Week 9: Panthers @ Bengals

HoosierCat

Hilarious TJ… I took a nap and meant to get up for the game. I woke up and it was 28-0. Glad to see the Bengals handling things with the running game.

On a side note, I heard a name and saw a play that I was secretly hoping would continue to go unheard. (Terrace Marshall) Had we taken Sewell in the first instead of Chase he was the guy I wanted in the 2nd. That was his first TD since being drafted by a horrible Panthers team that hasn’t had a QB worth a shit. Would love to see him make his way to a reunion with Burrow and Chase down the road.

Good showing.  Great to see the run game revived.   The other guy always has something to do with it, and I’d say the Panthers aren’t exactly laying it all on the line for this interim coach.  In other games Mixon was having to cut or jump over guys as soon as he got the ball.  Today he had a full head of steam into the second level before the Panthers touched him.  Great showing by our maligned o-line.

• Like 1

There has been a lot of talk about the play calling of Zac to this point and regarding that thought, I'm curious how to take Mixon's comments after the game, especially the last part:

"Coach called it up, and we came out being physical.  We came out being physical and we basically did whatever we could for him to keep calling them plays and running plays, and he actually stuck to it."

I wonder if Mixon thinks the running game hasn't gone well to this point because of Zac's play calling or him abandoning it for throwing the ball down the field ??  Just more curious than anything seeing as how the run game has pretty much sucked ass to this point.

Here's to hoping Zac and the team relies more on the running game and the o-line can continue to create holes and block well moving forward !!

17 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

There has been a lot of talk about the play calling of Zac to this point and regarding that thought, I'm curious how to take Mixon's comments after the game, especially the last part:

"Coach called it up, and we came out being physical.  We came out being physical and we basically did whatever we could for him to keep calling them plays and running plays, and he actually stuck to it."

I wonder if Mixon thinks the running game hasn't gone well to this point because of Zac's play calling or him abandoning it for throwing the ball down the field ??  Just more curious than anything seeing as how the run game has pretty much sucked ass to this point.

Here's to hoping Zac and the team relies more on the running game and the o-line can continue to create holes and block well moving forward !!

Taylor’s play calling to me has been horrible, and really just very inconsistent. Earlier when asked Zac about running the ball he pretty much said you should probably ask somebody who likes to run the ball. I agree they need to run the ball more, I’m not saying take the ball out of Burrows hands, but try running it more then 10 times a game. It will probably make defenders think twice about how to play the bengals and give Burrow more time. So hopefully things change for the better with his game plans.

Offensive line wasn't ready to start the season.    Since the first two weeks its pretty obvious to me that OL is the biggest failure point in the offense rather than scheme or play calling.

If the OL can handle the other teams front 7 they'll put up numbers and dictate to the other team.  

We saw this  NY, Miami, NO, Atl, and Car.

Bengals will run the ball when they OL can actually block.  Yesterday they owned the LOS against Cleveland they didn't.

They simply have to be ready to put forth best efforts against Pitt and Tenn.