Housh...released UPDATE Housh a Raven

cincyhokie

Per Joe Reedy, the Jets, Cards, Chargers and Vikes have all made trade offers and Housh will probably be moved to one of those teams today.

Makes sense. During the Cards last preseason game the announcers spent some time discussing the coming roster cuts. Long story short the announcers claimed they had been told numerous NFL front offices, including Arizona's, had been "working the phones" inquiring about where they might find additional WR help....only to conclude that across the NFL landscape the interest in soon to be released WR's and CB's was very strong and the competition for their services would be intense. As a result the interest in trading for veterans like Crayton and Vincent Jackson was said to have gotten much stronger in the last week. Presumably Housh would have been mentioned but his story hadn't really broken yet.

FWIW, it all made me wonder, not about Housh, but if anything had changed in regards to the Bengals wideouts. For example, does Simpson have trade value now? Does Quan? How about Caldwell?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ESPN says no trade. Housh officially cut. Multiple teams involved in rumors lining up...to express they have no interest.

Housh, dangling in the wind.

Well he has no one to blame but himself. He was racking up big stats while in Cincy, then got greedy thinking he could be a #1 WR. Well think again Tourage.

And while we're on the subject of former Bengals on the block, it looks like the Eagles are trying to dump the Dancing Bear. :lmao:

We saw he was still junk when the Bengals played them two weeks ago.

Schefter says the Seahags traded for him...

Are the Seahawks trying to catch up with the Raiders and Redskins for terrible aquisitions? Why would you TRADE for him???

Good lord...

And while we're on the subject of former Bengals on the block, it looks like the Eagles are trying to dump the Dancing Bear. :lmao:

We saw he was still junk when the Bengals played them two weeks ago.

Schefter says the Seahags traded for him...

Yea and as soon as this happens there offensive line coach Alex Gibbs quit lol lol

/>http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20100905/SPT02/309020093/1055/NEWS/Marvin-Lewis-Reunion-with-TJ-unlikely

Marvin says probably not to TJ

Tourage had his chance, and he totally blew it. Let him take the long hard walk out of the NFL, for that seems to be his destination.

Now that he picked up the big bonus from the Seahawks, I think he will pick his next destination more on a chance to win a ring rather than a chance to line his wallet.

This is a guy who wants to be respected, regardless of whether it is deserved or not. The ring gets you that.

Yeah, he likes money, hell, who doesn't? We all do. But some contending team will get him for less money than he might get otherwise because of the shot at a ring. Particularly if it is a place where he can rationalize that it was HIS ADDITION that put the team over the top. And I will NOT be surprised if that team is in the AFC North, and is not based in Cincinnati, but if I had a dollar to bet, and just for the record I don't, I'd put it on Minnesota

I really don't dislike the guy, but he does have ego issues; and I really believe he'd still be here and be much beloved if he didn't have those issues.

Ravens signed him?

Fine.

He's SLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. Slow.

He doesn't solve what they lost when Stallworth broke his foot. What it means is Boldin, Mason and Housh will all be tripping over themselves running 10 yards downfield and turning around.

Now he plays with the Ravens, that is not good. I didnt want TJ, but i also didnt want him to go anywhere in the division, and now ends up with the Ravens.

I thought this may happen with Stallworths injury.

Well, they better keep him happy and run their offense exactly how he sees fit or else he will talk.

I dont like it but I wonder if he will bring them down a bit in the clubhouse.

ahhh- the Bengals poison pill worked. I wonder if there will be stories about the Ravens ego driven locker room?