Bengals Draft

Scottishbengal

All the usual caveats, he was hurt last season, small school, etc., but I love the balance Hunt points out. That's BJGEs big fault, he can be tackled by a light breeze. If that can translate to the NFL, if Cobb can run with balance and power versus pro teams, well, there was a guy I once watched in stripes who could do that. Of course he was a nutball on a crap team, but watching Cobb I couldn't help but think, gawddamn, that looks like Corey Dillon...

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, who hasn't woken up in a hospital with no idea how you got there?

Yeah, I hate when that happens.

sorry but i have to ask as it bother me as hell. are u guys serious or joking, the way u guys are saying, it sound like u are saying woke up in hospital with no idea how u get there is so common. it never happen to me or anybody i know.

Hi Dimster, yea just kidding around a little there. Not a common thing at all.

So, now that the draft is STILL 10 days away, I feel like the NFL's attempt to move it is a dud. Way too long of a time between SB / combine / draft. Simply too long of a lag until the draft, IMHO.

ta

king

way

tooo

loooooooonnnnnnngggggg

Yah, willy, agree x1000.

For those into reading tea leaves, the Bengals released C Scott Wedige today.

/>http://espn.go.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/7302/bengals-scott-wedige-center-backup-draft

Could be an indication that they are looking at center in the draft.

Greed-El just want to "capture more of the calendar". It is ridiculous. They already had a year-round thing going, but apparently there was some point in late April and early May when people paid attention to something else. That can't happen. Can't monetize that. So we get this. And I'm bored out of my mind reading about anything having to do with the draft (writing by all present company excepted). I wonder if the NFL will listen to what I expect to be a pretty vocal backlash against this.

Or that the cut guy is not good enough at football.

Very well could be. FWIW, ourlads' new mock has them taking C Bryan Stork in the second round.

Three-year starter who earned the 2013 Rimington Trophy as the outstanding center in the country. A technique savvy center who is quick enough to gain position and seal a big nose tackle. Plays with a good base. Runs feet on contact. Takes good angles to the second level to cut off pursuit. Good football and on-thefield awareness to cut or face up and fit his block. Experienced at both the shotgun and conventional snap. Plays with a good base and knee bend. Physical player who can shock you with his punch. Head always on a swivel. Ability to adjust and block different looks. Instinctive. Can quick set and force separation in pass protection. Good use of hands when combo blocking. Big hands to lock on defender and create a seam, then climbs to the second level. Plays with leverage and anchor ability. A patient yet physical interior presence for the Seminoles. Medical exclusion at Combine, left knee and both shoulders.

For those complaining about the late draft date this year...I thought it was moved because of booking issues with Radio City Music Hall...?

Did I dream that?

That was the convienient excuse so the NFL wouldn't take any heat.

That performance scheduled at Radio City Music hall that just so happened to be scheduled on the same weekend as the freaking NFL draft (and has been for the last several years)....got cancelled....due to "lack of interest".

It's akin to the newest Hallmark holiday just happening to be scheduled on Christmas.

Yes, Rog and the NFL think we are THAT stupid.

The word was that Radio City had an event already planned and couldn't move things around to accommodate the NFL (yeah right).

The event that was already planned has since been cancelled and there was no attempt to move the draft date (go figure).

I forget where I read that, but the whole deal really sucks and is nothing more than league driven crap.

Stork ?? Absolutely. 2nd round ?? No thank you.

Clearly the Center position is going to be given a hard look in the draft. Rightly so....

Robinson can hold the fort until they determine which, if any, player from the draft or FA could pick it up.

Wow, king of poor timing right there.

Now the story gets worse: apparently he nearly plowed into a group of kids on the sidewalk before passing out behind the wheel.

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/28/911-caller-claims-almost-hit-a-bunch-of-kids-while-driving/

Roby now resides in my "Do Not Want" file.

Now the story gets worse: apparently he nearly plowed into a group of kids on the sidewalk before passing out behind the wheel.

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/28/911-caller-claims-almost-hit-a-bunch-of-kids-while-driving/

Yep, under the "ever" category.

.....next.

http://profootballta...-while-driving/

Yep, under the "ever" category.

.....next.

We all need to send him a thank you note to thank him for doing this BEFORE the draft instead of after.

The article said he was passed out beside the BBR on vine. And that he almost plowed into a bunch of kids there. That BBR restaurant is right in the arena district, a party type area. There are no residential areas or kids down there. In fact that restaurant is right across the street from the Nationwide Arena. Maybe when the caller said kids he meant a bunch of 20 somthings.

This is off-topic, but does anyone remember the BBF? It was a small burger chain my dad used to take us to in Columbus after we fled the Mistake. It had a pretty awesome sign called "The Whirling Satellite". Roby probably wouldn't have too much trouble finding some kids to drunkenly run over if he'd been going to a BBF.

Decency rallies have a bit of a checkered past in central Ohio:

Middle age dude with plastic glasses, a flattop, and a microphone: "Hey kids, welcome to the decency rally! Long-hairs and greasers will lead you down the wrong path! Now let's hear it for good old-fashioned common courtesy, and for corporations and the pensions they provide that will forever safeguard our social fabric!"

Kid known as Little Hair On Fire jumps on stage: "Don't listen to him, man! BBF puts mind control agents in all their burgers that will turn you into consumerist zombies and train you to catch a bullet in Asia somewhere so Monsanto can sell Agent Orange, which is what BBF makes their orange soda with. BBF is the enemy, man!"

(Little Hair On Fire gets attacked by large men wearing "BBF Decency Enforcement" windbreakers. He's tossed into a meat wagon and never seen again)

Middle age dude with plastic glasses, a flattop, and a microphone: "Hey kids, that little drama was part of our show, meant to demonstrate to you that asking a bunch of questions usually leads to death squad kidnappings in broad daylight. It's just not worth it! Obey your corporate overlords, er, I mean, eat your complimentary fifteen cent BBF hamburgers! And remember, do what you're told. You can trust authority!"