General Free Agency Thread

HoosierCat

regarding Trai Turner

I did some additional reading, and agree. 

tho he did have a VERY rough year last year.....sorta kinda like Geno?

While I'd ultimately prefer we obtain Norwell's services (Norwell hasnt been cut yet, and might not be) I think Turner'd even be better than Zeitler if healthy, and I saw no indications in anything I read that he isnt healthy now

That said, staying healthy has been a problem for him throughout his career

1 hour ago, COB said:

Bills are proactive because they have a good young passer on his rookie (price controlled) deal.  They know their window, the ability to expend maximum resources around their bargain QB, is right now.  

uhm.........uhhhh........

*whispers to COB that our situation is exactly the same except we have far more work to do than the AFC 2nd place finisher*

• Like 1

That's a real kick in the balls.   Not an expensive deal either.   So far 2 OL targets signed and none of them I would declare to be reckless "breaking the bank" type deals.

So it would be nice to land a couple to address the biggest weakness.  

Edit: So I guess the bright side is the Ravens were snooping in on Thuney, so maybe this takes them out of the running?  But it's probably a couple hours away of learning Thuney will sign somewhere else for a reasonable deal.

I am as pre-panicked as anyone, but Reader wasn't until day 2 last year. 

It's just that o-line options that will immediately help are thinning out quickly. Norwell re-structed to stay put. Williams and Moton got tagged or did deals. Zeitler scooped up. They really can't wait and truly improve the line. 

• Like 1

Their best use of time right now would be nailing down Lawson and/orJackson. Those guys they can sign right now. The last thing we need (and we’ve seen it before) is for them to miss out on their top FA targets *and* bleed talent of their own.

• Like 1