Bengals Draft

Scottishbengal

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ TJ I was a big double r bar fan!

If you get into Cincy sometime, head to Roney's, which is in the Mt Carmel/Eastgate area

This place is a former Roy Rogers (renamed to Roney's) that still has all the Roy Rogers food, including but not limited to the double r bar, but is now named Roney's

yes, the roast beef and fried chicken and apple crisps and fixins bar and etc etc etc are ALL there and just as good as always

Hobson be trollin'. His pick in his final media mock draft?

24. BENGALS - WR Brandin Cooks, Oregon State

Oh lord, they don't make buckets of popcorn big enough for that to happen.

Dang, did I bring that to light with the comment I made about them taking a WR before a QB in the first ??

I can't say as I would be overjoyed with the pick, but I can't say there is much that would surprise me.

Hobson be trollin'. His pick in his final media mock draft?

24. BENGALS - WR Brandin Cooks, Oregon State

Oh lord, they don't make buckets of popcorn big enough for that to happen.

Dang, did I bring that to light with the comment I made about them taking a WR before a QB in the first ??

I can't say as I would be overjoyed with the pick, but I can't say there is much that would surprise me.

I would be ok with a good WR that presents value at 24. But Cooks doesn't look like a 1st rounder to my eyes...

Oh, I didn't say as I would be overwhelmed with the pick. I only said it wouldn't surprise me if a WR presented as the BPA at that spot.

I don't care if the ten best players available at our pick in r1 are all WRs.....we dont need one this year

The BPA approach is fine to a degree, but if the BPA at all 7+ picks are WRs, do you pick 7+ WRs?

Maybe Hair'd answer yes, but any sane person would say no.

I simply stated the BPA when they go on the clock could be a WR. COULD.

That doesn't mean they should in fact select said WR by any stretch.

I would rather them make a perceived reach on an OG at that point, but again, it wouldn't surprise me.

Teams tend to stick to their evaluations on players. Was the need so great that they "HAD" to take Eifert ??

I imagine he was a player they had rated higher than where they were picking and took him.

If you look at some of the players that went later than than pick, a good portion could have helped this team last year.

I wanted Matt Elam.

Make of that what you will though. I'm simply saying it shouldn't be a shock regardless of whether or not someone agrees.

Via Harvey, here are the Bengals' first three picks in the Kiper/McShay joint mock:

First round: CB Kyle Fuller (Virginia Tech) ... Kiper pick

Second round: C Marcus Martin (USC) ... McShay pick

Third round: QB AJ McCarron (Alabama) ... Kiper pick

I'm fine with Fuller in the first. Martin would be a boring pick but not a bad one. But I see no reason for McCarron, a Dalton clone. Harvey would take Murray, yet another Dalton clone, there. :rolleyes:

Via Harvey, here are the Bengals' first three picks in the Kiper/McShay joint mock:

I'm fine with Fuller in the first. Martin would be a boring pick but not a bad one. But I see no reason for McCarron, a Dalton clone. Harvey would take Murray, yet another Dalton clone, there. rolleyes.gif

Murray a Dalton clone? Hmmmmm....don't know about that.

Murray a Dalton clone? Hmmmmm....don't know about that.

Feel free to argue the comparison with Rob Rang. ;) Really tho I've seen multiple guys compared to Dalton. He seems to be becoming the go-to comp for any QB who isn't seen as first-round material but also isn't quite a poor enough prospect to write off as a career backup.

I'm fine with Fuller in the first. Martin would be a boring pick but not a bad one. But I see no reason for McCarron, a Dalton clone. Harvey would take Murray, yet another Dalton clone, there. :rolleyes:/>

Waste of the third round pick, sounds like a Bengals draft

The Bengals are NOT taking a QB in the first 3 rounds. I am so convinced of that I capitalized every letter in "not". What further proof could you need?

All the QB considered talk is stuff the team is shoving out there to get Andy to come off his Brees/Rogers type number.

Corner in 1, tackle or center in 2, sounds about right.

....and now there is talk of Bridgewater not only at 24, but even possibly at 55

/>http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/78811/why-bridgewater-to-bengals-makes-sense

you ok with him at 55, Joisey?

I doubt highly that he's there.

The Bengals are NOT taking a QB in the first 3 rounds. I am so convinced of that I capitalized every letter in "not". What further proof could you need?

well thats the end of that then....when COB pulls out the caps, you know its gonna be that way

sorry I ever thought otherwise :-)

....and now there is talk of Bridgewater not only at 24, but even possibly at 55

/>http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/78811/why-bridgewater-to-bengals-makes-sense

you ok with him at 55, Joisey?

I doubt highly that he's there.

but if he is......

Not really. They aren't going to go QB in the first and not play the guy, and probably not in the second. It's just a signal they aren't paying Dalton and combined with their lackadaisical approach to AJ would strongly suggest they are just stringing fans along and using those two as an excuse not to spend.

wow, and I thought I was the negative one around here......:-)

Well, tell me it wouldn't look like one of the biggest bait-and-switches in history. For three years they have been saying that they have to hoard money for Dalton and Green, so they can't pursue free agents or keep all their talent. Now suddenly we are told they can't afford to sign Andy because...they would not be able to pursue free agents and keep their own talent if they did!

Mike & Co. Have found Excuse Paradise: if we spend we can't keep our guys and if we keep our guys we can't spend.

And the fan base is applauding! APPLAUDING!!! They are on bended knee BEGGING Mike Brown not to spend money and take Teddy instead. Mikey must think he's wandered into an alternate universe.

Me, I'm just completely boggled. Mind blown. If you would have told me at any time between the second SB loss and 2010 that the Bengals would have a QB with 30 wins in three seasons and three straight playoff trips and the fans would be begging Mike effing Brown to ditch the chump, I would have bet my soul you were a liar.

I look at it this way: assuming the CBs w 1st round grades are gone, I don't see a lot of other clear-cut first round talent at positions of need for the Bengals. On the other hand, Bridgewater has put together impressive game tape and looks like he just might turn into something special. QB is one position where it is almost impossible to find starters outside of the top of the first round. At the very least, they draft the guy and let him develop this year while Andy plays out his contract. Then either Andy signs a new deal and you trade Teddy or you let Andy walk with the confidence you have a worthy player ready to take his shot. I'm not sold on Dalton yet so this would sound pretty good to me.

Besides, there's nothing to lose in letting people think you're open to drafting a QB high, even if there's no chance you will.