Housh...released UPDATE Housh a Raven

cincyhokie

With the right QB (maybe like Flacco) and RB attack (like Rice), he can go back to being a 1st down machine.

We all know he has very good hands but he is not a quick as he used to be, so the Ravens might have just landed their "Coles" for the year.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they had a deep threat, I'd agree. Problem is (for them not us), now the safeties can hang out in the backfield.

That's just the point, Mason wasn't going to give them a credible deep threat so safeties were going to crowd the box regardless. With Housh the Ravens, and Flacco specifically, are far better prepared to deal with that.

For sure, our D needs to be prepared for a highly polished game of dink and dunk.

Yup.

By all means TJ was a great deal for them - basically, they found somebody to pay their bills - but having him in the division doesn't strike fear in my heart. And I was a TJ fan when he was here.

I'm not sure TJ ever struck fear into an opponents heart, but even if his days of 100 receptions are long gone, and it's a safe bet they are, it's just as true to say he's cheap insurance for a rival whose trying as hard to win now as the Bengals.

That's just the point, Mason wasn't going to give them a credible deep threat so safeties were going to crowd the box regardless. With Housh the Ravens, and Flacco specifically, are far better prepared to deal with that.

That's a dangerous game. Think about how our offense slowed down last year without Henry. Take away the guy who keeps the safeties honest, and things may slow down. Now admittedly both TJ and Boldin are a sight better than Coles. Still, I like knowing that the Ravens won't be stretching the field much.

it's just as true to say he's cheap insurance for a rival whose trying as hard to win now as the Bengals.

No question he's worth the $800k they're paying him. It's a great pickup. I think the general reaction to it is a might overblown.

That's a dangerous game. Think about how our offense slowed down last year without Henry. Take away the guy who keeps the safeties honest, and things may slow down.

But if it's a dangerous game, and it is, the Ravens were resigned to it anyways. Because they don't have a Chris Henry on their roster and Mason wasn't going to help them a bit as a deep threat. In fact, getting anything in trade return for Mason at this point is fairly remarkable.

No question he's worth the $800k they're paying him. It's a great pickup. I think the general reaction to it is a might overblown.

I actually don't know what the general reaction has been. I've been away from my computer and only found out about his signing an hour or so ago.

So apparently TJ is already talking saying that the Bengals coaches were always nervous before playing Ravens because of their D.

I guess you didn't make them feel confident TJ.

Never part of the problem this guy.

Now he claims he is part of the Ravens already.

I welcome him to keep his gums flapping. In due time he will piss everyone off. Most notably those in the greater DC area.

But we have beaten the Ravens more than they have us, sooooooo.....

They will be dink and dunking on the defense, and thats not good for this defense. Problem last year and in the preseason, the Bengals couldnt stop the screen or stop anyone over the middle. I dont know why, but Zim needs to find a way to fix this or teams will use it against them all the time.

They will be dink and dunking on the defense, and thats not good for this defense. Problem last year and in the preseason, the Bengals couldnt stop the screen or stop anyone over the middle. I dont know why, but Zim needs to find a way to fix this or teams will use it against them all the time.

Need to be disciplined and not over commit. Quit going for arm fakes.

Basically, just settle down D.

Maybe it's just my reduced expectations, but this D is *miles* better at stopping screens and swing passes than under Chucky B. Right, I know that's like saying that Roethlisberger is smarter than the kids on the short bus, but still.

Actually, I might take the kids in the short bus on that one. I need a better analogy.

So apparently TJ is already talking saying that the Bengals coaches were always nervous before playing Ravens because of their D.

I guess you didn't make them feel confident TJ.

Never part of the problem this guy.

Now he claims he is part of the Ravens already.

I welcome him to keep his gums flapping. In due time he will piss everyone off. Most notably those in the greater DC area.

But we have beaten the Ravens more than they have us, sooooooo.....

Don't dare bringing up that fact to anyone outside Cincinnati. It might cause a disturbance in the universe.

Maybe it's just my reduced expectations, but this D is *miles* better at stopping screens and swing passes than under Chucky B. Right, I know that's like saying that Roethlisberger is smarter than the kids on the short bus, but still.

Actually, I might take the kids in the short bus on that one. I need a better analogy.

This defense is 10 times better at many things under Zim, then Chuck. With that said the screen and over the middle defense is still the weakness of the team. I just hope Zim finds a way to fix it, if he does that will be big for this team.

I can't comment on how you guys feel about Housh, but I can comment on the football.

This offense isn't built to be the greatest show on turf. The Ravens receivers are not burners but that doesn't mean they aren't hard to cover. If speed was all that mattered none of these guys would have been successful throughout their careers. They can get the job done but I will admit they aren't in the same class as an Andre Johnson, but then who is? The offense didn't have a speed guy last year either and they did okay.

Remember, this is a run first team. I hope Housh can run block.

If speed was all that mattered none of these guys would have been successful throughout their careers.

I don't buy that premise. Chad, Henry, and TJ made each other better better because Henry kept the safeties honest, Chad required a safety shaded his way because his routes are excellent, and TJ cleaned up all the short stuff.

You don't have that. Flacco and Ray Rice will be able to smell safeties' breath all year long.

;)

I can't comment on how you guys feel about Housh, but I can comment on the football.

This offense isn't built to be the greatest show on turf. The Ravens receivers are not burners but that doesn't mean they aren't hard to cover. If speed was all that mattered none of these guys would have been successful throughout their careers. They can get the job done but I will admit they aren't in the same class as an Andre Johnson, but then who is? The offense didn't have a speed guy last year either and they did okay.

If I was a Ravens fan, I'd be worried about how the secondary will defend against the pass in relation to how quickly the Ravens offense can score.

The way the Ravens are built, if they go down by 14 plus points, they're in a world of hurt. That offense is not built to score points quickly.

There was a quick note on PFT about Housh and how he didn't want to trash Seattle on his way out, but without outwardly trashing them, he did. As it goes on, it appears the Seahawks were simply sick of TJ running his mouth about how great he thinks he is. That sh*t gets old regardless of the situation and I can't wait to see him this season. He's a b*tch...

NOT CONCERNED ONE BIT ABOUT HIM OR THE RAVENS

NO INTIMIDATION

NO FEAR

NOTHING

Next...

it appears the Seahawks were simply sick of TJ running his mouth about how great he thinks he is. That sh*t gets old

The Seahawks knew if they cut him, they'd still owe him about $6 million for this year, offset by whatever contract he signed elsewhere. They knew he'd sign a vet minimum, which he did for $855,000.00 with the Ravens. So they knew they were going to be paying TJ over $5 million dollars to play football somewhere this year.

They decided they'd rather pay him to play somewhere else.

No one one ESPN or the NFL Network is talking about that. They just say this signing puts Baltimore in the drivers seat for the AFC. No one wonders why Seattle cut him?

his salary for next year wasn't guaranteed at all, so they knew he'd be cut then (33 years old and never been fast etc.), so they made the smart choice to cut him now and get the young guys some reps.

He was a 4.49 guy coming out of his combine

so he may not be fast now, but the 'never been' part is incorrect

40 yd dash speed and football speed are two different things dork-o. TJ's slow, always has been.

my thoughts exactly. plus, i can't recall many occasions when TJ would sprint 30 yards downfield and catch a deep ball... unlike Ochocinco and TO. those guys on the outside, with shipley and caldwell over the middle? along with gresham? that's firepower right there... :bengal:

his salary for next year wasn't guaranteed at all, so they knew he'd be cut then (33 years old and never been fast etc.), so they made the smart choice to cut him now and get the young guys some reps.

He was a 4.49 guy coming out of his combine

so he may not be fast now, but the 'never been' part is incorrect

40 yd dash speed and football speed are two different things dork-o. TJ's slow, always has been.

It is unsurprising that a utter moron like yourself would agree with an established falsehood