• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Injury report from the .com after Weds practice :-

OUT:

Marvn Jones, Alex Smith

LIMITED PRACTICE:

Shawn Williams (S)

DID NOT PRACTICE:

LB's - Taze (concussion), Porter (hammy)

WR's - AJ (toe)

G's - Zeitler (calf), Pollack (knee)

DT's - Thompson (knee)

RB's - Burkhead (knee)

OT's - Whitworth (knee)

So that's the official line - lets see how this rolls out as the week rolls along

For what it's worth on the attendance front, Octoberfest is this weekend. In the past there has been a pretty good walkup crowd for games played on that weekend. That won't help with the blackout though. I think a nice day weather-wise would help fill the stadium.

Also the UC-Miami game is being played at PBS on Saturday. I would imagine this game has had some negative impact on ticket sales for the Tennessee game. Three games in eight days is a lot to pay for.

all last week, I was hoping they'd inactivate Burfict for the Atl game. From personal experience, guys coming off concussions are more susceptible to getting another right away.

he barely qualified from concussion protocol to qualify for the game vs. Atlanta; should have held him out to play it even safer than NFL guidelines. Here's a guy with a four year team investment, plus it's a September game in a season where you hope to be playing in January. my opinion: needed to take it more carefully with him.

it's hard to predict these things, but this wasn't a surprise, either.

Even after they let him play, here's what I saw - Burfict gets hit in the head early. Is so groggy on the field the ref has to send him off. Then when he gets on the sideline he somehow is not held out, and goes back in the game, only to get kneed in the head and off he goes again. Shouldn't have gone back in the game. And anyone who believed the stinger story is naive beyond belief.

Even after they let him play, here's what I saw - Burfict gets hit in the head early. Is so groggy on the field the ref has to send him off. Then when he gets on the sideline he somehow is not held out, and goes back in the game, only to get kneed in the head and off he goes again. Shouldn't have gone back in the game. And anyone who believed the stinger story is naive beyond belief.

Hey COB, I heard you had a bridge for sale !!!

From what Hobs writes it sounds like Burfict will sit. OTOH sounds like Green is improving.

I'm more worried about losing Burfict than Green. We have depth at both positions, but Burfict is a damned monster and I honestly feel having him out reduces our chances more than having Green out. Still, I would MUCH rather they be careful with Burfict and risk losing a game than rolling the dice and maybe seeing him get knocked the fuck out of six-eight-a millionty games further down the road.

Miracle of miracles, we have a (85%) sellout!

/>http://www.cincinnati.com/story/blogs/2014/09/18/bengals-pass-threshold-will-be-on-local-tv/15841629/?from=global&sessionKey=&autologin=

no blackout

Amazing how this happens game after game. One might begin to suspect that they were less than honest about being so far behind on Tuesday...

Only the NFL would have something called an "85% sellout". The NFL itself is 100% sellout to the point that, as much as I love watching it, I'm starting to look at the league itself as a pretty fucked up entity. They could start fixing it by firing Roger Goodell.

The whole Adrian Peterson thing - "We stand by Adrian, the legal process, blah blah blah" Then Radisson Hotels pulls money. "Indefinitely suspended, various meaningless gestures re domestic abuse, blah blah blah." All the NFL cares about is money. Their game wrecks the brains of their own employees, and they first try to suppress and discredit the evidence. Then when it is irrefutable, they try to pay off the old-timers on the cheap, and in regards to changes so their current guys don't get their lives ruined? None. No changes. Same thing happening to NFL brains this season that has been happening the last 20 or 30 years.

Ultimately, this period of football being played after the settlement is the period of time that is going to cost the NFL the most. Down the road, in a massive lawsuit, the successful claim will essentially be: You knew it ruined the lives of your employees to the point you made a settlement to pay the damaged players off, then you did absolutely nothing, changed nothing, to make sure the current plaintiffs wouldn't be similarly damaged. In fact, wasn't it not only a risk they would be similarly damaged, but wasn't it a certainty they would be similarly damaged?

Verdict for the plaintiff for 50 dumptrucks full of cash.

Also - I'm sorry to say this because I like Mike Brown, but the NFL as a league is a less attractive target than an individual owner. I think that is where the eventual cataclysmic litigation will end up - ex player vs owner.

I look for the Titans to play close to the line of scrimmage tomorrow. The last two weeks there have been a lot of screens, runs and short passes. So hopefully they can get the run fake going and throw it deep with some success. I think the titans defense is going to be tough, so hopefully the bengals offense is ready to play a physical game.

Somebody from the Titans said bengals have yet to be hit in the mouth. So sounds like they want a physical game.

I look for the Titans to play close to the line of scrimmage tomorrow. The last two weeks there have been a lot of screens, runs and short passes. So hopefully they can get the run fake going and throw it deep with some success. I think the titans defense is going to be tough, so hopefully the bengals offense is ready to play a physical game.

Somebody from the Titans said bengals have yet to be hit in the mouth. So sounds like they want a physical game.

The Ravens tried to play that way, but couldn't stop the O anyway. Hopefully he Titans can't stop them either.

As long as the D plays well it should be a low scoring event for the Titans at least.