Week 16 (Saturday 12/23): Bengals @ Steelers Game Thread

HoosierCat

Zac against the AFC North teams shows me all that I need to, he is not very good. I don’t understand against all these other teams they look ready to go, but division games it’s like he forgot how to coach. The defense is a joke and Lou is becoming very overrated especially this year.

Well turned on the game saw the score, looks like season is over for them, it’s been a fun few weeks guy. Should be some changes coming, but not seeing that happening. Will be curious though to see how they want to make this team better going into next year. The way it is right now they will be going in worse, hopefully they can retain some guys and get some new blood in here as well. 

On 12/24/2023 at 12:51 PM, COB said:

Taylor needs to feel some heat.  This habit he’s fallen into of getting handled in the division can’t go on.  IMO he’s way too comfortable.

Zac needs to get his team better prepared out of August into September.   Especially in years with division games in the first two weeks.

However, he isn't and shouldn't catch any heat.  He had healthy Joe B. for less than 2 full quarters in division play.  Ravens weren't winning the North with Lamar on the sidelines previous years.  Ravens smartly resisted emotional fan out crys wanting Lamar or Harbaugh gone. 

There's been 3 coaches win the Central/North more than twice in a row.  Knoll, Cowher, Marty.  2 HOFers and Marty is the only Head Coach with 200+ wins not in HOF.    

The AFC North has avoided cycles like the other divisions.  It sucks, but the teams are good. 

All Zac did was take a bad situation and got everyone's hopes up.   I think its an incredible job extending playoff hopes post Burrow injury.   No way they are winless in the AFC North with Full Strength Burrow.

Steelers can't fire Tomlin soon enough.  I rather see them try to find a 4th straight 140+ game winner Head Coach.  Odds are they hopefully won't find HOF QBs and Coaches as easily.