Week 11: Bengals @ Steelers

HoosierCat

Huber has been around a long time and has been a terrific punter.    I was surprised he made it out of camp as I thought it was close or the new guy was leading.

Now that the transition has been made hopefully we don't have a critical special teams mistake down the road tied to the new punter because that's all they'll hear about.

Can't remember the year but Huber avoiding a blocked punt by going around his back is an all-time highlight. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

Speaking of kicking, props to Chrisman for a top-notch NFL debut. Kevin Huber, your retirement dinner and ceremonial gold watch await.

He didn’t look that good.  Maybe it was the wind, but nothing Chrisman did jumped out.  But that’s good compared to Huber this year because some of his stuff did stand out, but not in a good way.  

I’m looking forward to Chrisman getting to punt in any kind of benign condition.  We’ll see what he is then.  Maybe he’s a long term answer, maybe we draft the best punter available next year.  I think punting is way more important than than the draft capital/real capital most teams put into it.

You’ll have to forgive COB, he’s challenging Shula this season for the 2022-23 Bengalszone Bad Takes Crown.

As for Drue, yes, small sample size but yesterday’s performance puts him at No. 4 league-wide.

https://www.nfl.com/stats/player-stats/category/punts/2022/reg/all/puntingaverageyards/desc

• Like 1

I’m telling you, Chrisman didn’t look that good.  Let’s see what he does on a benign day.  That windy day in that shithole stadium doesn’t tell me anything.  What does tell me something?  Chrisman couldn’t beat out Huber when Huber spent most of camp ordering sock garters out of a Sears catalogue and telling teenagers to stay off his lawn.

• Haha 1

On 11/22/2022 at 12:58 PM, HoosierCat said:

You’ll have to forgive COB, he’s challenging Shula this season for the 2022-23 Bengalszone Bad Takes Crown.

As for Drue, yes, small sample size but yesterday’s performance puts him at No. 4 league-wide.

https://www.nfl.com/stats/player-stats/category/punts/2022/reg/all/puntingaverageyards/desc

It's just his expert opinion!  Opinions are like . . oh nevermind.