Draft/FA Rumor Mill

HoosierCat

Wow...

@JasonLaCanfora: Former Steelers pass rusher Jason Worilds is retiring from the game per a release by his agents. Several teams wanted him in free agency....

Apparently he is going to follow a "spiritual calling."

All I can do is wish him a good journey.

So the Pats let Browner walk away because he was due to hit 4.5 million against the cap.

This is a CB that has started for each of the last two Super Bowl champs.

How much is Hall hitting our cap for again ??

Yeah, about that....

Who's you rather have Hall or Browner?

Or Hall or Cole?

The budget is there, just not the will.

Loyalty only gets you so far huh ??

Me too. The central question as to the Bengals cap space and subsequent FA activity comes down to one player: Hall. His cap number is 9.7M. That's a lot.

It seems the front office regards keeping Hall at his current pay is fair and acceptable. Also implies the team is better derved by this than by reappropriating these funds to address an area of clear and obvious deficiency, the D line and pass rush. This is my issue here.

Andre Johnson officially a Colt. 3 years, $21 million.

I always felt they (Bengals) were more likely to address the WR need via the draft

Andre Johnson officially a Colt. 3 years, $21 million.

I always felt they (Bengals) were more likely to address the WR need via the draft

lots of talent at WR his year, so that gives us some hope.

They have Boling signed and brought Winston back. FNR done, Lamur securely tendered, Hawk now added. If they could get either of Fairley or Mj, then I would consider this FA period a success.

Only item I really would like them to overcome is the Hall situation. Nothing like letting $10M just be poorly utilized when it could have been applied towards a CB like Browner.. That would be an instant upgrade.

Just saw that the Rams cut Jake Long, too. Man, there are some quality players on the street.

Bengals "change" still has a chance:

In their sights:

Nick Fairley

Michael Johnson

Cut:

Geathers

Pollack

Little

Let walk:

Gresham

Tendered:

Lamur

CLH

Didn't tender:

Still

Signed:

Nuge

Hawk

Boling

Rey

Winston

Matt O'Donnell (OT)

What I'd like to see;

Get Fairley and MJ in house. Redo the Hall deal to provide cash for an opportunistic signing if one pops up.

Just saw that the Rams cut Jake Long, too. Man, there are some quality players on the street.

Bengals "change" still has a chance:

In their sights:

Nick Fairley

Michael Johnson

Cut:

Geathers

Pollack

Little

Let walk:

Gresham

Tendered:

Lamur

CLH

Didn't tender:

Still

Signed:

Nuge

Hawk

Boling

Rey

Winston

Matt O'Donnell (OT)

What I'd like to see;

Get Fairley and MJ in house. Redo the Hall deal to provide cash for an opportunistic signing if one pops up.

Don't forget that Outhouse went too.

Didn't Still get a 1 year tender offer ??

Lewis-Harris also signed a contract ??

Wow...

@JasonLaCanfora: Former Steelers pass rusher Jason Worilds is retiring from the game per a release by his agents. Several teams wanted him in free agency....

Apparently he is going to follow a "spiritual calling."

All I can do is wish him a good journey.

Still shocked Willis retired,Even if he was a 49er it was a sad day for nfl.

sign both of the Lost Tampa Boys

Gotta love Hobson maths: "Former mates have said Johnson would love to return to Cincinnati after a rough year in Tampa with just four sacks. But with other clubs now involved, it remains to be seen how it plays out. The Bengals certainly can’t get into the $7 million per year neighborhood, which is where they were before he opted for Tampa a year ago. Things may be helped by the fact that Johnson gets $7 million from the Bucs this year."

If they would simply deal with Hall like grown ups wearing big boy pants, they'd have enough to lock up MJ...

Have to answer the question if those dollars are best served by continuing to overpay Hall or better to invest in a guy who you know can improve the edge of the D, both as a pass rusher and in the run game.