Post-Draft Chatter

HoosierCat

I don’t think we’re used to the impact that Joe Burrow has. If he’s elite, and he is, he can turn avg TEs and WRs into impact players. The running game doesn’t need to be top tier. If the Bengals continue to draft line and defense heavy for the next 10 years they are going to be consistently a top 5 team.

• Thanks 1

If they are thinking TE, I’m sti good with Will Mallory from Miami, who had the fastest 40 at the Combine.

There are still a few RB’s I wouldn’t complain about either.

Not that we need a LB, but Noah Sowell was once thought to be a top end prospect and he’s still on the board as well. ESPN has Andre Carter listed as an OLB, but he played DE at Army his whole career. I like his upside.

Surprisingly, there are still some decent OT prospects there as well.

The amount of WR talent still in the board come day three is staggering. Chance to find a younger, faster TB, as much as that pains me to say. AT Perry still there is crazy.

Obviously, Dorian Thompson-Robinson is a QB I would readily welcome to the Jungle !! Can’t wait to see how this shakes out today !!

Gimme OT Jaelyn Duncan or TE Will Mallory or TE Noah Whyle in r4

Since they dont seem to be bringing Allen in, they'll need another QB at some point

Need to get a punter to replace Chrisman

A backup center to replace No-Knees Hill would be good

we could most definitely use someone with top notch PR/KR skills.  I think this would be the best spot to make an immediate impact on 2023

and of course a RB who can passblock and chip/receive

• HoosierCat changed the title to Post-Draft Chatter

Kirkland Story, interesting situation, could've been drafted higher last year until he found out he needed ankle surgery and withdrew his name.  First team All-Pac 10 for 3 years and All-American honors.  

https://www.koin.com/sports/jesuit-alum-jaxson-kirkland-hoping-to-hear-name-called-in-nfl-draft/

I give the overall draft a solid B.

There were picks I loved and picks I hated

One corner and one WR was enough, tho......they needed to spread the wealth around better, imo

I think they could have done a lot better in the later rounds, though taking the Punter was excellent

If the Bama safety turns out to be a contributor, this draft looks a LOT better

Overall, I hated this draft a lot less than the ones in the last 4-5 years

I am praying we pick up at least one good UDCFA ORT and TE