Housh...released UPDATE Housh a Raven

cincyhokie

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81a3712c/article/seahawks-looking-to-trade-houshmandzadeh-save-over-7m?module=HP_headlines

The Seattle Seahawks like their emerging wide receivers and have made it know that veteran T.J. Houshmandzadeh, a top free-agent signing by their prior regime in 2009, is available, league sources said Thursday.

The market for Houshmandzadeh is very limited, according to the sources, for the same reason the Seahawks are looking to move him -- his salary. Houshmandzadeh is guaranteed to earn more than $7 million this season and is coming off an unproductive year. Executives with teams that are in the market for receivers say they have no interest in taking on Houshmandzadeh's contract.

Click on link for rest of article.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well well well looks like I'm a no1 reciever isnt wanted by the new guys in seattle.

/>http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81a3712c/article/seahawks-looking-to-trade-houshmandzadeh-save-over-7m?module=HP_headlines

if he came for cheap Id have him back but not for 7mil this year we allready wasted that with bryant

I'm thinking back to all the media people who blasted the Bengals for not doing whatever it took to keep TJ. Now with our rookie in the slot, looks like it was a pretty good move.

Any of those hacks going to recognize that it was a good move? Probably too busy publishing love letters to the Ravens to notice anything the Bengals do.

I'm thinking back to all the media people who blasted the Bengals for not doing whatever it took to keep TJ. Now with our rookie in the slot, looks like it was a pretty good move.

I'd compliment them but the only reason they didn't sign him was because he finally made it clear he wouldn't return under any circumstances.

No winners here.

/>http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81a3712c/article/seahawks-looking-to-trade-houshmandzadeh-save-over-7m?module=HP_headlines

The Seattle Seahawks like their emerging wide receivers and have made it know that veteran T.J. Houshmandzadeh, a top free-agent signing by their prior regime in 2009, is available, league sources said Thursday.

The market for Houshmandzadeh is very limited, according to the sources, for the same reason the Seahawks are looking to move him -- his salary. Houshmandzadeh is guaranteed to earn more than $7 million this season and is coming off an unproductive year. Executives with teams that are in the market for receivers say they have no interest in taking on Houshmandzadeh's contract.

Click on link for rest of article.

Allow me to say this about that...

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Nice work, Seahawks! Keep on truckin'!!

Updated: September 3, 2010, 6:22 PM ETSources: T.J. Houshmandzadeh gone?

By Adam Schefter

ESPN

Pending moves at the receiver position in Seattle will create reverbations around the NFL.

The Seattle Seahawks will cut ties with T.J. Houshmandzadeh by trading or releasing him, according to two league sources, and it will promote former Detroit first-round draft pick Mike Williams into its starting lineup for a Sept. 12 game against San Francisco.

The 32-year-old Houshmanzadeh caught 79 passes last season and will be a bargain for another team this season.

His Seahawks contract includes offset language that makes Seattle liable to pay Houshmanzadeh whatever his new team doesn't.

So if Houshmanzadeh were to sign a veteran minimum deal of $850,000, the Seahawks would be liable for the remaining $6.15 million balance.

Seattle signed Houshmanzadeh to a five-year, $40 million contract last offseason, and Seattle will wind up having paid him $15 million for his one season with the Seahawks.

Meanwhile, the 32-year-old Houshmanzadeh's departure means that Williams' story becomes one of the best and unlikeliest of the summer.

From Pffffttttttt......

Ochocinco will be "lobbying heavy" for Houshmandzadeh

Posted by Mike Florio on September 3, 2010 8:10 PM ET

After successfully getting the Bengals to bring Batman to town, Bengals receiver Chad Ochocinco has his sights set on a reunion with T.J. Houshmandzadeh, who is expected to be cut by the Seahawks if he's not traded.

Said Ochocinco on his Twitter page: "Disturbing news, i cant even fathom the thought of a reciever the caliber of Housh being traded let alone released, i will be lobbying heavy."

Ochocinco attributes his success to playing across from Houshmandzadeh. "I'd be happy to have him back," Ochocinco said.

Said Ochocinco on his Twitter page: "Disturbing news, i cant even fathom the thought of a reciever the caliber of Housh being traded let alone released, i will be lobbying heavy."

The things Chad "can't fathom" could fill five internets. Remember Marvin explaining to Chad that banks take their deposits and invest them elsewhere?

TJ would never come back here. He already knows the Bengals coaches are too stupid to recognize his very obvious capabilities as a no. 1 receiver (sarcasm). He'll be pursued pretty heavily after he gets cut. He's still a pretty good player.

The things Chad "can't fathom" could fill five internets. Remember Marvin explaining to Chad that banks take their deposits and invest them elsewhere?

TJ would never come back here. He already knows the Bengals coaches are too stupid to recognize his very obvious capabilities as a no. 1 receiver (sarcasm). He'll be pursued pretty heavily after he gets cut. He's still a pretty good player.

Yes teams will go after Douche because all they gotta pay him is a buck-five and Seattle has to eat the remainder of the 7 large. For a million five, MANY teams would be crazy not to give him a one year shot...

...but we aren't one of them.

Piss off, Douche!

This bridge is burnt, housh. I know this isn't a new idea, but let's not forget how different the locker room was after he left. He could have been one of the true great slot receivers but had to stoke that pride and go try and be a #1. TJ just ain't the same when he doesn't have Slim and Ocho getting so much attention. I think I'll take Gresham over TJ any day. And, by the looks of it, Shipley, too.