Housh...released UPDATE Housh a Raven

cincyhokie

He does NOT help where they need it, which is a speed receiver.

He's yet another hands guy who has to work over the middle.

Not bothered by this.

ETA: And, as a bonus, this will likely get extra attention from the Steelers in week 4 (last week without Roeth) against Baltimore. They really don't like Housh...

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not bothered by this.

ETA: And, as a bonus, this will likely get extra attention from the Steelers in week 4 (last week without Roeth) against Baltimore. They really don't like Housh...

I will be joining in on the warm reception for TJ on week 2.

This kind of screams desperation for TJ. Dp you think he chose the Ravens because he thinks they are good or in a way to get back at Bengals. Itll be nice to watch the city turn on him quickly if he doesnt stay iin line.

poor TJ

Not bothered by this.

Reason this kind of bothers me is the weekness of the defense is over the middle. I didnt want TJ back, but man now he is in the division. Your right though they didnt get a speed reciever, so hope this move bites the Ravens in the butt

That's too bad. While I had grown tired of him I think his toughness and work ethic helped this team rise to their success in 2005. Really sorry to see him go there but at least it's not Pittsburgh.

His head's gotta be spinning. Released by the 'hawks and picked up by a team he used to despise. I guess he's gonna take it out on us since we didn't want him back. Hopefully he'll have big games against the Steelers.

Before anyone stresses about this...do you think Adam Jones can cover TJ?

Because, well, I sure as f**k do.

Cover him? No doubt. Tackle him? Hmmmm....

From what I understand out of Seattle, TJ can be timed with a sundial. Pretty sure Jones can tackle him.

I will NOT be surprised if [TJ's new] team is in the AFC North, and is not based in Cincinnati

:-)

TJ was a Raven-killer several times as best I recall, and as a result I am sure the club has an immense amount of respect (there's that word again) for his abilities.

And despite their CB situation, they are picked by many to win the division. And they do have an up-and-coming quarterback. Good pickup for the Ravens, and a good situation for TJ.

What the Hell, Baltimore? How many possession receivers can you collect? :lol:

I don't buy into all the locker room chemistry bulls**t, so I don't think he'll do any damage in that regard. I simply wonder what the hell he'll be used for there. He's an excellent backup for both Boldin and Mason, but they still have nobody but Mark Clayton and the very injured Donte Stallworth to stretch the field.

What the Hell, Baltimore? How many possession receivers can you collect? :lol:

I don't buy into all the locker room chemistry bulls**t, so I don't think he'll do any damage in that regard. I simply wonder what the hell he'll be used for there. He's an excellent backup for both Boldin and Mason, but they still have nobody but Mark Clayton and the very injured Donte Stallworth to stretch the field.

This.

Apparently TJ picked Baltimore after getting passionate with Ray Lewis.

"Ray said, 'If you want to win, this is the place to be,''' Houshmandzadeh told USA TODAY Monday after agreeing to a one-year, $855,000 deal with the Ravens. "The way he is on the field is how he is off the field. Passionate. Our conversation was passionate and insightful."

After which they left their candlelit oyster dinner to check out Ray's purple silk sheets...

(Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course.:))

My initial instinct is that this is a good thing. The red zone offense with Boldin, Mason, Housh, Heap and Ray Rice sounds just fine to me.

I also have no concerns about locker room chemistry as I never worry about locker room chemistry with this team.

My initial instinct is that this is a good thing.

I definitely don't think it's a bad thing. Everyone constantly questions Boldin's ability to stay healthy, so now the Ravens have a poor man's Boldin right behind him. I don't think this makes the Ravens a better team really, but it'll be valuable depth. He came cheap too.

I don't know whether the Ravens will try three receiver sets with Boldin, Mason, and Housh. They're all the same guy, at different stages of age and health. This makes me wonder how bad Demetrius Williams really was, since he seemed the only viable deep threat left after Stallworth got hurt.

My initial instinct is that this is a good thing. The red zone offense with Boldin, Mason, Housh, Heap and Ray Rice sounds just fine to me.

I also have no concerns about locker room chemistry as I never worry about locker room chemistry with this team.

Go back and see some of his comments towards his team when he wasn't getting the ball much in Seattle. I like Flacco but he's the kind of guy (being young)that TJ will probably think he can get his way with.