Carson Palmer Thread

NJ29

God I hope it's a trade for a player of value.

We'll see, but I'm not holding my breath. Who's still in play - Dolphins?

It's hard to tell who's still in play for a veteran at this point. Many teams could use some experience at the backup QB position if the price is right.

Actually, the gist of the rumor-based on continuing tweets apparently from ex-Bengal Willie Anderson-is that CP is returning to the Bengals. Take it for what its worth. Personally, I don't buy it. But this WillAnderson79 is really laying it on thick. Heck, I don't know if it really is Willie Anderson. Go-Bengals.

willie tweeted that he can't talk about it, not that it wasn't true, and somewhere in the main sites board it was said that "a line of communication opened between Carson and Brown" . Willie also tweeted something about what needs to be done for change and such...take it for what it is. I personally think if Carson came back he would tear s**t up.

heres the tweets exactly:

WillAnderson79Willie Anderson When Carson Palmer comes back to Cincy You all can "Thank Me Later"

WillAnderson79Willie Anderson Oh there is no news now on Carson for now. Politics as Usual for now! I was just think out loud.

ESPNCincinnatiESPN Sources inside org. say a "line of communication" has opened b/w Carson Palmer and Mike Brown, possibly regarding return to #Bengals ...

WillAnderson79Willie Anderson Sometime people need A Shock Wave sent thru them to Really See What You See! Their Vision is blurred , so they won't believe u when u speak

WillAnderson79Willie Anderson History has been filled with Men/Women doing unpopular things to get Changes! Changes that everyone don't know about or don't care about.

and the newest::

WillAnderson79 @OreoBrien He just left Cincy recently is all I'm saying. Time for everyone to Move on. I was wrong. I tried convincing cuz I want him back

25 minutes ago

WillAnderson79 @OreoBrien Cmon Man. How can another man break your heart? Cmon Dude! Lol I talked to CP today. My conclusion was Wrong.

Nothing to see here. He will be back at some point, if only because his bluff is called and his ploy revealed. Unless he is coming back for, say, Monday, he's pretty useless at this point. New playbook, team moving on, and, frankly, the guy just isn't all that swift. Never was, looking back on it. That was the knock on him coming out of USC. And, over time, he kinda proved it. So I wouldn't be all that jazzed about him having to pick up a playbook at this late date.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least. It would speak more about Mike Brown than anything he could say, by bringing a quitter back to lead this young team. Even if this team would finish better with Carson under center, I feel it would be counterproductive in the long run. But whatever, it's been known for some time that he would not only welcome him back, but simply hand the starting position back to him.

Freakin Carson just stay away!!! He hurt this team, because he decided to wake up one morning and realize he dosnt want to play for the Bengals anymore. He hated Mike Brown that much that he couldnt take it anymore, even though Mike went out and brought him the players that you personally asked for, even though Mike Brown decided to make him one rich man, even though he didnt deserve it half the time. That crap bothers me, and now its ok for him to come to play, bull crap he wanted to stay home with his wife and kids, then do it!!

Would anyone really be surprised if Mike reached out with a "Boomer" offer? Come back and play one more season then we'll trade you?

I think that has disaster written all over it, but obviously I'm not Mike Brown.

Would anyone really be surprised if Mike Brown turned out to be a mole for the Steelers organization? Can anybody be this incompetent on accident?

He's not coming back. Incredible talent, but a spoiled, preppy rich kid who'd rather be at home in front of a fire and playing golf is not what any midwest team needs...the Big Ben type would've been perfect here, but you have to do your homework on guys and develop intricate plans for such things, something Brown doesn't have the ability to do. Palmer had a sense of entitlement that would only work for very few teams (San Diego or Indy would've been ideal for him). Meh, I appreciate what he did accomplish here, he was fun to watch until last year really, but like Bledsoe, burned out fast due to his style and attitude.

I liked Carson. With him we got back to the playoffs (well not just because of him). After he got hurt he never really looked like the same guy but thats just the way it goes sometime.... <_<

PFT made the point that if Palmer decided to come back now... with Dalton and Gradkowski on the team, it would mean that Jordan would certainly be out of a job.

So when MB resigned Palmer... maybe it wasn't an attempt to bring Palmer back, it was an attempt to keep him away. If so... is MB an evil genius?