Week 16: Ravens @ Bengals

HoosierCat

11 minutes ago, Stripes said:

The 4th quarter play calling was vintage 2003-2009 Peyton Manning Colts. They would throw it all over the yard up by a bunch with three minutes to play. Teams could not stop them and it allowed them total control of the ball.

If the Bengals can do that, they have my blessing. Just protect Joe.

Yup. Also, I take my cues from the QB king…

If I read Harbaugh's lips after the game when he shook Taylor's hand, he said "why'd you have to beat me like that?" He didn't laugh, just seemed miffed, and it's hard to tell if he was joking.   He truly is one of the biggest cry baby coaches there is, it's fun beating his teams as a result.

I wonder if he had issues with that last drive, calling passing plays.  I'm guessing he was upset.

29 minutes ago, membengal said:

Yup. Also, I take my cues from the QB king…

When your Def coaches are slighting your players in the media,  what do you expect when the one you targeted rubs it in your face legally and arguably quite ethically?  Harbaugh reallly just likes to whine, a LOT, it rubs off on his staff I'm guessing.

10 minutes ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

If I read Harbaugh's lips after the game when he shook Taylor's hand, he said "why'd you have to beat me like that?" He didn't laugh, just seemed miffed, and it's hard to tell if he was joking.   He truly is one of the biggest cry baby coaches there is, it's fun beating his teams as a result.

I wonder if he had issues with that last drive, calling passing plays.  I'm guessing he was upset.

Him and his stupid ass brother at Michigan are THE two biggest whiny bitches there are in coaching.

Hate them both !!

• Haha 1

I think it was Mem that made the comment during the game that he still can’t believe we have a QB like Burrow.

It made me think back when AJ Green was in the pro bowl and Andrew Luck was the starting QB for the AFC.  Dude was throwing laser beams and hit AJ for a TD. Definition of throwing a dime.

I VIVIDLY recall thinking:
“It sure would be nice to have a QB like that”.

Now we do. Thank you God !!

57 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

I think it was Mem that made the comment during the game that he still can’t believe we have a QB like Burrow.

It made me think back when AJ Green was in the pro bowl and Andrew Luck was the starting QB for the AFC.  Dude was throwing laser beams and hit AJ for a TD. Definition of throwing a dime.

I VIVIDLY recall thinking,
“It sure would be nice to have a QB like that”.

Now we do. Thank you God !!

Right now he is an elite NFL QB technically, finishing no lower than 6th in all the major cat's I believe, and 2nd in QBR.   Tied for the most INT's, but also has been sacked the most, with only TENN having anywhere near as many sacks against.

Have to figure with better protection, he's a top 5 guy annually if they play their cards right, and don't get him killed.

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/stats?category=passing&season=2021&sortOrder=desc

6 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Provided they resign Uzomah (and they should) they really have offensive need other than oline

It’s not close to being on the same level, but they have 4 WR’s to make decisions with.

Tate- UFA
Thomas- UFA
Irwin- ERFA
Morgan- RFA

If they like what they have, it shouldn’t be hard to bring those guys back. If not, there’s an opportunity to improve depth. Outside of that, yeah, give me O-linemen.

• Like 1

Regarding running up the score, and passing in that last series:

Willie tweeted that the Ravens zero blitzed us 8 times last year while up 27-0.  

two points: first, they had it coming today due to that zero blitzing last year.  Second - the Ravens were up 27-0 last year, now look what happened in one off season.  We swept them this year and neither game was close.  Biggest one season improvement I can remember.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, COB said:

Regarding running up the score, and passing in that last series:

Willie tweeted that the Ravens zero blitzed us 8 times last year while up 27-0.  

The whole narrative is borked. Let’s review: the first play of Q4 was a Baltimore TD that made it a 13 point game. Anyone here feel like a 13 point fourth quarter Bengals lead is safe? Yeah, that’s what I thought. So the Bengals go on a nice five minute drive consisting of eight straight passes that ends with a Higgins TD. That puts the lead back to 20 with 10 minutes left. From there, the “running up the score” Bengals would score…0 points.

As to throwing the ball until the very end, hey, it was working. As I mentioned during elsewhere, how many times have we watched OCs inexplicably stop doing what working because ha ha, I am a genius, they’ll never expect that! If Balti wanted us to stop passing, all they had to do was…stop the pass.