Week 5 - Dolphins talk

Stripes

Love the 4-1 record love how they never quit, but I keep wondering are they really any better then last years team. 

Crazy though how this team never stops fighting. 

The defense I still think is not there, but wow they took over at the end of the game so good for them hopefully they build on that!

Great comeback, great win.  Sorry Dim, that it came at the expense of your brother’s team, but someone had to lose!

D line looked pretty good.  O-line?  I’m going to start a car service tomorrow to haul all the guys from the airport to the facility that the Bengals SHOULD be inviting in for tryouts.  

4 minutes ago, COB said:

Great comeback, great win.  Sorry Dim, that it came at the expense of your brother’s team, but someone had to lose!

D line looked pretty good.  O-line?  I’m going to start a car service tomorrow to haul all the guys from the airport to the facility that the Bengals SHOULD be inviting in for tryouts.  

yep, this is only time i will go against Dolphins, Bengals come first. but feel bad for Dolphins as they start 3-0, and now it is possible they will be 3-3 as they vs Bears next week

2 hours ago, volcom69 said:

Love the 4-1 record love how they never quit, but I keep wondering are they really any better then last years team. 

Crazy though how this team never stops fighting. 

The defense I still think is not there, but wow they took over at the end of the game so good for them hopefully they build on that!

Yeah they are better and younger than last year.

Not without their weakness or warts.

Dalton has a much better command of this offense.   Line is a weak spot but Pollack is running circles around Alexander’s last season performance.

D-line is overrated against the run.  They get pushed around too much,IMO for as good as they supposed to be.

However 3 defensive scores, Boyd and Mixon are big differences from last year. 

• Like 1

My thoughts:

1. Every penny paid to Atkins and Dunlap was earned for past performance and justified for future performance. It is RARE to have two such talents on one team for as long as we have had those two. We have been spoiled. Atkins is a monster on the interior and Dunlap's ability to turn it up in big spots and late has been his trademark for a long time. We are lucky to be able to experience them on our favorite team.

2. Given not having Eiftert, Ross and Gio, I thought Dalton was really good in this game. The first pick was unfortunate, as AJ was held and knocked off his route and the safety made a nice play late, but take that away, and Dalton made a LOT of plays under duress. Earlier versions of Dalton would have thrown three or more picks in that game, and fumbled too. He did a great job not letting it get out of hand, and made huge throws late. The play to Mixon for the TD to get them back into the game was very much new Dalton. I still want to give a ton of credit for that to Alex Van Pelt's coaching.

3. Mixon is the first genuine closer at RB we have had in awhile. Having a guy who can close out games in the 4th quarter at RB is a huge luxury. 

4. They still need to tackle better.

5. William Jackson looked more like himself this week. Should have had a pick 6 early, hopefully he is over his early funk.

6. Just nice seeing 55 back on the field. The defense is just more settled when he is out there making plays. 

7. Would like to see Simmons get the special teams issues addressed ASAP. Need to stop giving points away there. 

8. They definitely (and especially Boyd) missed having Ross on the outside to put extra stress on the coverage. 

That win was enormous. Miami is likely gonna limp into the wild card mix (their schedule is pretty soft), getting a head to head against them might be important down the road. Still no conference losses, that's also huge. Hopefully Ross' groin issue is better and he can go next week. They need him to balance the field and give Boyd more room underneath.

2 hours ago, membengal said:

My thoughts:

1. Every penny paid to Atkins and Dunlap was earned for past performance and justified for future performance. It is RARE to have two such talents on one team for as long as we have had those two. We have been spoiled. Atkins is a monster on the interior and Dunlap's ability to turn it up in big spots and late has been his trademark for a long time. We are lucky to be able to experience them on our favorite team.

2. Given not having Eiftert, Ross and Gio, I thought Dalton was really good in this game. The first pick was unfortunate, as AJ was held and knocked off his route and the safety made a nice play late, but take that away, and Dalton made a LOT of plays under duress. Earlier versions of Dalton would have thrown three or more picks in that game, and fumbled too. He did a great job not letting it get out of hand, and made huge throws late. The play to Mixon for the TD to get them back into the game was very much new Dalton. I still want to give a ton of credit for that to Alex Van Pelt's coaching.

3. Mixon is the first genuine closer at RB we have had in awhile. Having a guy who can close out games in the 4th quarter at RB is a huge luxury. 

4. They still need to tackle better.

5. William Jackson looked more like himself this week. Should have had a pick 6 early, hopefully he is over his early funk.

6. Just nice seeing 55 back on the field. The defense is just more settled when he is out there making plays. 

7. Would like to see Simmons get the special teams issues addressed ASAP. Need to stop giving points away there. 

8. They definitely (and especially Boyd) missed having Ross on the outside to put extra stress on the coverage. 

That win was enormous. Miami is likely gonna limp into the wild card mix (their schedule is pretty soft), getting a head to head against them might be important down the road. Still no conference losses, that's also huge. Hopefully Ross' groin issue is better and he can go next week. They need him to balance the field and give Boyd more room underneath.

Totally. I'm struck by how little I'm missing Iloka. Bates is owning it.