Random 2023 Bengals stuff before FA and what not

membengal

I can admit being pissed at Ossai. Matter of fact, the whole way back to the car I kept muttering, “Why are you that close to the QB in that instance?”. Over and over. I was beside myself. I couldn’t believe we lost that game. I truly thought we were going to overtime and that we would have found a way to win. I FELT THAT FOR REAL !! The disappointment was real, to lose the game that way despite blowing opportunities throughout the game. Fucking Ossai !!!

It wasn’t until I cooled off and was able to look at it outside of the viewpoint of the fan in the stands, that I was able to grasp what really happened. We still lost the fucking game, but that one play was not the only reason why.

Happy to see the leadership from Zac and Ossai’s team mates. Hope he comes back stronger next year. We are going to need him !!

• Like 1

I think the NFL would be wise to remove all the "safety" related fouls from the field of play.    Then after the game is completed start having reviews of safety via video.   Start assigning safety scores to player that ultimately escalate into fines, suspensions etc.   Just throw the flag in blatant situations. 

One more emphasis of rules by refs just  make them look incompetent and the league is fixed.    

It would be great to see him sign a retirement deal with the Bengals for a day or whatever it is and have a proper send off from a Bengals crowd during the home opener.
While understanding that AJ is a lowkey guy, that would be an event he and his family could look back on for a lifetime.  Something they would never forget.
The fans and stadium would be going crazy to kick off the 2023 season.  I know I wouldn't miss it.

• Thanks 1

Interesting little thought experiment here: https://sports.yahoo.com/early-look-projected-compensatory-picks-105523362.html

In other words, if the Bengals lose their biggest free agents this summer and don’t offset the losses with outside signings, they’d be looking at roughly one extra fourth-rounder, a pair of fifth-rounders and one sixth-rounder (based on the potential losses of Jessie Bates, Germaine Pratt, Hayden Hurst and Vonn Bell).

That’s just a result of estimates piled on estimates, so actual mileage will vary.

1 hour ago, HoosierCat said:

Interesting little thought experiment here: https://sports.yahoo.com/early-look-projected-compensatory-picks-105523362.html

That’s just a result of estimates piled on estimates, so actual mileage will vary.

I know this is a little back to the future thinking under Marvin, but.....    If they could adequately replace those FA losses via players cut and net those comp picks it would be a major off season win.

I would think you could even resign Hurst and still net a similar amount of picks.  

Well, if they do resign Burrow this off season and his signing doesn't have a huge year one impact to the cap, as seen by other contracts, they still may surprise with a free agent move or two.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not calling for a couple of high profile players, just what we have seen in recent years.  Solid players or better than may want to come here now.
This is the magic of Burrow.  Just like free agents asking Humphries if the Ravens are going to sign L. Jackson.  While players want to get paid, they want to win.
I'm not all pumped up about the off season and the draft, but come the beginning of April, I'm going to be "all in" giddy about 2023. 

I just need a nap.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

I know this is a little back to the future thinking under Marvin, but.....    If they could adequately replace those FA losses via players cut and net those comp picks it would be a major off season win.

I would think you could even resign Hurst and still net a similar amount of picks.  

Hurst or Bell. They’ll be 30 and 29 respectively so they shouldn’t command big bucks if the Bengals want to bring them back. It seems like Bates is already gone. Pratt is the proverbial $64k question.

But yeah if that estimate is anywhere near accurate, that’s a valuable little cache of picks. And given that they have to pay not only Joe but Jamar as well, every shot at inexpensive talent counts.

Mike won’t have any answers on who they’ll sign until he emerges from his darkness retreat in the tool shed behind his Indian Hill McMansion.  4 days and nights of complete darkness and silence, exactly what a Marvin Lewis halftime locker room must have seemed like.  

• Haha 2

On 2/7/2023 at 11:40 PM, COB said:

Mike won’t have any answers on who they’ll sign until he emerges from his darkness retreat in the tool shed behind his Indian Hill McMansion.  4 days and nights of complete darkness and silence, exactly what a Marvin Lewis halftime locker room must have seemed like.  

Rumors are Aaron Rodgers has joined him in that shed.  

• Haha 1