2nd Round: Andy Dalton, QB, TCU

ArmyBengal

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Reedy's twitter:

Lewis: "I feel real confident (he can start as rookie). That's what drew us to him. There's going to be some challenges."

Somewhere, Jordan Palmer just kicked a puppy...

Somewhere the Steelers and Ravens are celebrating all the INT's to come their way !!!

From Reedy's twitter:

Lewis: "I feel real confident (he can start as rookie). That's what drew us to him. There's going to be some challenges."

Somewhere, Jordan Palmer just kicked a puppy...

Somewhere the Steelers and Ravens are celebrating all the INT's to come their way !!!

Yeah, What Army said.......

Thank your boy Carson Palmer for quitting on his team, screw Carson this is why they are in this situation to take a QB. Dont b*tch at Mike Brown b*tch at Carson for signing that long term deal and then quitting on his team

OH NO, Don't lay this on Carson, because he FOR DAMN SURE isn't the first player to get fed up with the way this franchise is run......I don't blame him, I blame Mike Brown for thinking he knows how to run an NFL Franchise.....2 playoff appearances in 21 years? WHAT F*CKING GM WOULD KEEP HIS JOB WITH A RECORD LIKE THAT???? Oh yeah, the guy who owns the team

Nobody told Carson for signing that contract, i dont care Carson can do what he wants, but the bengals need a QB they need to move on also so thats what they are doing.

They said Mike Brown wanted Mallet, and Marvin and Gruden wanted Dalton so i guess Marvin won this battle LOL

This won't preclude them from drafting Luck anymore than Clausen did with Carolina drafting Cam

I'm HAPPY that we got Andy Dalton!

I like the "fire in his belly"(that Carson lacked) and his fit with the West Coast offense.

I don't know any more than anyone else whether he will be a successful QB -- but, I believe he has the intangibles that Carson lacked.

I like the idea of a QB and WR growing up together over the next couple of years.

Now, lets get some O- line and defensive help!

I'm left to wonder how much influence Jon Gruden had with whispering in his brother's ear ??

I mean he had a TON of time to work with some of these QB's and Dalton was one of them.

That couldn't have been viewed as a bad thing.

I'm not mad with Dalton and a couple things overlooked with him often are, his fire and leadership.

I like the "fire in his belly"(that Carson lacked) and his fit with the West Coast offense.

I don't know any more than anyone else whether he will be a successful QB -- but, I believe he has the intangibles that Carson lacked.

I like the idea of a QB and WR growing up together over the next couple of years.

Offensive line help would be good. Help protect the kid from getting shell shocked early.

Exactly. The best thing about Andy Dalton is HE'S NOT CARSON PALMER. See ya Carson. Way to puss your way through 8 seasons, finally grow a pair, and demand a trade. Good luck finding a team that needs two qbs. I have a feeling your security blanket is about to be cut.

I'd rather have a much less talented qb with a heart than an uber-talented sissy man. Here's to our new Opie Cunningham!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dalton's fiancee's pretty cute, so there's that...

/>http://bleacherreport.com/articles/684664-nfl-draft-2011-andy-daltons-hot-fiancee-jordan-jones

She was all that and then some on the tube, nice choice of top to wear also (boing boing).

Good luck to the young man, he was lights-out good at TCU, hope his wife isn't camera shy here in Cincy.

What is it the kids say nowadays? Haters gotta hate?

Well, hate away, irrationally, if you must, but I am perfectly content to try a qb who seems to know what leadership is and is a fits for Gruden's system. I have no doubt he can start right away, and hope he does.

Hope they were smart enough to give Green two copies of the playbook with instructions to give one to Dalton.

They said Mike Brown wanted Mallet,

You just hired a west coast oc, so you want to draft an immobile guy who's biggest asset is his downfield arm, a pot smoking Drew Bledsoe, if you will? That doesn't make any sense, I doubt even Mike would be that illogical.

I'm rooting for this kid. Screw all that bpa stuff, put together a football team. It looks like Marvin went and got his anti-Chad in round one, and his anti-Carson in round 2. Who Dey!