Bengals Draft

Scottishbengal

I disagree I really like Verret, most athletic corner in the Draft but all three have their pluses and minuses, I also like Jean - Baptist from Nebraska. I think the scheme there created some of the deficiencies seen on tape.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had Fuller not gotten injured this last season, he would probably be rated much higher than he currently is.

He's the guy I think they will take if CB is viewed as a 1st round "must have" by the organization.

I still expect Gilbert and Dennard to be gone.

I like Verret, but hate his size. Roby scares me at #24, but he has the skills.

I still like Gaines out of Rice if he's there in the 2nd. Watch him play. Tough.

Purifoy from Florida was once thought to be a first round talent, but keeps f*cking up.

Just got arrested again recently from my understanding. He's going to drop big time.

Aren't our CB's expected to be able to play both man and zone coverage depending on the defensive call ??

I'm asking a serious question and not trying to be a smart butt about it.

Maybe one has better skills at one or the other, but I thought that was the expectation.

If that is the case, each of the first round rated CB's has the faults in that regard.

Strong in one area but not in another.

Allow me this quick thought about the draft being moved to May 8th...

IT SUCKS, F*CK YOU NFL.

That is all.

Seconded. And the thing is, you see this from (unnamed mostly) team officials as well. Hopefully there will be pressure to move it back to April. I don't see how it's generating much additional hype. If anything it seems to be sucking the air out of the draft.

IT SUCKS, F*CK YOU NFL.

That is all.

Seconded. And the thing is, you see this from (unnamed mostly) team officials as well. Hopefully there will be pressure to move it back to April. I don't see how it's generating much additional hype. If anything it seems to be sucking the air out of the draft.

True. That is until people slob all over the 3 day festivities and it scores mega tv ratings. Things will only change when there is evidence that people are apathetic. Not angry. Only when we just don't give a shit anymore do the people that once needed you, will finally address the issue. By that time it will be too late. London football, expanded playoffs, 18 game seasons, more, more, more...bigger, better, badder than evaaaaah!

IT SUCKS, F*CK YOU NFL.

That is all.

I read that in regards to the schedule, they ran 500,000 iterations of the 2014 slate and chose the one that the computer simulator calculated the league would make the most money.

Yeah...I thought that too...

In possibly good news, GOD-el says no decision has been made on whether to keep the draft in May or go back to April.

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/25/goodell-says-future-timing-of-draft-hasnt-been-decided/

However, he also says they may expand -- yes, expand -- the draft to drag out over four. Freaking. Days.

Fuggit, GOD-el, why limit yourself to just four days? With seven rounds plus a maximum of 32 comp picks per draft, that's 256 selections. At four picks a day, that's 64, count 'em, 64 days! Start three days before the end of April and the draft runs through the end of June!!!

In possibly good news, GOD-el says no decision has been made on whether to keep the draft in May or go back to April.

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/25/goodell-says-future-timing-of-draft-hasnt-been-decided/

However, he also says they may expand -- yes, expand -- the draft to drag out over four. Freaking. Days.

Fuggit, GOD-el, why limit yourself to just four days? With seven rounds plus a maximum of 32 comp picks per draft, that's 256 selections. At four picks a day, that's 64, count 'em, 64 days! Start three days before the end of April and the draft runs through the end of June!!!

You think that's a joke? Watch that keep growing towards that possibility.

The NFL is on a path of becoming a characterture of itself. Revenue up...integrity down.

My interest in the NFL is waning but I'd be lying if I said I didn't care. This is the first year I can remember that I don't know anything about the draft class. I just have had no interest. I'm aware of what the Bengals need but just haven't found the motivation to go into the usual speculation of who's going where, etc.

I'll probably tune into the draft to see Goddell getting booed. That will be worth it to me. Not at apathy yet and probably won't be for awhile. Still a Bengals fan, but getting tired of the facade that is growing and playing out in front of our eyes.

You know, I can actually see some value in spacing the draft out more, though not as radically as that. For instance, how about doing one round a weekend for seven weekends? Call it "Draft Season." Do the first two rounds as a big blowout weekend in mid-April like they do now. Then do 32 picks every Sunday for the next six weeks. It would be about a four-hour show, maybe six for round 3 (maybe break that in half for the second weekend).

Expanding the draft over more days isn't a totally bad idea, just not in a row. Just MHO.

You know, I can actually see some value in spacing the draft out more, though not as radically as that. For instance, how about doing one round a weekend for seven weekends? Call it "Draft Season." Do the first two rounds as a big blowout weekend in mid-April like they do now. Then do 32 picks every Sunday for the next six weeks. It would be about a four-hour show, maybe six for round 3 (maybe break that in half for the second weekend).

Expanding the draft over more days isn't a totally bad idea, just not in a row. Just MHO.

If it makes the league more money, they will try it.

However, if you're expecting me to tune into rounds 5-7 on a beautiful spring weekend...uh...no.

Greed-El likes the cut of your jib.

If you do 1 pick per day the NFL could have a Draft that never ends heck, you could have the NFL Draft channel and daily Drafts.

Put me down as a fan of the weekend draft. Nothing better than waking up on Saturday morning and knowing that you have all weekend filled with draft.

If you do 1 pick per day the NFL could have a Draft that never ends heck, you could have the NFL Draft channel and daily Drafts.

Put me down as a fan of the weekend draft. Nothing better than waking up on Saturday morning and knowing that you all weekend filled with draft.

If I had my druthers I'd go back to the weekend draft too. But the NFL seems hell-bent on milking it for everything they can, in which case it seems to me it would be better to split it up over multiple weekends somehow versus having people slog through a four-day marathon.

I remember working the draft on here when it was over the weekend and my eyes would be ready to pop out of my head.

I actually like the current set up, but hate that they pushed it two weeks forward. HATE.

I could see adding another day, but don't really want to see it messed with all that much.

Just move it back into the April slot and call it good.

I still love the draft and always get excited when watching the Bengals on the clock.

I don't think that will really go away, but you never know.

Man, who hasn't woken up in a hospital with no idea how you got there?

Yeah, I hate when that happens.

sorry but i have to ask as it bother me as hell. are u guys serious or joking, the way u guys are saying, it sound like u are saying woke up in hospital with no idea how u get there is so common. it never happen to me or anybody i know.