General Free Agency Thread

HoosierCat

• 2 months later...

JJ Watt couldn't stop Brandon Allen and Bobby Hart from putting up 30+ on them.  Then he threw the entire lockeroom under the bus. 

He will probably go to Pittsburgh adding to the annoying factor of the franchise but I think JJ's best days are gone.   Although Joe Haden has had some good years there.   They know how to work that defensive scheme at key points and then get most out of role players.

I think Watt -- like AJ -- has satisfied his needs for cash and will be looking to join a team where he can get a ring

I would love to see AJ get a ring.  I really would.  Great player, great human being.  I will always be an AJ fan.

I think it is more than fair to say that Cincinnati is not quite yet that team :-)

The Carson Wentz saga in Philadelphia is finito.

The Eagles agreed to trade Wentz to the Indianapolis Colts in exchange for a 2021 third-round pick and a conditional 2022 second-rounder, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported Thursday, per a source informed of the situation.

The 2022 conditional second-round pick becomes a first-round selection if Wentz plays 75 percent of the snaps in 2021, or 70 percent and the Colts make the playoffs, Garafolo added.

Trading Wentz two years after inking him to an extension will leave the Eagles with $33.82 million in dead money on their 2021 salary cap, the largest dead cap hit in NFL history.

For Philly, Hurts currently moves to the QB1 role after showing brief flashes down the stretch of the season. The question heading toward the draft is whether GM Howie Roseman believes Hurts is the future or whether using the No. 6 overall pick on another QB is prudent.

Given that giant dead money hit and now having extra picks, you have to think Philly being the one to move up to 3 is getting close to a lock.

https://www.nfl.com/news/carson-wentz-trade-philadelphia-eagles-indianapolis-colts

2 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

Given that giant dead money hit and now having extra picks, you have to think Philly being the one to move up to 3 is getting close to a lock.

https://www.nfl.com/news/carson-wentz-trade-philadelphia-eagles-indianapolis-colts

If Philly moves up, are they moving up for a QB?  I'm getting worried about the Jets at 2.  They could snatch our guy.  Life is unfair.  

4 minutes ago, COB said:

If Philly moves up, are they moving up for a QB?  I'm getting worried about the Jets at 2.  They could snatch our guy.  Life is unfair.  

I cannot imagine the new staff rolling with Darnold. They could, I suppose, but I doubt it. Enough rumblings of several teams having Wilson ahead of Lawrence that I am positive that if the Jets don't trade out they stay put and take Wilson. 

1 hour ago, membengal said:

I cannot imagine the new staff rolling with Darnold. They could, I suppose, but I doubt it. Enough rumblings of several teams having Wilson ahead of Lawrence that I am positive that if the Jets don't trade out they stay put and take Wilson. 

Great news.  Notify me when I need to start a draft-stock-crashing rumor about Sewell.  We'll get him down to five somehow.  

It is infuriating watching teams ahead of us in the draft.  They don’t deserve Sewell.  None of them have suffered like we’ve suffered.  Mike has almost gleefully inflicted upon us one grossly incompetent lineman after another.  Ghiaciuc, Ogbuehi, Bodine, Price.  

No one has endured the glacier of shit that we’ve had to endure.  Their pain is like, “gosh, we suck this year but our owner will spend us out of this.”  Our pain, our suffering, is oblivion.  

I’ll paraphrase my friend John Green; the problem with being a Bengal fan is not suffering itself or oblivion itself but the depraved meaninglessness of these things, the absolutely inhuman nihilism of suffering, of being a Bengal fan.  

If by chance Penei Sewell is reading this, we’re just kidding around on this message board.  You’ll love it here.  If anyone writes on here that the last 30 years has been one long baleful stare into the abyss, that is a kind of code some guys use around here.  

• Like 1