to replace them was LOOK A SQUIRREL!

Still time for things to change, but I'm not holding my breath.

Funny. When I say, "some may say", I was actually referring to ALL of the boards I visit, but include this one.

I wouldn't have had much issue with Johnson here, but didn't think he was the best option.

Again, he doesn't want to be here, so color me unconcerned.

Excited about Shawn Williams ?? Oh great. Has anyone been excited about Shawn Williams since he's been drafted ??

Don't get me wrong, I know he's done well on teams, but wasn't he suppose to be a younger Chris Crocker ??

Yeah, I haven't seen that to this point.

Hey, if you don't get pumped about Williams, imagine how excited TJ will be to see Tanner Hawinson at LG!

For anyone wanting a summary of where things stand as far as we know, Josh has a good rundown this morning.

/>http://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/3/10/8176063/bengals-free-agency-update

to me, the most telling thing is that the Browns - who were quite clear that they were not going to be very active in FA this year - have signed a competent vet receiver (Hartline) (and to a very reasonable contract, btw) and yet our front office, after declaring that they were going to be very aggressive in FA, has stuck their thumbs firmly up their collective a$$e$

so our version of "very aggresive" is slightly less agreessive than the Brown's version of "mostly inactive"

I know that winning the offseason doesn't earn any trophies, but damn, do something

Speaking of the Clowns, they are reportedly sniffing around Revis. Pairing him with Hayden would be scary. I doubt it happens but knowing Revis he will follow the money and if Cleveland goes big...

PS This:

so our version of "very aggresive" is slightly less agreessive than the Brown's version of "mostly inactive"

is a good line, TJ! :lol:

Speaking of the Clowns, they are reportedly sniffing around Revis. Pairing him with Hayden would be scary. I doubt it happens but knowing Revis he will follow the money and if Cleveland goes big...

PS This:

is a good line, TJ! :lol:/>

So pursuing Revis - before Free Agency even officially starts - counts as "mostly inactive"? Sounds like the same front office that picked a homeless guy's drinking buddy in the first last year. :rolleyes:

Moral of the story: Don't envy the Browns.

Also, don't get me wrong, i'm not saying i'm happy with the Bengals being so "next to nothing" in free agency when stating they would approach it differently.

That being said, what I can't account for is the fit of a player and if they actually want to come here.

It's why i'm not in "F*CK IT" mode.

Maybe something comes in the next few days. Maybe not.