2nd Round: Joe Mixon, RB, Oklahoma

HoosierCat

They absolutely must shore up the defense.  Would they really draft Mixon, a known woman puncher, after you just let Burkhead, an above average back who's appearing soon on the Trinity Broadcast Network to testify how much he loves the lord?

Wait, that does sound like Mike.   

• Like 1

19 picks went to defense in the first round.   I think one talking head had it right saying that it was a deep defensive draft grab offense first then defense. 

My hope is Cook/Mixon end up at 41 to the Bengals.   More elite offensive talent and eventually teams that have taken Defense back off and 1 of the top defenders finds it way to 73.

Someone like Demarcus Walker from FSU. 

Re: shoring up the defense - there is a good chance they will view return to health from Hardison and Billings along with maturation of Vigil to go with signing Minter as already doing that...I would not be surprised to see them go RB with this pick, at all. 

56 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

19 picks went to defense in the first round.   I think one talking head had it right saying that it was a deep defensive draft grab offense first then defense. 

My hope is Cook/Mixon end up at 41 to the Bengals.   More elite offensive talent and eventually teams that have taken Defense back off and 1 of the top defenders finds it way to 73.

Someone like Demarcus Walker from FSU. 

I agree with this. I think they'll have great options there. Could they move up to grab one of the O lineman? That's possible and I'd support it. If they stay put, and Mixon/Kamara are there, you'd have to snag one, with Hill just meh and Google on the mend. 

Only GB and the Jets are RB needy before 41, so one of the better RBs will be there. I'd take Cook if I'm GB, Jets take Kamara, leaves us with Mixon (a top 5 football player in this draft), hard to dislike this outcome if it happens. Honestly. 

Taking Ross has flipped my thinking about 2017. Things got sunny in a hurry. 

As far as 1st round WR picks go, I'm very happy with Ross. I think he WILL be an elite talent right out of the gate (providing his shoulder heals up). 

I was disappointed we couldn't trade back or deal McCarron with all the talent still available. It sure would've been nice to have 2 first rounders - heck, picks 31 and 32 (Foster and Ramczyk) would've been fantastic. 

But Ross will be great. He is a stud. There's no doubt in my mind he has the football ability to back up the elite speed.

EDIT: oops - meant to write this in the Ross thread. my bad, folks...

O-line for me please.

As alluded to by Membengal the D will see a natural injection of fresh blood as we have Billings, Hardison and DeShawn coming into account, we've swapped out LNR for Minter and have Vigil and PJ Dawson needing playing time. With Iloka, Derron Smith and Shawn Williams  and then add William Jackson along with Pacman, Dennard, Dre, and Josh Shaw and we have a quality defencive backfield., 

Yes we can do with something new on the pass rush front but the draft is deep for defence so lets go O in the 2nd

• Like 2

We aren't the only team interested in Mixon. Adding a RB like him or Cook would be ok by me. Do I like what he did ?? No, but Pac Man is in like chance 47, why not one for him?

Would love if Lamp fell but not counting on it. The other I would have no problem with is Zach Cunningham the MLB from Vandy.