Draft/FA Rumor Mill

HoosierCat

Yup. I think in the end they trade him. I dont get the impression AP wants to be three any more.

It does seem that way. I bet he goes to SD or AZ.

If I'm one of those two teams, I'd try to make that happen.mtheyd be dangerous if they got AP.

Amazing how many deals are going down this year. I can't remember anything like it.

Of course, one team does nothing...

Totally agree. This FA period has been madness! Totally nuts all around. Bills, Eagles, Saints Seattle among the leaders in making big waves.... Seattle scary now it's a jimmy Graham. bills look solid on paper even though Ryan is a whack job.

And yes, the Bengals bring a starters pistol to a shotgun fight.

Ok! quick question as to who will be backing up Dalton. Some vet FAs who might be fun: Vick, Matt Moore, colt McCoy.

We know mccarron won't be considered "ready", so be prepared for a vet FA to pat Andy on the back, and hand him Gatorade.

Not a Vick fan but there are worse possibilities, like Matt Flynn or Gabbert...

hi Guys - been away for a couple of days and just trying to catch up on the situation with Free Agency:-

Fairley has signed with the Rams ... was this purely down to $$ and we just couldn't get near the offer?

Johnson received offer from Minny but still visits Bengals ....any indication on how that went/stands??

Any further update on Anthony Collins or Jermaine Gresham?

Is that the Bengals wheelings and dealings complete for FA this year then??

Cheers

hi Guys - been away for a couple of days and just trying to catch up on the situation with Free Agency:-

1. Fairley has signed with the Rams ... was this purely down to $$ and we just couldn't get near the offer?

2. Johnson received offer from Minny but still visits Bengals ....any indication on how that went/stands??

3. Any further update on Anthony Collins or Jermaine Gresham?

4. Is that the Bengals wheelings and dealings complete for FA this year then??

I numbered them to respond easier:

1. I would change your word "couldn't" to "wouldn't" and regardless of anything else, he would have been an upgrade over at least 2 DT's on the roster.

2. I think MJ loves the guys he played with here and loves Zimmer, which has been well documented. I bet Zimmer wins the battle.

3. Collins ?? C'mon down. Gresham ?? Get the hell out of here. Not much on either.

4. See Hoosier's pic from Monopoly.

http://nflmocks.com/2015/03/14/who-is-the-nfl-mystery-team-courting-greg-hardy/?utm_source=FanSided+Daily&utm_medium=email

Bengals really the No.1 mystery team negotiating for Hardy?? I know this piece is speculation but even so I just can't see it after Fairley not signed and MJ questionable

$24Million in cap space = no greenbacks left in the safe nor under the mattress

/>http://nflmocks.com/2015/03/14/who-is-the-nfl-mystery-team-courting-greg-hardy/?utm_source=FanSided+Daily&utm_medium=email

Bengals really the No.1 mystery team negotiating for Hardy?? I know this piece is speculation but even so I just can't see it after Fairley not signed and MJ questionable

$24Million in cap space = no greenbacks left in the safe nor under the mattress

I won't be happy at all.

Not willing to make moves for money to get Fairly and maybe MJ, but they will for some clown that beats women ??

I don't care if that clown can get to the QB.

Three more things left to in FA

Sign a TE - either Casey or Clay. If not one of those two, a BLOCKING TE

Sign Anthony Collins - shouldnt cost too much

Release or restructure Hall

First two draft picks should be a pash rushing DT and a deep threat WR, preferably in that exact order

and Cobi should be running deep routes against a juggs machine every single day

Don't see them making a move for anyone costing more than peanuts.

I could see Collins coming back.

Would love to see something happen with Hall, but if they weren't willing to do it in order to upgrade another position, they won't do it at all.

I see the OLB spot as a spot in need of being addressed early.

Lamur wasn't great last year, Burfict is a question mark, and then you have Hawk.

Yeah, LB in the first two rounds.

the thing is, hobsonization of the cap aside, they do still have money available

even enough to sign Greg Hardy

if they wanted to

to me, this is the last year of the window. The superbowl push is 2015 or not at all.

After 2015, we start to lose major pieces.

This I started last year the window is open with the core pieces in place, specifically the Oline.

They could have really taken the pressure off the draft by working a deal with Fairley.

They will still need something before September, so juts deal with Hall now, before the draft.

I agree regarding TE. Cupboard is bare.

'No' to Hardy. That is all.

They could have really taken the pressure off the draft by working a deal with Fairley.

I agree they COULD have worked a deal for Fairley but I believe they didn't want to. I think they will look to draft a DT this year and therefore save some cap $$ for the next few years which gives them a wee bit of wiggle room next year (2016) when there are a lot of Bengals heading for free-agency.

I wish Newman the best of luck wherever he ends up.

When he came to Cincinnati, everyone was calling him washed up and Dallas was willing to pack his bags and drive him to the airport.

He did nothing but play well during his time here and be a pro.

His time was up and he moved on. Hard to complain about that.

Kind of rooting for him to end up back with Zimmer, but the chance at a ring goes up DRAMATICALLY with the Pats.

There are s lot of FA wide outs, if the Bengals decide to want one, but seems like they don't. I think it would be worth a look, never to many weapons for Dalton

No can do, buddy, Bengals are broke. Busted. Tapped out. Mikey is lunching at a soup kitchen in Over-the-Rhine and Katie is raiding St. Vincent de Paul boxes for "gently used" undies. And then there's the flood damage happening right now at PBS. In order to pay for that, they're finally going to sell the naming rights to the stadium to that fat dude with the new viral country screed. It will be renamed "Angry Redneck Field" and the statue of PB out front will be replaced with one of Larry the Cable Guy. Hard times down on the riverfront...

Hob's latest Choice column is up on da site. Not much all that interesting except his speculation that they won't go DT early. Instead they'll re-sign Still and maybe bring in an old washed-up dude or two to "compete." He thinks 21 will be oline, WR or...TE.

Maxx, phone for you. Maxx?