Housh...released UPDATE Housh a Raven

cincyhokie

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like TJ being in the division - knows too much.

Luckily this team has changed quite a bit from 2008 to 2009 to 2010.

It's still Brat/Palmer/Chad and largely the same system he was in for so many years. I just don't like having to face him twice a year or making another division rival better in any way. Let's hope he doesn't have big games against the Bengals.

It's not a huge deal ultimately, as he's wearing down and needs a top QB to be effective, but just don't like the idea at all of him being a Raven.

Apparently TJ picked Baltimore after getting passionate with Ray Lewis.

"Ray said, 'If you want to win, this is the place to be,''' Houshmandzadeh told USA TODAY Monday after agreeing to a one-year, $855,000 deal with the Ravens. "The way he is on the field is how he is off the field. Passionate. Our conversation was passionate and insightful."

After which they left their candlelit oyster dinner to check out Ray's purple silk sheets...

(Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course.:))

There's a Clint Eastwood quote from Heartbreak Ridge that escapes me right now but it has something to do with holding hands and taking warm showers together.

I don't like TJ being in the division - knows too much.

Luckily this team has changed quite a bit from 2008 to 2009 to 2010.

It's still Brat/Palmer/Chad and largely the same system he was in for so many years. I just don't like having to face him twice a year or making another division rival better in any way. Let's hope he doesn't have big games against the Bengals.

It's not a huge deal ultimately, as he's wearing down and needs a top QB to be effective, but just don't like the idea at all of him being a Raven.

Yeah, I don't either but the truth is that Housh didn't do ANYTHING against the good teams and in the few big games the Seahawks had last year. Also, Im sure the Ravens got the Bengals playbook when Willie was there and we swept them last year.

Damn, I just realized the Ravens will be able to stretch down the field 15 yards! Boldin, Mason, and Housh. That's deep threat scary!

Looks like the Ravens just traded Clayton.

/>http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...ound_pick.html

A 36 year old slow WR, a 33 year old possession receiver, and a possession receiver with bad knees and injury problems.

Well I can't wait to see what he does to the Ravens locker room especially when he isn't getting the ball. Of course one thing about this is the Ravens "Awesome" personel department has yet to develop a wide receiver in the entire time they have been in Baltimore. This despite using plenty of picks on them.

Apparently TJ picked Baltimore after getting passionate with Ray Lewis.

"Ray said, 'If you want to win, this is the place to be,''' Houshmandzadeh told USA TODAY Monday after agreeing to a one-year, $855,000 deal with the Ravens. "The way he is on the field is how he is off the field. Passionate. Our conversation was passionate and insightful."

After which they left their candlelit oyster dinner to check out Ray's purple silk sheets...

(Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course.:))

There's a Clint Eastwood quote from Heartbreak Ridge that escapes me right now but it has something to do with holding hands and taking warm showers together.

Gunny Highway remarks "Just because we're holding hands doesn't mean we'll be taking warm showers together until the wee hours of the morning."

Awesome movie. A family fave.

It's always drama with this guy. When he was here, constant upheaval. Even changing teams has to be a big soap opera, can't just go somewhere and win. He's like the 10th grade cheerleader who dumps the quarterback, then with 200 other guys in school, takes up with the running back. TJ's just a drama queen. Also, what happened to wanting to be on the west coast so you could see your family more?

PS - I hope he comes to Cinci and gets knocked the f**k out.

I hear people back here in Cincinnati talking about this like the Bengals are going to regret letting TJ go.

I remind them TJ wasn't going to come back to the Bengals regardless, as there was an offer on the table not off of what he got.

Their response ?? "Oh yeah, well f*ck him"...

I really don't care, as he doesn't play any position in their secondary. I always liked TJ for the most part, but when push came to shove, he really showed he wasn't the player many Bengals fans thought he was. Will he get some plays against the Bengals ?? I would suspect he will, but once again, I don't care.

It's still one big F*CK YOU TJ !!!

I posted this in the NFL forum and will repeat here:

I hear people back here in Cincinnati talking about this like the Bengals are going to regret letting TJ go.

I remind them TJ wasn't going to come back to the Bengals regardless, as there was an offer on the table not far off of what he got.

Their response ?? "Oh yeah, well f*ck him"...

I really don't care, as he doesn't play any position in their secondary. I always liked TJ for the most part, but when push came to shove, he really showed he wasn't the player many Bengals fans thought he was. Will he get some plays against the Bengals ?? I would suspect he will, but once again, I don't care.

It's still one big F*CK YOU TJ !!!

My apologies for our very own TJ for any confusion...

:sure:

Will he get some plays against the Bengals ?? I would suspect he will, but once again, I don't care.

I'll be interested to see how they use him. We all know he's an underneath type of guy. He sucks downfield, having neither the footspeed, cuts, or sideline footwork to be a #1 type of receiver. Somehow, the Seahawks didn't know that. Additionally, TJ himself seems not to know that, since he said some things on the way out the door about being able to be a complete receiver in SEA, his role in the Bengals' offense holding him back, yada yada.

My hope is that they try to make him a 'real' receiver rather than playing to his strengths (as the Bengals did). If that happens, we will not have to worry much about him at all.

It's always drama with this guy. When he was here, constant upheaval. Even changing teams has to be a big soap opera, can't just go somewhere and win. He's like the 10th grade cheerleader who dumps the quarterback, then with 200 other guys in school, takes up with the running back. TJ's just a drama queen. Also, what happened to wanting to be on the west coast so you could see your family more?

PS - I hope he comes to Cinci and gets knocked the f**k out.

Thats what I'm talkin' about Central!!! I love that the Ravens picked up Housh. Remember how much Housh said he hated the Ravens?? He's a douchbag and I hope he get's knocked the F out by one of our LB's or Safeties.

My 2 cents. I always liked TJ (and still do, to tell the truth). I know he comes off as an arrogant whiny a$$hole and maybe that's how he is in person, too (never met the guy). I wasn't rooting for him to come back to Cincy, (just weird and wrong -- like hooking up with an ex you still hate) but I still respect his game and his work ethic.

I don't know how successful he'll be against his former team (hopefully not) but I would ask my fellow 'Zoners to remember that he was ALWAYS a Steeler killer. And for that reason alone, it's good to have him back in the AFC North in a Raven uni.

TJ is still a good receiver, but let's not fool ourselves....He's a possession Receiver who max's out at 10 Yards Per Reception, also, I like that both Hall and JJoe know his tendencies having practiced against him for a few years. Not concerned.

Here's the two-fold problem. Yes, he's a 10-yard per catch guy. Guess what? That's all you need to move chains and...the Bengals' defense has been historically known for allowing teams to chew field with little piddly 5-10 yard dumps. Last year they were a little better, but still...

The only thing good about this is that the receiver corps for the Ravens isn't stacked. Contain Boldin deep, focus on TJ if they rely on him in the slot.

Problem is, now their playbook will entail three slow guys running a 7-yard in and smacking into each other.

Sure, but Housh provides another handy checkdown option Flacco, a QB who thrives when protected and one who geeks it up a little when pressured. So I don't really see a bunch of guys all doing the same thing so much as I see a vast safety net surrounding their QB.

Remember, Boldin gets hurt almost as much as Todd "collapsed in a" Heap.

Sure, but Housh provides another handy checkdown option Flacco, a QB who thrives when protected and one who geeks it up a little when pressured. So I don't really see a bunch of guys all doing the same thing so much as I see a vast safety net surrounding their QB.

If they had a deep threat, I'd agree. Problem is (for them not us), now the safeties can hang out in the backfield. For sure, our D needs to be prepared for a highly polished game of dink and dunk.

Remember, Boldin gets hurt almost as much as Todd "collapsed in a" Heap.

If you're talking about the hit where he got his face caved in and held onto the ball, all that proves is that he's one tough SOB. By all means TJ was a great deal for them - basically, they found somebody to pay their bills - but having him in the division doesn't strike fear in my heart. And I was a TJ fan when he was here.