Free Agency

combatbengal

Alex Mack. Watch it happen.

Rigid if this happens !!:sure:/>

The fact that Collins didn't sign at the bell gives me some hope that he is giving the Bengals an opportunity to match

Of course the other possibility is whoever lost out on the other LTs that went at the bell today just jumped into the fray for Collins and so the money went up

so I am both hopeful and depressed *laff*

seeing Joisey change his name will make it all better, tho

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Bengals-start-over-at-center/e3bec5b6-d2ed-41d0-9ab3-18777fec0526

Looks like the pre-season battle for starting C will be between Pollack and Robinson ... not that we were expecting a Mack signing ...but nice to dream eh?

Cook on the street. Mild surprise. I noted he could be cut, based on salary v production. But this is a good. Robinson would be my choice at C.

Any chance they could still keep AC? Man, I hope they could pull it out.

Yep I believe your right Hoosier.

Mean while Cole Harvey said the bengals have some guard who got cut last week from the Jags visiting on Thursday. I don't know how to pronounce his name, or ever heard of him.

Uche Nwaneri.

/>http://www.cincyjungle.com/visits-workouts/2014/3/11/5497994/former-jaguars-og-uche-nwaneri-scheduled-to-visit-cincinnati-on

From Josh K:

Nwaneri, a former fifth-round pick from the 2007 NFL draft, has started 92 career games and played 104, including all but one in the past six years. Of the Jaguars starting offensive linemen, Nwaneri was the only one that didn't post a horrible Pro Football Focus grade -- scored a -0.3. That being said, PFF gave him a -10.4 run blocking score in 2013.

Jacksonville released the veteran guard last week, who has been dealing with leg injuries in recent years, due to a $5.9 million salary and the benefit of $3.7 million savings in cap space.

"The move is a bit of a surprise, but Nwaneri was always on the fringe of the roster going forward given his salary and decline in play," writes Alfie Crow last week.

Typical.

Per le twitter:

Browns offer to Andrew Hawkins includes guarantee that's >3 times Bengals' tender of $1.45M. Bengals source tells me unlikely CIN matches

So that means something in the $5 million range guaranteed. Likely then at least $10-12 million overall.

43 million for five years not bad for MJ makes me wonder though Barley got a bigger contract then Dunlap and you thought Zimmer would been all over him but doesn't seem be the case.

PS,Gonna miss baby hawk glad he'll get better chance just wish was someone besides the browns.