Week 11: Bengals @ Raiders

HoosierCat

10 minutes ago, Stripes said:

Hasn’t always been pretty, but I will absolutely take 6-4 with 5/7 remaining at home.

HUGE FUCKING WIN today. Just massive in terms of having everything on the table for rest of season. So excited. 

Haven’t enjoyed a half of football that much in a long time.  So good to see them back to playing defense.  Those last two losses were brutal, we gave up a shitload of points.

Also, Burrow has to encase his whole body in ice bags for the whole flight home.  Dude got roughed up.

18 minutes ago, membengal said:

I cursed at ZT so hard during the game but...he was right and I was wrong on the gameplan. Hammering the run and sticking with it was the right move against that team.

You weren’t wrong. Play calling sucked until about halfway through Q2. Shula actually called the needed changes way back in this thread and when they shifted boom! suddenly here was offense. Taylor & Co. have some skill at adjustments, mor thanks we have seen here for a while tho still needs work. But game planning is still a work in progress.

6 minutes ago, membengal said:

That's the problem with the run tho - it can be painful in a game until it gets untracked. They stuck with it. That was the right move. 

They wore down the Raiders D. While they struggled to score much of the game they held the ball and imho TOP made the difference for Mixon late. But yeah props for not losing faith in the run.

---Not sure they win that game if Bullock or Seibert are still this team's kicker. McPherson bombing figgies from 54, 53 and 51 - with each being needed points was a massive difference in this game. That guy totally changes the dynamic.

---I alluded to this in other posts, but I generally hate pushing the run game - but ZT had the right plan today. Easier to live with the time it takes to establish the run and wear teams down late (like they did today) when you have a kicker who can cash in drives when they inevitably run out of steam with that approach. Ravens for years use Tucker to bail them out in these kind of games - we got bailed out today w/ a good kicker. Nice.

---Sure wish they used Evans more - Perine is...fine. Evans has a whole different gear.

---Line stabalized as game went on after a roughish feeling 1st quarter. Allowing just one sack to Crosby/Ngokwe was good work in final analysis.

---Nice bounce-back for the defense - good gameplan and other than the one drive - really excellent from them today. Good discipline to choke down on the short passing game too.

---Good work from Burrow to be patient and not force things. Has to be hard to throttle back, but he managed things well today. 

---Still wish Higgins would find his mojo on contested catches. 

---I could not believe we waited two weeks for them to to run a TE screen to Sample for play one. Much cussing from me.

---That said, Sample does block well. And...Stanley Morgan blocks like a madman.

---Great game from Mixon - put the team on his back and got stronger as game went on. Nice to have that on film. 

---Wish they could find more consistency with the run blocking early in games - not sure what the issue is there. It gets better as game goes on. 

---vintage game from Boyd - glad they found him again to help move the sticks. ZT can't forget to do that going forward.